MPIO SOLID Formerly the HD400

mpio solid MPIO SOLID Formerly the HD400

The MPIO HD400 now called the SOLID appeared months ago, but now is closer to being released. The 8GB audio/video player will cover all of your major codecs and be compatible with Janus DRM. Like the other MPIO players this one will have drag and drop support for all the major OSes supporting UMS. Hopefully MPIO will use the same Wolfson audio processor they did in the MPIO ONE MP3 player. It sounded great in the ONE, so it would be wounderful they followed suite with the SOLID. You can probably look for this player in the US within the next few months.

[MPIO via AVing]

Fatty poo fag on March 2, 2006 11:46 PM

Is this the one taht is going to be coming out in a 20 and 40 gb? if so when is taht due and what are the prices?

Mikael on March 3, 2006 6:12 PM

don’t you just love rebranding.

Yeshai on March 6, 2006 12:14 AM

To Mikael, What do you mean by rebranding????Do you want to tell us somthing we don’t know?

Don on March 6, 2006 3:27 AM

Wow, I just saw another player that has a strikingly similar design:

Weird….

Yeshai on March 6, 2006 10:58 AM

Hey Don.That player is a copy of the HD400

yanster on March 18, 2006 12:16 AM

so? will there be 20gb and 40gb? size is really important to me on mp3 players

missy on April 12, 2006 2:09 AM

I believe this is releasing in canada tomorrow! I’d love some reviews on it before I purchase though.

jilllian on April 21, 2006 8:33 AM

WOW! You people are retarded.

yo on May 12, 2006 3:03 PM

the similar design is just a mix of the ipod nano and the mpio hd400 its called Tpod.

yoman on August 1, 2006 1:03 AM

230 CND,,, not too bad i guess,, i got one just today,, seems to be ok,, i use it with my car stereo ,,, sounds just like my dead ipod video … we’ll see how good it really is

I wish HD400 was good on August 6, 2006 7:14 PM

Just bought it today. Don’t buy this. Here’s why.Music plays out of order. I even named each track with a number in front so it would play in alphabetical order, but no luck. Menu system is crap for playing mp3′s as the settings reset each time you switch playlists.Haven’t tried it for video, but the only good thing I found is that it works on both MAC and PC and it doubles as a storage device, it plays video (although I haven’t tested it yet), and it looks cool.I was hoping this was an ipod killer, but no such luck, which is a shame.Why doesn’t the people who make products test them out before they send it out?If you don’t care that your songs not only play out of order, but play from different playlists, then buy this. And before I get the comment, I already changed the play mode to normal and I still had the same problem.I may keep this for playng video files and will let you know how well it did.Hope this helps people. Does anyone know of a good mp3 player that plays video besides any ipod products? If you do, please post.

e on August 6, 2006 7:31 PM

Zen Vision:M is the best when it comes to video

Joe Blow on August 6, 2006 8:14 PM

Actually, I made a mistake.DO NOT copy your mp3′s to your MPIO from a DVD as that is what screwed it up. If you have all of your mp3′s on a cd/dvd like me, copy it first to your hard drive then copy it from your hard rive to your MPIO and it should be fine. Just remember to number your tracks or it will play out of order.Also, it still does have a bad menu system for playing mp3′s as you have to push a button to switch to your playlist, then push menu on your player to go to all of your playlists. For me my playlists are NOT alphabetically in order, which makes finding stuff a pain.So in conclusion, it’s not as bad as I said before, but they could work on their menu system for playing mp3′s as the other menus for the player are fine.Thanks e, I’ll look into the Zen Vision M.

Mike on May 20, 2007 11:01 PM

when i add music my mpio does not keep them in alphabetical order but just adds them to the end of my list. how do i fix that?