IME Dock Standardizes Car Audio Integration

ime dock IME Dock Standardizes Car Audio Integration

Integrated Mobile Electronics is aiming to standardize integration of portable MP3 players in your car. The IME Dock seamlessly connects to your auto’s audio and video systems and will work with several different players by simply swapping out the dock and leaving everything else installed intact. At launch the dock will be compatible with the Zune, iPod, Creative Zen Vision:M, SanDisk Sansa e200, and the iRiver clix. The website also mentions that you will be able to control your player of choice “hands free.”

Seems like a great idea that will allow you to easily upgrade your MP3 player without having to reinstall and purchase completely new accessories. No word on pricing yet, but it should be soon. The IME Dock is currently being shown off at SEMA in Vegas.

[IME]

Phil Urich on November 1, 2006 9:20 PM

I’d be satisfied with RCA input jacks in vehicles . . . Honda has them pretty much standard nowadays. I mean, sure this dock could do more . . . but just having aux input? That’s profoundly useful with very, very little technical and engineering overhead. Hell, car manufacturers could have been doing that for decades now, but as far as I know it’s only recently that any of them have been doing it as standard.

Utew on November 2, 2006 1:15 PM

Very nice.. and so far this is one of the few docking adapters that has been built specifically for playback/charging for the car. This should make a lot of people happy.. including me.Remote control is a must as trying to operate my ZVM and drive at the same time is a near impossibility.

adam on November 6, 2006 8:45 PM

i don’t understand how does it hardwire into the car?

dd on December 27, 2006 2:58 PM

just propaganda, imo…have you seen their site?? not descriptive at all.

clint on February 18, 2007 11:13 AM

Since its now Feb, anything new developing on this?

Oscar on February 24, 2007 2:44 AM

Its the end of the month and nothing yet?

some guy on March 18, 2007 5:41 PM

its prob getting delayed due to situations with mass producing issue and stuff like that. hardwire = u have to get someone to do custom work to input it into the car’s stero such as best buy and circuit city. but once u get that done then it works like a champ. u have to drill a hole through ur dash but its worth it. just give it some time. it might come standard in some cars soon so u dont have to deal with this issue.

johnC on April 9, 2007 3:29 PM

Mmmm… Its April and no product… I think they are looking for $$$ and its not coming. It sounds cool and would make my life a dream but they havent updated their web site in a while. Mite also be one of those sounds too good to be true type of things. I am not holding my breath on this one… By the time they roll out – may be too late….

IK on May 16, 2007 9:26 AM

The IME site does not say how or with which head units the dock will be compatible. Surely it’s the head unit manufacturers that will ultimately decide if it supports the doc. Who cares that the ZUne is compatible with the doc if at the end of the day the head unit does not support the dock itself. It’s a great idea but their PR personal need to be sacked. Their news and events section of their website says it all (http://www.imedock.com/news.html) its completely blank….We won’t be able to buy this product anytime soon and quite possibly, never…

nvk on June 15, 2007 3:15 PM

Hey, to anyone keeping up on this forum, i just checked zunes website and it seems like it will be released august 20 2007. I have been keeping up with it since zune was released and am very interested. i hope its as sweet as what they say. heres zune release date link for the iMe

nvk on June 15, 2007 3:17 PM

it seems the link didnt go through. But just go to zune.net and search the iMe in the products… thats where i found it first anyway. Hope this helps those who are interested.

johnC on July 9, 2007 3:45 PM

you can subscribe to the IME newsletter now by going to ther website and go to the NEWS sections. So maybe there is hope yet!!!

Joe Diprisco on July 22, 2007 1:45 AM

Their advertising for this is completely ridiculous. Some people might think you can just stick the dock on and it all works. You’re going to have to cut into your dash and tear up the wiring. As if the $250.00 price tag isn’t enough you need to pay someone to do this, and you’re ruining your car at the same time. The way their site is set up it would seem to me they’re hoping to invent it some time before the release date; no information on it at all, and certainly no mention about having to permanently alter your vehicle’s wiring.

Huy Truong on August 15, 2007 2:55 AM

patience the ime is coming!!

doubters are imbeciles on August 15, 2007 3:05 AM

you will all cower in the face of JC…and so it was written

doubters are imbeciles on August 15, 2007 3:07 AM

but seriously, it is coming…

JohnC on September 10, 2007 3:22 PM

Look as tho it out!!! At least you can order on website – $249 plus 90 for the adapter for your mps player of choice.Bad news – Creative Zen is not part of the release. I sent an inquiry to see if there would be future support for the Zen. Will relay what I find out!

DR. IME on October 3, 2007 8:00 PM

Hello, I represent Integrated Mobile Electronics. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we are working to deliver the best portable media integration possible to your vehicles.The pricing for the system is $249.99 and will feature the dock of your choice. You will only need to purchase additional docks if you decide to change to a different player. For any questions and concerns please feel free to call us or email us support@imedock.com.We appreciate your interest, patience and support.-Dr.IME

grocerylist on January 20, 2008 1:50 PM

I’ve requested information on their website about the IME Dock supporting the Creative ZVM several times but have not received any communication back.

Sansa Lover on January 30, 2008 1:05 PM

I have been searching high and low for a Sansa integrator for my car. IME is the only lead that I have found, but their website appears to have been shut down.

youknow on June 20, 2009 12:45 AM

well I have an 08 scion tC and my car has a cable that connects to my ipod that charges and plays as well as displays directly onto my audio screen…probably a spark to this new device