Altec Lansing iM510 “Made for Sansa” Speaker Dock

altec lansing im510 Altec Lansing iM510 “Made for Sansa” Speaker Dock

All of you Sansa fans are in for more accessories, this time from a third party, Altec Lansing. At this time we don’t have any of the specs or retail pricing, but we do know that it will be compatible with the e200 and c200 series MP3 players. Additionally there will be an optional subwoofer that will plug into the back and give you a little more movin’ and shakin’.

From personal experience, Altec Lansing makes a decent set of speakers. I have a few of their under $50 2.1 setups. While their gear may not be audiophile quality they are very impressive for an inexpensive speaker. Now both the SanDisk Sansa e200 and Altec Lansing speakers have been paired up to give you the ultimate bang-for-the-buck factor.

[Altec Lansing - Made for Sansa]

Jenn on September 2, 2006 7:08 PM

I agree that Altec makes good speakers. I have the iM3c system and when using the A/V out and a ZVM docking station, the sound is really impressive. Not much bass, of course, but still quite loud and crisp. Sound through the headphone jack pales in comparison. I thought it was good until I plugged in via the A/V input.So much exciting news for Sansa today!

Utew on September 3, 2006 12:14 AM

Nice looking kit… the Sansa e2xx series is almost..there.. Just a bit of modification to the wheel.. and better video support (codecs) and the Sansa train will keep on rolling. Nice to see SanDisk with some accessories.. They just about have me…. =)

Laura on September 3, 2006 3:17 PM

Someone knows if maybe it can charge up the Sansa? Or are just speakers¿

V on September 8, 2006 9:39 AM

Rumor is that is will dock, sync and charge.

adam on September 8, 2006 12:47 PM

i think i’m gonna have to get this! i hope they keep popping out accessories, i need a holder that plugs into the cigarette lighter in my car.

Carrie on September 25, 2006 4:55 PM

Griffin makes a Sansa compatible car charger.

neil on October 23, 2006 6:53 PM

Yeah it does dock, sync and charge, and cnet seemed to like it. However, since it doesn’t seem to be available in the UK…I prob wouldn’t be able to afford it anyway, and it is rather bigger than I would like, and I would want a remote control, so I’m not gonna bother over this one, but I’m keeping an eye on the Altec Lansing line-up