Creative X-Fi Sound System Z600 for Zen Vision:M

creative X Fi Z600 Creative X Fi Sound System Z600 for Zen Vision:M

Where did this come from? We don’t know, but Creative’s gorgeous new X-Fi Sound System Z600 speaker system/docking station for the Zen Vision:M will already be available (in Singapore, anyway) on Friday. Priced at $400, the Z600 is the first sound system to use the company’s Xtreme Fidelity audio technology, which restores some of the quality lost during the compression process and therefore enhances and improves the sound of music.

The system comes with a compact subwoofer, two satellite speakers that can be mounted to a wall, and an infrared remote to control both the Vision:M and the speakers. The Z600 also includes AV-out jacks and supports any number of other gadgets via its auxiliary inputs.

[Press release]

Utew on November 20, 2006 11:15 PM

Simply Gorgeous. Kudos Creative on a great looking system…..

Paul on November 21, 2006 4:22 PM

I WANT IT!When is it gong to be released in US?

Timothy on November 21, 2006 11:45 PM

one of the best thing since the CREATIVE VISION M was built!!!!!!!! it’s so sexy!!!

Rob on November 22, 2006 6:17 AM

You know what this means don’t you!! The port on the bottom is being used via IR to control the ZVM (like the iPod). I’d love to see the specs of that!! I’m already developing an iPod converter for the ZVM to allow any iPod speaker accessory to work, but I’d now like to go the next step and allow for ZVM remote control!!! Show me the specs!!

Derrick on November 23, 2006 10:51 AM

That Z600 is one great looking accessory I’ll have to get for my Black Zen Vision: M

Ray on November 28, 2006 8:19 AM

Both the Z600 and the Z500 look great and apparently will be the long awaited fully integrated system everybody was expecting from Creative.Unfortunately Creative is again showing marketing and strategy planning weakness, as it is not even mentioned when this will be available in the US and Europe, and it would be a shame they don’t release this with enough time before Xmas shopping season ends.I have contacted Creative pre-sales support and they don’t seem to have an idea “when” or “if” this is going to be available in the US. This proves lack of coordination from Creative branches and headquarters in Singapore.I firmly believe the Creative Zen family players are the best in the biz, but Creative must start behaving like they are aware of this, and realize that they must improve their marketing skills, specially now that there are more competitors and even when I don’t like the Zune, anyone must admit that Microsoft is very good on Marketing.They better hurry with this launch and get advantage of the holiday shopping spree or the numbers won’t be there when they review their sales reports.

Prophecy on November 28, 2006 9:04 PM

DAMN!!!! When is it going to be available in Canada?

Sarah on December 7, 2006 10:36 AM

Yep, looks great. Shame you can’t get it in England. Can’t get the old Z-500 either it seems. Are Creative’s marketing department full of idiots? I can’t believe they are missing out on this opportunity to sell their products in the Christmas markets. It’s enough to make me want an ipod!

Ray on December 8, 2006 6:41 PM

Last minute information HOT HOT HOT!!The Zen Playdock Z500 is now available on the US (Creative web-site) under the name “Cambridge Soundworks” which is the subsidiary that developed it in the first place.They are still waiting on the Z600, not so sure if it is going to be available in the US anytime soon.Good luck

Mike on December 9, 2006 11:32 AM

Look for the Z600 in the US starting in January aafter CES

Ray on December 28, 2006 9:07 AM

Hope you’re right and the Z600 becomes available in January for the US market, howhever, below there’s a “quote” of the answer I received from CL when I inquired about this product. It’s the second time they have given me this type of answer.Who knows, maybe it is a weird “strategy” ???By the way, the Z500 has been available before Xmas.START QUOTE.-+++” Dear Ray,No. We are getting the Z500′s in January, but will not be getting theZ600′s. At this point, we do not expect to be getting the Z600′s inNorth America. We apologize for any inconvenience, please let us knowif you have any more questions or if we can be of any furtherassistance.If you still require assistance, please reply to this email with anyprevious correspondence to ensure the quickest and most accurateservice.Best Regards ,Andrew B. (15323)Direct SalesCreative Labs Americas “END OF QUOTE.-+++

gordon harkness on March 22, 2007 4:13 PM

what about n.ireland probally 2010

james on June 24, 2007 5:21 AM

Whenz it comin out in Australia,How Much and doz US or wateva place tis will it work in AustraliaPLEAZ Tel Me