Guide to Disassembling the MobiBLU DAH-1500i

mobiblu dah 1500 apart 01 thumb Guide to Disassembling the MobiBLU DAH 1500i

I have received a lot of emails about the insides of the MobiBLU cube. In my first review of the DAH-1500 I took it apart and snapped a few pictures of the insides. The pictures were not very clear and I had many requests for better pictures. So I took it apart again to write you a step by step guide to taking it apart.

I do want to caution you that it is somewhat difficult to get it back together. I have done it successfully but with frustration due to some of the miniature parts. So here is your warning: do it at your own risk.

Step 1

mobiblu dah 1500 apart a1 thumb Guide to Disassembling the MobiBLU DAH 1500i

The entire cube is held together by a screw on the bottom of the player. You may have to remove the serial number sicker to reveal it. You will need a small screw driver, preferably a 1.6mm Philips head.

Step 2

mobiblu dah 1500 apart b1 thumb Guide to Disassembling the MobiBLU DAH 1500imobiblu dah 1500 apart b2 thumb Guide to Disassembling the MobiBLU DAH 1500i

The back (the white part) will slide away from the main casing. Stick the screw driver in the headphone jack carefully. Hold on to the case and push the back off. The front display will now easily come off of the main body because it was attached to the white back you just pulled off.

Step 3:

mobiblu dah 1500 apart c1 thumb Guide to Disassembling the MobiBLU DAH 1500imobiblu dah 1500 apart c2 thumb Guide to Disassembling the MobiBLU DAH 1500i

The circuit board is held in place by the head phone jack. If you lift the white part around the headphone jack straight up, the circuit board will be released from the white backing.

Other Cautions

If you decide to take the battery out, pay attention to the direction it is facing. It is not like other electronic devices where if you put the battery in the wrong way it will simply not work. However, if you put the battery in the MobiBLU the wrong way you will fry it!

Putting it Back Together

mobiblu dah 1500 apart d1 thumb Guide to Disassembling the MobiBLU DAH 1500imobiblu dah 1500 apart d2 thumb Guide to Disassembling the MobiBLU DAH 1500imobiblu dah 1500 apart d3 thumb Guide to Disassembling the MobiBLU DAH 1500i

Reassembling the player can be tricky due to the ribbon connection that connects the OLED display to the circuit board. I found that if you put the backing on first and then the front, it works the best. You will have to do it carefully, making sure that the ribbon connects to the circuit board.

Replacing the Battery

Many of you have posed concerns about the battery life. When it eventually dies, then what? How can I replace it and where can I buy a new one? The battery inside the MobiBLU is made by Korean Power Cell. Looking at the specs and measurements it appears that the DAH-1500 and DAH-1500s are using the Korean Power Cell PD2048, which is a 3.7v 120mAh lithium ion coin type battery. As for the DAH-1500i, that particular US model uses a 180mAh coin type battery of a similar size. I could not find a model number that matched those specs.

mobiblu dah 1500 apart e1 thumb Guide to Disassembling the MobiBLU DAH 1500i

Korean Power Cell will not sell individual batteries. They are strictly a mass quantity OEM supplier of rechargeable battery solutions. I have yet to find a place that would sell any of these individually. If someone finds a place to purchase these batteries please let us know.

Slacker on December 22, 2005 11:17 AM

Batteries Plus either has the battery or can make it for you on the spot.

Genius on December 28, 2005 2:19 PM

Duh..!!! what does it take to figure out that if ever battery ran out..i dont have any way to charge it back..simply throw the player in a dustbin and get a ipod..! ipod not use any korean battery for a reason..

Cameron Deyhle on December 30, 2005 10:11 AM

Thanks for this post.I saw it a couple days ago and enjoyed it for its novelty. (Everyone likes looking at the insides of technology) But yesterday It came in real handy because my volume+ button started having difficulty. So I reread your post which gave me the confidence I needed to open it up for myself. I wasn’t able to see what the problem was exactly but when i put it back together, It worked perfectly. I guess it just needed a little adjustment. Anyway, thanks again for the post and for the site.

