Creative Zen Wav Features External Speaker

creative zen wav main Creative Zen Wav Features External Speaker

Creative will be adding a new Zen to their lineup called the Wav. This player is much like the Zen Neeon but features a joystick and two buttons on the face. The Wav will sport external speakers that will nicely accompany the world clock and alarm features. The front is graced by a 1.5” 65k color screen that will allow for photo and video playback. Additional features will include an FM radio, direct line-in recording, and voice recording.

Its uncertain whether or not it will come to the US, but the player is set to go on sale in Singapore for SG$179 ($120 USD) on May 25th. It may have a similar fate as the Zen Neeon, which never got widespread distribution in the US. Stay tuned for more details – photo below.

Update: Check out the product page for better photos are more details.

creative zen wav thumb Creative Zen Wav Features External Speaker

[Creative Forum]

JDGAFFLIN on May 18, 2007 2:37 PM

Sounds interesting. Being a Creative product, I wonder how good the speaker sound will be.

Taonas on May 18, 2007 4:12 PM

has creative ever thought about making a cool looking mp3 player?

kadajawi on May 18, 2007 5:07 PM

Hm, what about the Zen Stone? I think that looks great.

Atrax on May 18, 2007 9:04 PM

That one is ugly.

zvm4life on May 18, 2007 9:04 PM

does it come in anything else but 2gb…..?

Almoxil on May 18, 2007 11:18 PM

Although similar to the Zen Neeon, this new model doesn’t have the “classy” design the Neeon is known for. Except for the GUI we all know, this thing looks like a lot other “cheapo” MP3 players out there.

rockinamigo14 on May 18, 2007 11:29 PM

another flash player?! didn’t they just introduce the Creative Zen V less than a year ago. where are they coming from, constantly pushing new flash devices out.bring on a new HDD player, that’s what they really need to get on the market.

sakuragi on May 19, 2007 10:40 AM

cant wait.

sushipixel on May 19, 2007 9:53 PM

Rminds me of the samsng k5, but with a k3 look with exernal speakers.

e260 on May 21, 2007 12:37 AM

Looks generic and ugly, not Creatives style I’m not impressed

zaw on May 21, 2007 1:33 AM

I actually like having internal speaker in my player. I hates ear buds and headphones and I will always hates them until I become deaf for some reason.I put MP3 on my phone to listen to them because or internal speaker. then I bought ZV:W because of its got internal speaker. Even those tiny speakers don’t produce good sound still a good way to share the music with people around you. Also good if I’m sitting out side kicking back and want to listen to netcast and enjoy the surrounding sounds too.Crative need to come up with better design and they need to start reading their forums, this place and take some action.

Aj on May 27, 2007 9:37 AM

Let’s face it, Creative is better known for function than form. Even their “rip-offs” just cannot live up to the design of the original. They definately need to concentrate on design now that they have function down if they want to really get a hold on the market.

Erwin on May 28, 2007 5:53 AM

I just bought the zen wav. Looks like the nano where the screen and shape is concern lol… and omg, the sound coming out from those speakers is so freakin CLEAR! And battery life is 30 hours on earphones and 20 on speakers.

grace on May 28, 2007 11:27 AM

Erwin: According to the product page on the Creative website, the Wav can take e-books and play videos, but there isn’t any info in terms of specifications. Have you tried doing anything like that? I would definately consider purchasing it if it can do as claimed.

grace on May 28, 2007 11:28 AM

grace on May 28, 2007 11:28 AM

Dr. Jackle on May 31, 2007 1:09 PM

Why can’t they increase the capacity, have you seen the 2 GB micro flash drives they put in cell phones? If you stacked those things next to another by the time you had the equivalent size of a hard disc drive (the kind you put into mp3 players) you would have 100 GB of storage capacity. It is quite discouraging to see an mp3 player you like but realize it doesn’t have enough storage. I really do like the external speakers, and you can bet the sound quality will be superior, since it’s creative. No more sharing ear pieces to hear songs any more.

kivine on June 11, 2007 10:12 AM

it looks kinda ugly in the pictures. but it looks and feels awesome actually seeing it. :)

Serene on June 16, 2007 10:37 AM

I think for its 2GB size with comparison to other brands, it’s really worth the price. Those who want to have in-built speakers and enjoy sharing their music would be a good choice. It may be because of the in-built speakers that limit the design. Could have the speakers at the back to make room for cool design but it’s pretty weird that way as the package comes with a docking station…unless its like the new Samung phone with filp-over back as MP3 player and control. Pay really a lot more for this kind of design.

Quality First on August 2, 2007 5:11 PM

My God, what a horrible reason for a website. I’m guessing you and your guests are pretty much anti-anything Apple. Chauvinism is a real killer in any realm, but you seem to have taken it to new heights. Good luck with that!

tellerq on September 2, 2007 3:14 AM

Apple products are closed systems and overpriced. They suck.

babyeater on December 4, 2007 4:50 PM

This site isnt just against Apple, Quality First. Some people may use it because they are against apple, but the reason I use it is because most websites do not have such a comprehensive collection of mp3 players without touting iPods as being the best there is. Maybe they are (i personally dont think so) but really, there can be too much of anything. This is a nice break away from ipods. they are the first, and most abundant on any mp3 player list.

K.J. on March 8, 2008 11:10 PM

i want this…how much is it in the u.s.??