MobiBLU Updates the Cube to 2GB

mobiblu 2gb MobiBLU Updates the Cube to 2GBMobiblu will start selling the DAH-1500i in a few weeks in a 2GB capacity adding a third size to the line up. All colors will come in 512MB, 1GB, and 2GB selling for $100, $130, and $160 respectively. In the past MobiBLU had an exclusive deal with Wal-Mart to be sold on their website. However the deal is up and the Cube will be selling at many other retailers in addition to Wal-Mart’s online store.

If you missed it we did a review here when the DAH-1500i first came out.

[ABC News]

WesFX on February 9, 2006 6:50 PM

I’m a little heart broken to hear that there’s a higher capacity available after I bought my 1 Gig version only a month ago (about the time I found out about the Cube), but it’s nice to have the higher capacity available for people that think 1 Gig is too little for their music needs, and at only $30 more than the 1GB, I might end up buying another one (the 2GB) when my current one’s battery fizzles out for good.I’m starting to think that this thing might really catch on with people looking for an MP3 player.

babbitblob on February 9, 2006 7:38 PM

I got the 1GB as a birthday present. It was great, and I took pretty damn good care of it. The headphones went out, but that was okay, as I planned to get new ones anyway. Then one day I tried to pull the charger+plug out of the mobiblu, and it was a little stubborn. So I tried again, and this time, it came out, but… without the tip of the plug. The tip was stuck inside the player. Noone had tools small enough to remove it, so I sent it to Mobiblu for repair. After a bit of trouble with customer service, I got it into them, and it came back 3-4 weeks later. The mobiblu was replaced. So there was no piece in there. The problem? The mobiblu seemed to be someone else’s, it had scratches I had never seen, and was missing the small scratch in the labeling on the back. I think they take in broken players, takes time to repair them, and in the meantime they send the person another repaired player. Additionally, The charger was not replaced or repaired, the same with the headphones. Both were specified in included note and related email, and covered by warrenty. So now I had a charger/file transfer cable that could only charge, as it seemed the tip of the cable was what was needed to transfer the files. Still possible to work with it though. I sent an email complaining, and in the mean time I borrowed a friend’s Mobiblu cable, so I could use the player. I had gotten new headphones in the mean time, so that wasn’t too bad. Then a few days ago, I was listening to the music, paused it for a second to talk to someone, and when I tried to get it to play again, it would not. The screen moved jerkily, no sound came out, it reset every time I attempted to access the settings, and eventually it froze up, the setting menu stuck on there, which couldnt be removed without resetting the damned thing. Even after resetting the same problem occurred again. I’ve given up on the damned thing. I now have an overused, defective mobiblu with dings in random places that wont play, defective headphones, a transfer cable that only chages, and customer service that hasnt responded since my first email.Fuck this.If you by chance get a working one, it is good though

WesFX on February 9, 2006 9:29 PM

Check the FAQs on MobiBLU’s website:http://www.mobibluamerica.com/faq_dah1500i.htmlThese are actually really helpful, and can probably help you with your Cube.

WesFX on February 12, 2006 12:42 AM

Hey, EnzoTen, I’m sure you have a way of emailing people that post on your site. So could you email babbitblob about fixing his cube? (based on the info from their website, I mean)Specifically (not exactly from the website, but it’s more helpful):Q. Why is my DAH-1500i NOT TURNING ON?First load the MP3 Update program from the included disc.Go to START -> ALL PROGRAMS -> MP3 Update -> Update.Connect the DAH-1500i USB Cable to the Computer.Hold “PLAY” Button first and then press “RST” Reset Button for 3-5 seconds at the same time.Computer will recognize the MP3 Player.Click “START” to begin Updating the Firmware.After the firmware update, Turn on the MP3 Player and Start to listen to your favorite music.I’d really appreciate it, and I’m sure he (or she) would too.

Legendofxix on February 13, 2006 8:37 PM

It seems that their universal solution for everything is update the firmware. That doesn’t really help if say your updated your firmware and it immediately screws up.Anyone else with opinions on this? I was planning on picking up a 2GB model when its release. Just gotta find that release date.

Audi on April 25, 2006 8:49 PM

about how many songs will the 2gb cube hold? and is the cube better than ipod? i already love the size of the cube so thats a big seller for me.

Lanieme Beck on July 7, 2006 9:00 PM

yes how many songs will the 2gb hold?And how many does the 1gb hold in the first place.

Billy bob on August 8, 2006 11:19 PM

I love this thing. Ive had it for a week and so far the sound quality and compactness are impressive. People look at it and wonder what it is…but cuteness aside. Its menus take a first pass or two to get used to, and after that its no issue. what i like is I can plug this thing into my stereo system using a 3.5 mm jack to the auxiliary function– its versatile, and has 2G of space. put it on shuffle, and youre’ done for the night. no fussing with changing the CD. so far, its performed well. If your’e considering the mp3 player– its good bang for the buck. I think the other people may expect too much for paying 120 bucks. This is worth every penny. If anything changes, I will update this post. cheers.

hdqye vbfeigoly on December 29, 2006 12:14 AM

dinwxah ljio tcef yokurs devq ksywp bcutlz

tabi on January 10, 2007 10:02 PM

i sort of need a new charger. i cant find mine and i really wanted to listen to my mobiblu..=[. I went to the mobibluamerica site, and the charger i wanted was sold out. even more upseting.

nasrin on February 4, 2007 3:40 PM

hi I am very upset and sad. my Mobiblu repeatedly resets or hangs and stops working.I have taken it so much times to engineer….what can I do ? please help me what does it need ? why do I have this problem always???thank you for consideration

Tiki Mon on February 23, 2007 5:50 PM

I got a 1GB cube that I loved at first. You can’t beat the size, and it sounds beautiful.However, it started freaking out on me. I couldn’t update the firmware, so they advised me to send it back. Suspicious of getting someone else’s repaired (ergo, BROKEN) unit, I didn’t. After much effort, I got the updater to recognize it and all was well.HOWEVER… Today I plug the cable into a tablet PC and it almost fried my PC! It buzzed and crackled and the screen dimmed, scared the pee out of me (almost). I suspect now that a faulty cable has been my problem all along. File corruption from faulty download will fry the firmware from what I’ve heard.Very mixed opinion now…

sepgundamrg on May 3, 2007 2:31 AM

I have had mine since may of last year. It has been broken for a few months. I have emailed customer support numerous times and have received no replies. My cube goes to the good bye screen as soon as you unplug it and stays there until the battery dies. How can I fix this, I have formated it, updated it, everything I can think of.

isabel on November 28, 2007 4:46 PM

i have one and it was great for about 2 weeks.i dont know what happened but when i wanted to play my music it frozed. and i have no idea why! it plays the radio and everything but when i wanna listen to the music i put it in, it just freezes there nd i have to reset it. do you know what the problem is ?