Sammie (Samantha) on January 3, 2006 5:46 PM

Hayy! I just wanted to say i went to school today and everyone and there i-pod nanos and other mp3 players and no one had my mobiblu! Its vry original and awesomelly small and cute!!!This mobi blu is great!At first i had to read the instruction manual a couple times but i got the hang of it!Me and my friend rocked out to hawthorn heights and fob all day durring class!lol!:)When i got it for christmas i loved it but i cound not get the radio to work then i notesed i had to be out side to pick up the stations.The only accual questions are where can i get the kool covers for them, you no the bubbly one and the hello kitty one i would sooo buy it!ov corse i got a black one and thats y i want a cover for it so i can make to kool and cute!

Gena on January 6, 2006 7:29 AM

Hello.. I was just wondering.. is the Mobiblu available to buy in Australia? Other than on Ebay? It looks really cool!

Rudhra on January 11, 2006 12:15 PM

Hi,I bought the 1GB Cube for my girlfriend.. it is a very very good ((sound)quality & design) good player!Unfortunately, the battery died after 6 weeks… I’m from Netherlands and the Cube went back to Korea..after 3 MONTHS the shop still didn’t had new Cubes… and promised to pay back the money we paid…Now my girl doesn’t trust the Cubes anymore… ofcourse it could be just a bad one.. but if we buy a new one and it fails.. :( the shops only have the 256 Blue… if your lucky.She wants the red or pink 1GB ofcourse..she has looked at many many flashplayers but there are so many flashplayers that REALLY LOOK ALIKE!don’t want an Ipod for obvious reasons… one cant just copy files/music to it and stuff like that.. no radio in some models..nehso I would really like to now if the battery is being sold.. :)

wayne on January 20, 2006 1:00 AM

i would like to replace my battery for mine because i want a longer lasting one, and another one cause my brothers cube constantly leaks power lasting about 2hours? 4 hours max? i couldnt find the shells for any american sitesFYI: i have the 1500i model

Nick on February 1, 2006 7:56 PM

Just buy a 3.7 volt lithium ion rechargable batterey with as manny mA, mAh, A, Ah, whichever, as you can find one of about the same size with

jp on February 17, 2006 7:41 PM

Hey anyone has pics of the mobiblu close up if anyone has some plese email them to senor01@peoplepc.com

Ian on February 27, 2006 6:20 PM

I found a website that sells a 3.6V 110 mAh lithium-ion rechargeable bettery for around 13-14 USD with shipping, its $5 for the battery itself, and for UPS ground to my zipcode, it is $8.61. There’s a lot of different methods of shipping, but obviously next day will cost more. I think the shipping is so much because lithium might be considered a chemical of something…http://www.powerstream.com/li-pol.htmScroll down a ways, and there should be a chart. Someone above said look for a battery with the most mAh, but I know nearly nothing about elcetricity. All these batteries and 3.6V and there is a 110 mAh and a 160 mAh. If someone could reply as to which is better, that would be great. I currently do not own a MobiBlu Cube, but I’m thinking about getting one in May. I hope this helps anyone looking for a new battery.P.S. Sorry for the novel.

Dave on March 7, 2006 5:15 AM

Ok I opened mine up to have a closer look at the battery, it is a dah-1500i 1gb black(walmart version) and the battery is different than the pic above. It’s all wrapped up with some kind of foil or something and has a connector like a cordless phone battery that attaches to one of the boards. will look around and post back if I find anything.

Formol on March 10, 2006 10:29 PM

Hello,I’m having a problem, and maybe someone could give me some ideas… I just got a DAH 1500 1Gb grey and after a few minutes of use it just “died” and never turned on again. I had it charged for three hours, and then I got some music to it via USB, listened to two tracks, turned it of, went to bed and next morning it would not turn on. And it didn’t until now.Ever heard about it?Anything will help. I got the player on a trip and there is no tech support at all in my country. Please send emails to formol@hortibrasil.org.br or felipe@ellu.com.brSorry for the novel too.

