MPIO HD400 & HD500 the Metro Sexual MP3 Player?

mpio hd400 hhd500 MPIO HD400 & HD500 the Metro Sexual MP3 Player?

Metro sexual playa… is this another poor Korean translation or misunderstanding of English language?

The MPIO HD400 will have an 8GB hard drive while the larger version the HD500 will come in sizes of 20GB and 40GB. These upcoming players from MPIO will play music, movies, and text files in formats of MP3, WMA, ASF, and OGG. While manufactures are testing the waters with the new OLED screen MPIO plans to stick with the tried and proven LCD display. In addition to all the other standard MP3 player features such as FM radio there is also a 3.5mm line in recording feature. Both the HD400 and HD500 have been lingering for quite some time but there is no word on when and where they will be released

[Source]

AEnkryption on April 26, 2006 8:13 AM

I just recently bought this mp3 player and my reactions are pretty mixed. Appearance is thumbs up, better than those iPodians, however there are some things i dont like. First it basically acts like a shuffle player, you cant select a certain album and play it, it shuffles through the entire playlist. You can only select a song and then it rotates. Also, if you like anime, this isnt the vid player to watch it on. You’ll probobly ruin your eyesight trying to read the 1.5cm subtitles, mind you its possible, but very tedious. Regular movies and videos would be fine as long as they dont require too much detail, i find that the screen could be a little bigger though. Besides that, i’m just glad i have an mp3 player now. Cheers.

Diyun on May 7, 2006 11:29 PM

The video is just fine, just find a nice High definition video to really bring out the best in this player. Yes the subtitles are small, but you only need them to watch anime if you cant understand japanese lol. (i cant understand japanese) Even with the lower quality video it will look just fine jus the way you downloaded it

Justin on May 20, 2006 11:25 PM

you can play just the albums, that was my first thought aswell, you just need to hit select on a song and then it goes to the white screen with all your songs then hit the left button and it goes to your album/files then you select the one you want.Im a huge fan of mine and give it a 9/10, would have been 10 if the screen was a little bigger

ipod on June 13, 2006 8:16 PM

Ipods kick ass

iPod haterMan on July 13, 2006 6:34 PM

iPods suck nipples.

CrazyHappyNinja on July 17, 2006 7:18 AM

I listened to mine for about one hour then it broke. I thought maybe the battery had run out of juice (still bad for one hour use) so I’ve had it charging with the USB cord because no wall charger is supplied for at least five hours and still nothing. The whole package is bad, the carry case literally came apart at the seams, the control buttons were loose and almost fell out and the earphone quality sucked. I won’t be buying anything from mpio again… but it doesn’t mean I’ll get an Ipod.

Canadian Dream on July 21, 2006 2:04 PM

Great player, I dont know about this one hour than it broke…it definately beats the video ipod. I love the simplicity and how it looks, very sleek design. Has some great EQ settings and the video quality is very good considering the screen size. For best video, high quality videos work and look the best. The sound is very nice out of the player, I would suggest investing possibly into some new headphones if you are listening to an mp3 player often, most likely you already own some if you do. The browser function is great feature to sort through your tracks, only downfall you cant make a playlist on your player, you have to make a seperate folder in the music folder to play certain ones. Great item from MPIO!

desperado on July 25, 2006 4:33 AM

Just bought mine today. I charged it for like half an hour and played it for like 2 hrs…still it had charge left!!! ( definitely over 1hr in full charge )menu looks gr8, sample video looks gr8…havnt uploaded any myself.i think there’s a small delay in loading mp3s, considering its an mp3 player…didnt expect that. it wudnt bother much if u r listenin to music continuously, but if u skipping music ( the name loads immediately and the sound starts after say 10 milliseconds. )the software support isnt so gr8, u hav to use windows media player, but the transcoder is gr8 ( for video conversion ).overall: 8/10

lallaal on July 26, 2006 2:04 AM

I’ve had this device for a few months now, and, umm, there are quite a few misleading comments here.> First it basically acts like a shuffle player, you cant select a certain album and play it, it shuffles through the entire playlist.This makes no sense to me. I add albums folder by folder and it sorts and plays them in the same order as they were added.> I listened to mine for about one hour then it broke.You probably manhandle electronics ;) > the software support isnt so gr8, u hav to use windows media playerNo you don’t. You can turn this off in the options menu (it’s off by default, btw) and have the player act as an USB drive — meaning that you can just drag and drop music into the player. The best and most hasslefree solution there is, no bloatware needed.So there. But the device has some bad points to it:- volume levels are not very high (earbuds will most likely be your only solution)- the included earphones are trash (no surprise there)- the included bass-booster adds severe noise to the sound (unless it’s my headphones)- switching songs takes a second or twoOther than that, it’s awesome.

Heikki on July 31, 2006 8:40 AM

>- volume levels are not very high (earbuds will most likely be your only solution)Volume output is limited to 6mW because European legislation. From mpio’s homepage you can find international firmware that increases the output to 18mW…

superman on August 2, 2006 10:36 PM

the players great, definately better than a friken ipod or a creative player. the whole 1 hr thing just sounds like a manufacure defect, or someone who didnt listen to th echarging instructions. my main problem with mine is that my lyrics option doesnt show up, and secondly that my player wont read avi files or divx files. someone help me

Caty Tota on August 7, 2006 2:45 PM

You guys are the 80582 best, thanks so much for the help.

