iRiver S10 Details

iriver s10 iRiver S10 Details

Take a quick look and you could easily mistake this sweet little player for a slimmed down version of the iRiver clix. But in fact, it’s the brand new iRiver S10, the latest addition to the company’s line of devices utilizing the D-Click interface. The featherweight S10 tips the scales at 0.61 ounces and measures just 1.65″ x 1.18″ x 0.43″, so the 8-hour battery life is disappointing but not too unexpected. Supported file types include MP3, ASF, Ogg Vorbis, and WMA audio; there’s also an FM radio and recorder.

The measly support of only BMP images and tiny 1.15″ OLED display are both clear indications that the player won’t be venturing out of its “DAP with no video” category, but who cares? This thing is tiny! (Check out the picture after the jump for proof)

Beginning September 18, the lucky folks in South Korea can snag the 1GB and 2GB players for about $140 and $175, respectively.

[iMP3]

iriver s10 necklace iRiver S10 Details

nifelseki on September 13, 2006 6:40 AM

i thought i heard iriver stepping out of the dap market.. anyways, this looks promising though..

gig on September 13, 2006 2:33 PM

The big letdown is that its supposed battery life is only 8-hours long, which means it’ll be even shorter with everyday use. Also, the design would’ve been a lot nicer if the connector thing (I figure no other way to say it) weren’t placed off-centre.It does look like a nice player overall, but it really could’ve been better :/

sannet on September 13, 2006 8:46 PM

I would love this if it only had more battery atlease match the shuffle. I dont really like how the new shuffle looks. It looks so boring to me.

Utew on September 14, 2006 3:19 AM

oooohhhhh.. shiney…..pretty…..

timmoi on September 14, 2006 11:09 PM

sannet,Of course it will never match the shuffle for battery life, screens suck the life out of a battery. Especially one as small as this one… It’s not rocket science, at the end of the day you have a screen with lesser battery life or a completely useless, non intuitiver player with long battery life.Whatatay,Iriver do make players that run on standard batteries, check out the T series by iriver for models that do it well. I think I remember the stats being well above either the shuffle, S10 or clix. May be worth checking out

Michael2k on September 15, 2006 1:17 AM

Whatatay, it sounds like you’re out of touch with what the public wants. The public wants small MP3 players; the nano is smaller than 5 AA batteries and has a 24 hour run time, much longer than your proposed 15 hour battery. The proof is in the pudding, over 70m iPods sold.It’s more likely that the public is technologically incompetent and lazy and the MP3 player makers are perfectly in touch with what the public wants.

Skobbolop on September 15, 2006 6:56 AM

I really like the design of this one…. but only 8 hours of battery life?where’s the 4 gb player, with the design of the S10 or the clix, and with 20 hours of batterylife? (or more)

Snazz12 on October 25, 2006 2:56 PM

Ipods suck. They sell so many cause ppl dont know what they r talkin about and just buy what their m8 has. Itunes also sucks. I think the 8hrs is ok for battery life but thats just cause ill use this for goin to the gym (I have a HDD mp3 player for proper use) so the 8hrs will do me fine.

vicky on October 27, 2006 3:21 PM

I don’t expect the new s10 to hit the states but you may pick up from importers like Warehouse123.com. A 1GB version costs $129.00 which really isn’t that bad.

sky on December 3, 2006 1:01 AM

well, there is such player from iriver now… the iRiver Clix with 4 gb and over 20 hrs of battery… that’s includes everything that everyone had been looking up and been complaining about S10… so go for a clix.

matt on December 26, 2006 8:28 PM

i got the 1BG s10 for christmas — i got it imported from korea and it is the nicest mp3 player i have ever had. it’s a very good alternative for everyone who doesn’t want to get sucked into the ipod marketing scam (the batter only lasts 18 months and costs more to replace it than buy a new one) and the iriver is actually more fun to use than an ipod. While you’re listening to a song a little music note jumps around to the music and the D-Click system (you click on the edges of the screen) is so much nicer than the scroller on the ipods — it’s amazing more people dont have irivers… besides… all ipods look the same, at least iriver is more creative to come up with new and more cutting edge designs

Nobody on December 28, 2006 10:28 AM

My sis has one of these, and the fact that the battery only lasts for 8 hours is rubbish. Her iRiver has lasted for 2 days without being charged, so there you go…

DN on February 16, 2007 2:02 PM

I just got the S10, and I’m having some problems with it. I love this thing, but I would love it more, if I can get it to work.I don’t know if it has anything to do with my home pc, it’s not detecting the S10 when it’s attached. Thus, it’s not allowing me to upload any songs or pics to my S10.Also, it was frozen a few times while it was plugged in the computer. Is anything wrong with my S10? I’m going to try to input stuff to my S10, maybe it’s something wrong with my pc at home. I don’t know.Has anyone encountered these problems before? I would really appreciate it if anyone can help. Thanks so much.

mose1992 on March 12, 2007 1:11 PM

I would first try it at another pc… and then (if that dont work) write to iriver… and theres probaly some guarentie… sorry for the bad english im from DKmose1992 :)

s10_lover on May 16, 2007 3:19 AM

DN you must install the drivers first otherwise windows will not detect the device if you did not install the software first then windows will never recognise it, try using the sp2 fx on the iriver website

jason on June 7, 2007 6:06 PM

i love beans

Dianne on June 25, 2007 9:34 PM

Anyone finds iriver plus 3 takes long to open? Great player nevertheless. FM player could be better though.

ansar on May 27, 2008 7:28 AM

I have bought iRiver – S10 model recently.it was working properly earlier. Now unable to charge this in any PC via USB. same condition even after resettin. Moreover not detected by any PC. If anybody knows solution please write.