Phil on March 20, 2006 4:24 PM

Hey Ian you asked weather a 110 mah or a 160 mah battery was better. The answer is that the 160 mah one will last long. 160 mah means that it will deliver 160 miliamperes for 1 hour the 110 mah can only do 110 miliamps for 1 hour. Also if you are drwing less current, say 20 miliamps the cell rated 160 mah will last 8 hours (160/20) and the one rated 110 mah will only last 5.5 hours (110/20). hope that helpsphil

ROBO-HOBO on May 5, 2006 6:11 AM

im gonna reply to Formol in the time that ive had the mobiblu i ve only expirienced it not coming on when i didnt use the safely remove hardware button on my pc to take it out once i forgot to use it and lost all my songs but anyway e-mail me

brandon on May 16, 2006 9:46 PM

can you use different headphones with the cube? or do you have to have that gay necklace kind

diana on May 25, 2006 8:53 PM

i just got a new “necklace” without headphones and use whatever headphones i choose at the time, but i keep it around my neck since it probable wouldn’t handle a crash to the floor to well.peace

Peter on June 15, 2006 5:06 AM

I saw that the 1500i is available in the Netherlands! So i you don’t want to have difficulties with ordering and all, check http://www.mobiblu-benelux.nl, where i got mine…

Vincent on June 26, 2006 12:03 AM

You know that if you hook it up to your comp it recharges use the 2.0 USB included.

droid on July 12, 2006 11:35 PM

I’ve just purchased a Centon BoomCube 1 Gb mp3/fm player that appears to be the same player as the MobiBLU. From the features it sounds like it’s a 1500 or a 1500i. $69 @ Amazon.com and $64 from TigerDirect.com … the really odd thing is both those stores carry BOTH mobiBLU and BoomCubes with the former being about $20 more.

dave on July 21, 2006 7:51 PM

Any word yet on replacement batteries for the cube?/nothing on mobiBlu site

droid on July 31, 2006 11:28 PM

An update to my above comment. The Centon BoomCube appears to be a cheap knockoff. It has 2.5mm headphone jack instead of the more standard 3.5mm jack. Also the battery appeared to substandard and didn’t last more than 2 hrs 10 minutes for me everytime I tried it. The file system is dinky and there’s no scrolling titles, just the first few characters. It doesn’t record direct to mp3 but rather a fairly low-quality .act format that requires you to reconvert to mp3 with your computer. The headphones are cheap and tinny and uncomfortable.Basically it just plain sucked. I traded it in for a mobiBlu and I was instantly able to recognize the DAH-1500i as a superior product!

Volkan on August 7, 2006 2:42 PM

Is there any chance of having more playing time if I change the Centon’s battery with another one?Thanks!

ramoncito on September 4, 2006 11:28 PM

Iam from Dominican Republic, and when I was in the U.S, I got the DAH- 1500i. Iam in the same situation like all of you. Iam looking for that holy battery and nobody tell me where I can get it. if someone of you Know, pleaso send me a e-mail to ramonmartinez44@hotmail.com

Freestylin on September 17, 2006 3:12 AM

After a few weeks of useing the DAH 1500i, i noticed that i deletes songs when i tried to download them. For example: If i had 33 songs already on the player and i download 5, the next time i turn it on i will have 19 instead of 38 and this happends every time. When i format it and start over, the cube doesnt want to excede past 33 songs.did this happen to anyone else?

PATRICIA on September 19, 2006 7:28 PM

I JUST GOT MY VERY FIRST MP3 PLAYER, A CENTON 1G BOOMCUBE, AND AM VERY PISSED TO FIND OUT THAT THE DRIVER CD IS BROKEN. NOW, NORMALLY THIS WOULDN’T BE A PROBLEM BUT IT HAPPENS THAT I LIVE IN A VERY FARAWAY COUNTRY WHERE THIS TECHNOLOGY IS NOT EVEN HEARD OF AND THE WEB PAGE FOR CENTRON, CAN ANYTHING SUCK MORE THAN THAT?, DOESN´T HAVE THE DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE VERSION FOR IT, CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT? THANKS FROM COLOMBIA

c-pow on September 21, 2006 12:05 PM

Try going to the reg mobiblu site and downloading it’s drivers, the tech. is similar enough to be inter-changeable

Freestylin on October 3, 2006 6:48 PM

um hello?! did any one else have my problem? look at the freestylin. thats 2 above this comment ok, ^_^

Hugh Jass on October 7, 2006 9:56 PM

Freestylin, apparently no one else has your problem. I gather that because no one else has replied to your post. So shutup, dumb@$$. Find help on a forum somewhere else or call technical support, you n00b.

