Pioneer DEH-P810 – In-dash A2DP Bluetooth

pioneer deh p810 Pioneer DEH P810   In dash A2DP Bluetooth

Forget the clumsy cassette adapters and poor sounding FM modulators; wirelessly transmit your music in style to you Pioneer Carrozzeria head unit with your Bluetooth enabled MP3 player. Well, Bluetooth MP3 players are few and far between for now, but more are in the works. The Pioneer DEH-P810 Carrozzeria will start selling in Japan at the end of this month for around 73,500 yen or around $660 USD.

[Press Release via Akihabara]

pioneer deh p810 1 Pioneer DEH P810   In dash A2DP Bluetooth

Pepe on May 9, 2006 3:28 PM

How about making a head unit with a line-in connection ?Sure, bluetooth sounds fancy, but there are simple solutions to the cassette adapters and FM modulators to get good sound quality for ALL mp3 players.

johnboy on May 9, 2006 10:03 PM

Now what we really need is a mechanism whereby Bluetooth can be used to control the MP3 player. The hot ticket would be the ability to load firmware to the head unit with the target MP3 player’s command codes, and the player either having native Bluetooth or an adapter to enable it.

Brian on May 10, 2006 9:20 AM

I agree with Pepe, I can’t believe there aren’t more stock and aftermarket head units with line-in ports. I had one on a cheap Pioneer CD player unit that I bought in 1992 and I used to plug my Sony Discman into it and I’ve hardly seen any since. I think the newer Volkswagons have it on their optional stereo, but you would think this would be far more common.

Tim on June 16, 2006 4:11 PM

If this Pioneer unit supports their IP bus, you can get an aux line in adapter for that bus.

ronaldo BRASIL on July 15, 2006 2:32 PM

o Brasil é fodarumo ao hexa em 2010

nic on August 23, 2006 7:36 AM

“Now what we really need is a mechanism whereby Bluetooth can be used to control the MP3 player.”Its called AVRCP and this head unit supports it.”I can’t believe there aren’t more stock and aftermarket head units with line-in ports”Most aftermarket headunits do have line in, you can get a plug from ebay that converts the different cd changer plugs pioneer, JVC and Alpine use to a standard line in. Some headunits are even coming out with 3.5 jacks on the face.

Holvy on August 29, 2006 2:27 PM

Finally, a car stereo that can handle Bluetooth! The less cords the better! Who wants more cables to clutter up your console with an Aux-in?!?

Carlos on September 25, 2006 12:00 AM

I have just purchased a new Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT bluetooth head unit.I can pair my Motorola V3 and make and recieve calls but can’t transfer my phone book.I have followed the instructions to the letter and each time I try the phone disconnects itself.Any ideas?

John on October 17, 2006 10:53 PM

Carlos,If your Motorola is with VZW you maybe out of luck. OK when you get to transfer phonebook click YES. Your phone and HU should disconnet and the HU screen should look something like this. ___/____ The HU has to disable the handsfree. Then you need to locate the send option in your phone. Hopefully you can then select bluetooth. Give this a few seconds and it shoud start downloading your phonebook. Looks something like this _001/0500. I think 1 is the first entry and 500 is the total possible entrys. Some people say they can only download one entry at a time. Hope this doesn’t happen to you. I’ve been lucky.I’m with cingular and use the Sony Ericsson Z525a. Every feature works with this phone and the HU DEH-P980BT. The phone doesn’t work well as a phone so I can’t recommend it. I know you have a Motorola V3 but who is your carrier? I need to get another phone that works with the HU and works as a phone.

Robert Piar on January 22, 2007 11:23 PM

MOTOROLA RAZR V3 MAXX or V3xx will fix all of your concerns with the Pioneer DEH-P810. This will be the ultimate set for the road. Use your computer to load your phone with your mp3s and then use your phone in your car with the Pioneer head-unit and enjoy the A2DP feature you never could!With a bluetooth adapter for USB 2.0 you will never have to take you SD memory card out of the RAZR once you buy and install it. Grab a set of high quality BT2 headphones (Moto’s new S9s) and you should be set!Throw away your ipods for good!

TexansFan25 on February 12, 2007 12:06 PM

ok guys, research your car audio more,many headunits have “aux in” or “line in” capibilities,all sony’s do if they have cd changer capibilities it’s the same interface on teh rear of the deck, simple rca inputs that you can buy an adapter for $5 from radio shack or make one.several alipnes have onemost panisonic has themstop wishing for items to come out and research to find the items that are out.

Phil Smith on April 27, 2007 11:02 PM

Thanks John,I just bought a DEH P790BT and I could not for the life of me get the Phone Book to work, your explaination allowed me to work it out. I have to transfer 1 by 1 but I can pick the main ones I need.ThanksPhil

Drew on June 4, 2007 4:19 AM

I have found 2 product names/models that are a bluetooth cassette adapter, but can’t find any for sale. I think this would be great on my Goldwing as the stereo is an all weather type and I don’t think putting in an alpine system would be wise.

Greg on July 16, 2007 10:25 PM

I have just purchased the deh-p790bt. After transferring a few phone book entries, I notice that when I receive a call the name of the person calling is not displayed. The manual says the this may happen “with some phones”…does anyone know which phones will allow the name to be displayed? Thanks, Greg