Heikki on August 9, 2006 4:48 PM

>-my main problem with mine is that my lyrics option doesnt show up, and secondly that my player wont read avi files or divx files. someone help mefrom mpio’s homepage:”In order to use lyrics function, download MediaSync Manager.”"Use PMP Transcoder to convert movie files to MP4 that MPIO player can read.”

cameron on August 18, 2006 1:18 AM

im thinking of getting an mp3 player but i cant decied between a creative zen micro photo, or this. pls help me!contact me ” im_angry_@hotmail.com

abztrakt on August 21, 2006 2:52 PM

im getting mine tomorrow…cant wait

quiksilver on September 4, 2006 9:11 PM

is there any new transcoder version for solid, im not saying that the recent transcoder is not good but i just want to know if there’s any new one and where can i download it… another thing how can i get off that crackling sound that occurs right before another music starts to play?… please help…

reverie on September 8, 2006 3:52 AM

hm.. i bought an mp3 player from mpio before, and it was great (FY 200), but since i lost it/someone stole it, i now seek a new player and have much faith in mpio’s line of players. however, i’m torn between 2.. i kind of want that new FL 400 cuz it’s small and convenient (cuz no holding required), but i also want the mpio solid cuz more space, and video viewing…… any suggestions/opinions?

zorz on September 8, 2006 10:55 PM

I bought my hd400 about a month and it broke!!! COMPLETELY FIRED LIKE KFC CHICKEN ,,,, AND IT USED TO OVERHEAT!!! i made sure to charge it properlly and to handle it carefully m, but i dunno what the ass is hapnin , anyway , other than that SMALL problem , its good , excellent video quality , good sound quality on other head phone sets and easy to use software 7/10

HD400muncher on October 4, 2006 10:29 PM

I loved my MPIO HD400′s but something is seriously wrong with them! I just had my second one crap out on me! It just stopped playing in mid song, then when I reset it, it took forever to boot up, and still won’t play anything. The exact same thing happened to the first one so I got an exchange, hoping for better luck with a different machine…but NO! I’ll definitly not go back to MPIO even though I did like the features more than IPOD or anything else on the market. Oh, and I am NOT hard on them. I do not do anything to them that in the warranty it says you shouldn’t do and then some. I still have the clear wrap around the machine, for great sakes! So, IPOD, here I come, unless someone has a better suggestion.

xtian88 on November 4, 2006 6:26 PM

the best player compared to IPODs and Creative.. the best sound. I like the SRS, pretty cool.. makes me feel like I am in a concert or something.. problem is the battery.. has a short battery life.. i’ll give it an 8/10..

Manu on November 6, 2006 8:19 AM

Bought this player in May 2006, and was very impressed with its look and feel. The options on this thing are awesome. Everything from the quality of watching videos, to listening to music non-stop over a long period of time were to be expected. Great equalizer settings and incredibly easy to operate. And to top it all off it has decent battery life. After rigorous use it still gives me about 10-12 hours on music and about 3-3.5 hours on video. The battery indicator though seems to have only 2 modes fully charged or close to empty for the last few hours.This being said I have some qualms about it now. The support offered by MPIO is incredibly bad. Due my extensive use of the product, I am losing sound in the left channel if the cord is jiggled, I emailed the company about a month ago and am yet to hear anything back from them.There is no additional support out there for it, products wise and I have noticed the overheating problem myself.All apart from the crappy customer service really makes this a worthwhile investment though.

ronald on November 26, 2006 3:44 AM

can’t decide between microphoto and thisALSOIs there a differnece between the solid one and the one i saw at best buy? apparently this one has 4 buttons and the one at best buy has a red side and 2 button! check it out, please e-mail me or post here! i’ll check! speed_demon3000@hotmail.comhttp://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10071505&logon=&langid=EN

danny on November 24, 2007 2:58 PM

can anyone help me….i was putting songs onto my mpio fy200 and it unplugged in the middle of transfering songs over to it. Now it says “please wait…” on the screen of the fy200 and it wont go away. I cant turn it off or do anything else. The only way to turn it off is to take the battery out, but even then i put the battery back in and it does the same thing. It seems like it froze. Is there anyway to reset it? or do i need to download some updated firmware or something

danny on November 24, 2007 3:00 PM

here is my email if you can help or know what to do.foedog@gmail.com

Fawwaz on February 4, 2008 10:36 AM

I have a MPIO HD 400 and it seems it takes a long time to charge. When ever i put it for charge for 4 hours it still says that its not completely charged. And when I unplug the charging wire from my MPIO the screen goes blank and won’t turn on….so does anyone know what the problem could be, i really need some help.

Testaburger on February 26, 2008 2:58 PM

I bought it about a year ago it would be nice but it is unreliable. Usually breaks down and says:Illegal Hdd or file error. The service changed my old one to a brand new and it was good for about a half year. And now i can only listen one or two songs then it says those fucking masseges again.Next time i’m gonna buy an ipod or somethin that doesn’t have so many features but at least u can rely on it.