Tachyon on November 15, 2006 1:00 AM

Apparently it’s mostly illiterate monkeys that posted comments here. Lots of idiotic crap.As for batteries, I don’t know why everyone is worried. Unlike Apple where you are just screwed when your battery dies, mobiblu offers replacement batteries and this is even mentioned in the manual.The Real Tachyon

Freestylin on November 19, 2006 2:04 AM

PPL!!!! SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO HAVE MY PROBLEM! RIGHT!?!?!?!?!?! ANSWER ME THIS TIME!!!! AND FUK U HUGH!!THANX PPL! =]

BSpears on November 22, 2006 7:49 PM

I got my cube about 6 months ago and after maybe 2 weeks it kept restarting itself. I charged it overn ight and when I tred to turn it on in the morning, the screen was all peppered. it would turn on but it wouldnt turn off unless i plugged it into and then out of the charger. I tooke it back after a month and got a new one and it happened again!!! Is it something to do with the screen connection, or is the battery going out?

BSpears on November 22, 2006 7:51 PM

Ill try to get pictures up so you know what i mean by peppered.

Shazbat on December 15, 2006 2:52 PM

There’s an Australian supplier for the 180 mAh (PD3032) and other Li-Ion cells from Korean Power Cell right here:http://www.master-instruments.com.au/browse/Model/PD3032.htmlAnyone know of any US distributors?

Hesham on December 26, 2006 3:51 AM

Hello,I’m having a problem, and maybe someone could give me some Help… I just got a DAH-2300 2Gb (US2) Black and after a few weeks of use it just “died” and never turned on again. I had it charged for three hours, and then I got some music to it via USB, turned it of, and next morning it would not turn on. And it didn’t until now.Ever heard about it?Anything will help. I got the player on a trip to korea and there is no tech support at all in my country. Please send emails to Hesham_yousef@yahoo.comI really feel bad

Hesham on December 26, 2006 3:57 AM

ROBO-HOBO …. whats your email address i have the same problem that i forget to safely reomve and now it doesnt work at all….pls help me my email address is hesham_yousef@yahoo.com

Joe on December 27, 2006 12:53 PM

In answer to the two posts above mine and many others, I see two problems. One, did you follow the directions about stopping the device before you disconnected it from the computer? If you did not, it is possible that you lost all songs the mp3 player. Also, according to the site’s manual it takes 6 hours to charge, not 3. The batteries are mass produced in taiwan, so not high quality, and very susceptible to leakage. Make sure you’ve totally turned the cube off. Replacing the battery with a trusted brand might just do the trick.and a question of my own: Is it safe and/or are these the steps I can follow to open a cube2? just post below, I’ll be checking back.

will on January 5, 2007 2:03 PM

I am on my 3rd cube. First two from Wallyworld, 1gb. died unexplained deaths.1st had the same re-setting problem as above. 2nd I might be my fault when leaving it in a hot car on charger3rd is a 2 gig model from Target have used it constantly for months.Only issue is the battery will not last as long as when new. Acceptable.Now I want to replace battery but will not send it to Cali. They offerd to do it for free, but the hassle involved is not worth it.If I read these posts correctly I should be able 2 find/replace battery myself.

