MobiBLU Cube 2 – Smoother and More Colorful

mobiblu cube2 main MobiBLU Cube 2   Smoother and More Colorful

MobiBLU went back to the lab to improve upon their last geometric creation, this time it is in color. The size still remains the same 28mm cubed, but they have improved upon the design by rounding the corners and recessing the lanyard hook to give it a sleeker look and feel.

Judging by the first Cube product line, expect to see capacities of up to 2GB. Price and release date are unknown at this time.

mobiblu cube 2 1 MobiBLU Cube 2   Smoother and More Colorful
mobiblu cube 2 MobiBLU Cube 2   Smoother and More Colorful

[popco via dapreview]

Plan303e on April 20, 2006 1:53 AM

Interesting, but sadly, I just purchased a 2GB DAH-1500i from Wal-Mart and I’m waiting for it to come in.While I certainly like color displays and the improved button layout (as they appear to be more independant and less prone to mistakes in pressing), I prefer how the single-color OLED blends in with the rest of the screen.I would only consider buying this, after having already used and owned the first Cube, if it has significant improvements in features like OGG support (a dream) and performance such as battery life and capacity. I wouldn’t want to fall into the habit that iPod diehards follow of buying every new player that comes out. After all, since it is a necklace player, I’m not really going to look at it a lot (but onlookers will). Besides, with the way the color display looks simply reinforces my monochromatic preference.However, its sleeker look certainly adds more appeal to the cube design. I hope it comes with much more than eye-candy renovation.

Cameron Deyhle on April 20, 2006 10:16 AM

I am so excited that this player is taking off like it is. And not to see that they are making improvements on an already wonderful thing. This is good news. I have the 1gig DAH-1500i and have been enjoying it since december. I would still consider it the best band for yer buck champ.

Ian on April 20, 2006 11:28 PM

I bought my cube in january and it has become like my keys and wallet, it is ALWAYS with me. i am more excited to see support for more formats than anything else. The color screen and more refined look are a nice step foreward, but it’s going to have to make a pretty spectacular leap for me to cough up $150+ to replace my already perfect(almost)1g DAH-1500i.

WesFX on May 2, 2006 8:19 PM

Oh, snap. I leave this place for three weeks and MobiBlu sneaks all this by me. I could almost cry, but out of happyness. When I heard about the Cube 2, in later articles, I was sure it was referring to the 2 Gig version of the DAH-1500i, but then I see this, the state-side speaker, and FM transmiter and I…just….*gasm*I need to, uh, go check on a cake…that’s in an oven….

Mike D. on May 7, 2006 9:40 AM

Does the mobiblue have a menu screen like the ipod has?

unknown on May 15, 2006 7:03 PM

where can u buy this in canada?

Jon on June 27, 2006 9:52 AM

Anyone know more about the release date of this?

Steven Ferdin on June 28, 2006 6:54 PM

I bought the dah-I but it broke on me :( you think thell replace it with one of these? I doubt it. I want to get one anyway

ddog on October 11, 2006 3:12 AM

Well they goofed again. They got the screen upside down. At least for those who wear these things around their neck, like I do. Oh well, I’ve sort of gotten used to reading my DAH-1550i screen upside down. But seriously, don’t they ever try using what they make??

Elmar on December 3, 2006 4:52 AM

I live in Holland, in Europ. How can i buy 1? All the sites don’t ship to holland :(

what on December 5, 2006 12:52 AM

Dang, didn’t know that Holland was in Europe. :)

Andrew on December 21, 2006 4:40 AM

For Elmar: If you want – I can sell my Cube 1 (black,2GB) for about 80-90Euro :)

Andrew on December 21, 2006 4:41 AM

Any questions please to ondra.hrones@seznam.cz

Geoffrey Dooley on December 28, 2006 5:36 AM

Correction: Virtua Fighter Limited Time PS3 Exclusive..

Aaron on January 5, 2007 8:49 AM

You can actually flip the screen 180 degrees, which fixes any problems with wearing it on your neck!

Carley on January 29, 2007 11:01 PM

Hey, I owned the original cube and now the cube 2. What an improvment! I really do like this one better. One question, though. How do you get videos on the cube?

jorge on April 24, 2007 8:09 PM

estos ipods del mobiblu realmente son lo mejor en mini reproductores mp3 ya que cuentan con una alta capacidad en audio y eso es lo que los hace mejores aparte de su presentacion. mobiblu is the best ipod in all world. l love his company

jorge on April 24, 2007 8:12 PM

l m sorry but l thought that the commentary was in spanish, becouse l am mexican.

RainMan002 on July 31, 2007 4:39 PM

2 gb just isn’t enough for me : (( If it had 4 gb I’d buy it in a blink.

George Gryak on August 23, 2007 9:02 AM

I have the cube 2, how do you attach the cord in the recessed loop to wear around your neck? It is so far down in that it is unreachable on mine. Should I send it back to New Egg.Com?

Remedy on October 25, 2008 5:48 AM

HELPPPPPP My boyfriend (now husband ???) had 3 of the original cubes. One was stolen by a “SO CALLED” friend. One was dropped in toilet by an “X WIFE” and one was loaned to daughter (since her mom (the X) pooped up last one).ANYWHO daughter pulled the plug (unplugged without “safely removeing hardware” first) and crashed my computer (which was running Windows 2000)All you get is a blue screen when you boot up windows.My husband gave me his used HP desktop for Christmas(guilt ridden)but now wants it back (after i aquired 1500 songs)SO I must now try to get my Windows 2000 Gateway fixed because of selfish poopy people.I just want a computer that works that IS MINE. I have an MP3 player that I love but it is useless w/o a computer.(He also gave me a laptop which is what I’m on now but he will soon take it also.) He only gives gifts when he feels guilty then takes them back.I just want MINE TO WORK……..HEEEE LLLLL PPPPP