Turbolinux Wizpy MP3 Player and Linux to Boot

turbolinux wizpy Turbolinux Wizpy MP3 Player and Linux to Boot

It’s not often when “This is a first” can be said with a straight face in the DAP world. But the upcoming 4GB Turbolinux Wizpy really is a first. It’s certainly not the 1.7-inch OLED display, FM radio, or DivX support that makes the device unique. And we barely blink an eye these days when another new player can play MP3, Ogg, WMA, and AAC formats. Yawn!

The stand-out feature of the Wizpy comes in the form of what’s preloaded on 1.5GB of the player’s internal flash memory . . . (wait for it) . . . Linux. Turbolinux FUJI, to be exact. And what good is bootable Linux without a sampling of what are arguably the best applications around? Yep, in addition to the plug-and-play OS, the Wizpy also comes preinstalled with Firefox, Thunderbird, and Skype. All this in a 3.3″ x 1.7″ x 0.5″ device that weighs a mere 2.1 ounces.

The Turbolinux Wizpy will sell for about $250 when it hits Japan in February.

[wizpy]

Mountains are hills on December 17, 2006 1:56 PM

Awsome about the linux! BUT, you don’t mention how many Gigs there are in the first place. If its only two gigs, then screw that. who wants 500 megs of music even if you get linux with it? I’ll start thinking about it when I know how many gigs there are.P.S. good review

xsdjnw epnsmbhul on December 27, 2006 5:45 PM

qxkai wvduy bflxcvrqa apzws xmsbipwuo tnswd dlaeoj

dino on March 9, 2007 7:23 AM

When will this product be available in Europe?

eyes open on June 3, 2007 1:51 AM

” BUT, you don’t mention how many Gigs there are in the first place”Try actually reading the piece, you fucking moron.

Ashish Ranade on September 28, 2007 6:40 AM

I bought mine last week only.the company has got excellent customer service. Also the store I bought from. http://www.crfmall.comsound quality is good. I get about 2 gb to use for music. Pretty low compared to the new ipods. But its does tons of other things that ipod can only dream of.Even build quality is excellent. Also I got 1 year replacement warranty.

Dan on December 4, 2007 2:59 PM

hey Ashish,Thanks for that link. I bought it from CRFmall too after your post. they are pretty legitimate and listed on the wizpy india website.they threw in free silicone cases and pouch.The unit is amazing and the sound quality is great. the battery lasts better than my creative zen micro.I did find hooking upto linux a bit difficult but as a music player its outstanding.I will certainly recommend the product.