MartinP2 on January 8, 2007 2:43 PM

Hi …I have a problem with tha DAH-2300 too…I have windows XP prof. SP2 and It isn’t recognise it just a few first time…where can I get a driver to it? the one on it’s CD isn’t work…please help…

Jasmine on January 8, 2007 11:06 PM

I got a mobiBlu DAH-1500i a couple weeks ago and when I drag the song to the file. the name will appear but the song isn’t loading onto my cube. Why is that ? Any info would be great. Thank You.

ola on January 11, 2007 10:18 PM

I was having weird problems with my cube….i went to the mobiblu website and followed their instructions for reinstalling the os……now everything works perfectly…

Ian on January 18, 2007 5:23 PM

Hi! I’m still a little confused with the whole replacing the battery situation. Has anyone purchased batteries from another site and installed them? Which one works? I remember reading sometime last year that Mobiblu would support replacing the batteries for a fee. Has anyone tried this either? I’m pretty sure I will be needing my battery replaced within a few months.I’ve had this thing for a year now and it still works good. I have the 2 GB DAH 1500i, in black. It’s excellent for the long board skating that I do, or for the daily commute to work in the car. I think most people that are having issues with this unit just either need to:1.) read the user manual2.) update the firmwareIf neither works then send it back for a replacement or your money back.

Bozo the clone on January 19, 2007 3:51 PM

I would BET you are dragging downloaded music; you need to use windows media player to move the files to cube so the credentails go with the wma files.IF you rip CD’s they should (will) go just fine from my experience.

kenny on January 26, 2007 7:04 PM

HI, my dah-5100i basically died. The headphone jack only works if I put the headphones in about half way. And it cannot connect to the computer at all. Is there any way I can get a replacement for that or anything??!If so please, PLEASE email me at xion15@gmail.com

max on February 1, 2007 5:29 PM

ya im trying to put it back together and the ribbon is hard to get in. anyone have suggestions how to get it in any easier my email is maxwellm@arilion.com

ADINA on February 2, 2007 1:06 PM

i have also a CUBE mp3 player and my computer doesnt reconize it. i need a driver and i really dont know where i can find it. can u please help me?

Nicola on February 4, 2007 6:43 AM

Hey there, I have a Pink 1GB DAH-1500i and worked fine until it was lost for a few months and found under my partners seat in his work van – we assumed the batt was dead flat so I have had it on charge for 3 hours so far – charging via USB and the screen lights up with Ready a little comp screen on the right a battery icon on the left (no bars showing yet…) and square with HS in it and another square underneath that with USB it is. My question is should the battery icon be showing any bars by now? And when it is fully charged should it show three bars? (I see in a post above someone has said it takes 6 hours to charge..) Any suggestions would be appreciated! Email – nicolaleggott@slingshot.co.nz

Jamie on February 11, 2007 1:30 AM

Alright, I’ll share what I learned.I purchased the DA-1500I 2GB (silver) last November and was quite pleased with it. I found out after extensive research that you can only store 2GB of music if you seperate it into folders that are less than 1GB.However, the device refuses to play songs in order – this has yet to be remedied in my research, and is off-topic, so I’ll shush.The relevant issue is that I noticed my battery life degrading gradually. When I bought it I was squeezing 12 hours of of the little bugger, but it was down to 4 hours last week.Today the little guy refused to turn on, and in fact the “back” and “volume up” buttons would not depress, nor the “hold” and “menu.” Realizing that I had tossed the warranty a couple of weeks back, I figured no harm in disassembling it. Mine was a manual job, enacted before I located this lovely guide, but it went rather smoothly. So smoothly, in fact, that the guts jumped out of the cube’s housing.It turns out that this model, as mentioned above, has one of those bagged batteries instead of the coin-type the article’s writer found. And the thing had swollen (and burst), cramming the poor circuitboards and buttons together with crushing force.For those interested, the connector for the battery does not seem to allow detachment without destroying it, so snipping and re-soldering the wires attaching it would be best (one red/positive, one ground/black). The serial number (printed in a madcap mess of blurs) appears to be PR-622020 5J2001096 404ER0500.Honestly, it seems that locating the batteries for this device, going through the trouble of an attempted replacement and exposing yourself to all the lovely chemicals would be a matter of interest only to those who enjoy the journey, not the destination.I, for one, will be buying a similar device of different brand. $50USD goes a long way towards simple electronics like this. ;}

Kit on February 17, 2007 7:36 PM

Is anyone here familiar with the cube knockoff that just has mp3 on the face? See url for image. It is not by mobiblu or the other brand listed here Centon. After reading about the problems had w/ the Centon cube I’m curious if the mobiblu firmware would work with other cubes. Can anyone let me know?

emily on February 19, 2007 3:16 PM

I have a mobiblu cube mp3 but i have no idea how it works. I have the usb/charger but it doesnt seem to work. I plug it in and it works the screen turns on and says ready but then I take it out and it doesn’t work. It will not even turn on. I am wondering if you could help me or if there is like a certain way that I can turn it on. Thanks and please message me back asap

Levi on March 10, 2007 4:58 PM

emily, i have the exact same problem as you. If/when i fix it, ill post again

gary on March 24, 2007 1:05 PM

i have a mobiblu 1500s 1gb and my friend actually erased everything on it i went to the site to try to repair the setting or firmware but could not . If that is what i even have to do. I really need help otherwise i have a cube as a nice paper weight which i do not want

dhudson on June 7, 2007 12:58 PM

Hello all.I’m an early adopter – got my *red* 1500i in September of 05 from WalMart website.Regarding some of the issues I’ve had and corrected…Stuck at boot screen: Tried the paperclip thing, no luck. PC would still communicate with the cube. Per Mobiblu tech support (yes, they really will respond to you if you’re persistent), re-installed firmware 100.100.105. Fixed.Dead cube: PC would still communicate with the cube, but the second I unplugged the USB cable, it would die. Again, worked with Mobiblu tech support. Formatted the cube through XP – just like formatting a floppy disk or a hard drive. Re-installed firmware 100.100.105. Fixed.I’ve heard bad things about the 100.100.121/122 firmware. I’m avoiding it. Yes, it would be nice if the cubage would actually use ID3, but that’s why I have 3 IPODs.Speaking of IPODs, this is where the cube is different. IPODs simply uses the ID3 tags to build the music database. The actual embedded song info is decoupled after transfer. Its still there…. just not used, nor is the song title (re-written in the filesystem).The Mobiblu, on the otherhand, is standard filesystem. I use Artist for the folder, and generate the filename from my ID3 tags. Personally, I find this is faster to traverse than the IPOD.My battery is still doing its thing. When it comes time to replace, you can find the needed batteries (cheap!) from vendors at the Akihabara market, or the SEG Electronics Market in Shenzhen. Easy peasy – even from Texas.Feel free to contact me, dhudson at arn.net

Alex on July 27, 2007 3:04 AM

Why my mobiblu dont wont to start after pushing reset button???

Sici on November 13, 2007 2:25 PM

Hey,My boyfriend just bought me one of the little cubes but before I could download the software to my computer he accidently sat on the cd and it cracked and won’t work. Is there any other way I can get the software without having to buy another software CD? Like a wedsite or something?

StevenC on November 28, 2007 5:41 PM

To Sici, it’s all in korean but you may use google translator. hope it helps. http://www.mobiblu.com/morgue/driver.html

kilgore on December 1, 2007 10:39 PM

I had the same problem as Jamie (2/11/2007). My cube was not responding to button pushes and the buttons were “feeling” right. So I disassembled and found a swollen battery. Thankfully not busted. The first series of numbers is the same. I was able to remove the connector. I will now be on a quest for a replacement.I haven’t heard anyone else complain, but I have serious screen burnin from the cube being plugged into the computer for hours on end. This really makes the display completely crappy.

StevenC on February 12, 2008 4:47 PM

Anyone knows where I can buy battery replacement for Boxon?The original one is about 25x15x03 mm 320mAh 3.7v.I could not find such small battery on the web :(

StevenC on February 12, 2008 4:52 PM

Anyone knows where I can buy battery replacement for Boxon?The original one is about 25x15x03 mm 320mAh 3.7V.I could not find such small battery on the web :(

Early Adopter on February 19, 2008 7:55 PM

Mobi-blu lied. Since 2 years ago, NO BATTERY REPLACEMENT OFFERED for foilpack battery.Batteries Plus doesn’t know their input from their output. Clueless even when given the original battery and specs.We’re on our own guys, find it, verify it, post it!

Pedro on March 27, 2008 2:11 PM

Does anyone know which 3rd-part AC charger should we use for a DAH-1500i? There are chargers with output of 300 mA, 500 mA and 1000 mA, for less then 10 bucks, but I am clueless about the right one. The original AC charger is not provided anymore in Walmart or Mobiblu website. I saw these chargers at this site: http://www.emtcompany.com/products/adapters/usbac-ac-to-usb-power-adapter.htm?gclid=CKCl0rXurZICFRE0FQod-32ERgAny suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Bullett on April 12, 2008 1:39 PM

I wish I had found this page and the page at http://www.guillermito2.net/code/cube/index.html a few years ago when I first got my DAH-1500. The older cubes shipped with firmware 100.100.105, and the .122 firmware comes with an installer that can’t upgrade .105 version firmware. I bricked a cube (replaced under warranty) and never did upgrade the replacement, using it happily for awhile until things changed and I quit using MP3 players altogether. And along the way after all those years I’ve lost the original CD. Now I’d like to use it again and tried the firmware upgrade… messed around enough I’ve bricked it. It sounds like (now that others have been down this road) that the cube is recoverable if I had the original CD, which I’ve lost. Has anyone found a downloadable copy of the original .105 CD? Does anyone have one they can post?

Andrei on May 1, 2008 7:06 AM

Пришлите пожалуста Firmware Download

Richard Jackson on September 5, 2008 6:34 PM

One word of Caution to those like me just wanting to take the cube apart. Mine (the centon brand)the display ribon is permently attached to the boards unlike the version shown. Do not Pull very hard on it or it will dislocate the ribon from the display making it ir-repairable. Infact you don’t have to pull hard at all, I thought one of the buttons was holding me back but it was the display. Make sure you take the back off and let the circut boards go out the front with the display. I have taken thousands of things apart and was very carfuel and was supprised how easy my ribbon came undone. Now I need to buy another one. The bad thing about this is my battery was still good. I just take stuff apart to learn about it. I guess I should just stay at fixing old tv’s. I hope this saves someone. Good luck

jam-boni on January 17, 2009 4:55 PM

After finding this article, I opened up my 1GB DAH-1500i & checked the battery. It has the foil pack. Did anyone ever find them? Shouldn’t this thing work like a thumb drive even thoguh the battery’s dead?

ihorko on March 22, 2009 5:42 PM

Step by step repairing after firmware update filed.http://mympxplayer.org/sigmatel-recovery-guide-updated-vt8150.html

eric ramirez on October 14, 2009 12:50 AM

I found a battery that will fit.I just repaired my mobiblu DAH-1500i. The battery can be bought from batteryspace.com.I must warn you that you need soldering skills in order to install the new one. DON’T throw away the old battery. The old battery contains a circuit board inside that you must use with the new battery. Becareful openning the old battery as you will have chemicals leaking out of it. I strongly suggest that you are experienced at soldering and reworking. The supplier part number is PL-052025-2C. it is a 3.7V with 170mAh. Very close to the original specs. The old battery circuit board is needed as it will protect the new battery from overcharging. The cost of the battery was $3.90. You will also need the driver cd that came with your cube. Once you remove the old battery the chip inside looses all information and won’t start up unless you reformat the cube and install the drivers. All of this is done with the CD that came with the cube. The new drivers that are offered by the makers of the cube are newer and may not work with an older model cube. Good luck!!

eric ramirez on October 14, 2009 12:56 AM

I forgot to mention in my previous post that if you have any ?’s please e-mail me at eramirez.1@netzero.com.Also, if you take apart your cube and try installing the battery I mention above you are doing it at your own risk.Thanks

Vijay Shankar Shinde on February 11, 2010 10:13 PM

what about Sony NWE005F BATTERY it having flat battery with small 2pin connector battery part no 1-756-663-11 401833 Li-Polymer battery made in chinado have any idea where can i get this battery???i am in India mumbai city