Cowon Reveals iAudio 7

cowon iaudio 7 Cowon Reveals iAudio 7

The picture is probably enough for you to realize that this is the successor of the Cowon iAudio 6, as few changes have been made to the exterior of the player, but what you can’t see is that the mini 0.85” hard drive has been replaced by flash memory in 4GB and 8GB sizes. The outstanding support for audio formats (MP3, WMA, ASF, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC) is still there, as are the 1.3” 260K-color OLED screen, FM radio, voice recorder, and support for XviD, TXT, and JPEG files. The new player’s 60-hour battery life is a dramatic increase over its predecessor’s 20-hour playback time.

The Cowon iAudio 7 will be released in Korea on the 18th of July, but so far no international release date has been set.

[Bestofmicro | Cowon via Engadget]

Markus on June 14, 2007 11:45 AM

it looks just PERFECT

Kas on June 14, 2007 12:41 PM

I thought they were discontinuing the flash model? I would’ve waited for this instead of getting my meizu m6 :P . Cowon just blows away everyone with battery life though, 60 hours makes about everybody else look obsolete.

Alex M on June 14, 2007 12:56 PM

Video on a 1.3″ Screen? Someone wanna explain the practicality in that? Thanks :)

kratonator on June 14, 2007 2:54 PM

It looks very nice, it’s flash and it’s a Cowon product with huge battery life. It’s a pity that it hasn’t got a bigger display…

dfkt on June 15, 2007 7:30 AM

So now we actually get the player formerly announced as “D1″, then withdrawn … Cowon is crazy.http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2007/01/the-cowon-iaudio-d1-4gb-is-no-more.phpWell, let’s see if they really release it.

Critic on June 15, 2007 4:28 PM

It seems Cowon has yet to learn that thickness is an important factor in purchasing an MP3 Player. Personally, I would never buy something that thick with a screen that tiny.

Sirocco on June 15, 2007 6:40 PM

I don’t understand the obsession that mp3 players should have bigger screens. At some point all that glass bothers me, since glass breaks. A display that’s just big enough to display a bit more info than you’d need to describe what’s currently playing is the ideal. My wish is that they’d use as big a font as possible in the space available. My Samsung YP-T8 has a lot of wasted space in the display, and the fonts are SO tiny.If movies are your priority, get a device with a 4-6 inch screens, like the Cowon A2 or D2. Or a portable DVD player with a 7-8 inch screen. The iAudio 7 ideally satisfies a market need for such devices. There will never be a 1 size fits all form factor, nor should there be.

Sirocco on June 15, 2007 6:41 PM

slaughterMYdaughter on June 16, 2007 2:00 AM

I could seriously care less about thickness,this thing is awesome.If it fits in my pocket,then its good.

Introis on June 16, 2007 3:44 AM

Cool.But I’d rather have a thinner Player than 60h of battery life.I think, everyone would have been satisfied with 30h.

Noam on June 17, 2007 8:07 AM

Damnnn…You guys have to understand that the iAUDIO 6 isn’t as thick as you may think from seeing its pictures. It’s so tiny in real life that its thickness isn’t such a big factor.You put it in your pocket and you forget it’s there.I do think it would have been nice if they’d flattened the whole player down a bit, but this shouldn’t be the one deciding factor when purchasing it.I say this all from personal experience.I considered getting the Sansa e200 once, but chose sound quality over the rest in the end. I still think the e200 is a very considerable player, but iAUDIO scores right on when it comes to sound.

cyberspyder on June 19, 2007 5:56 PM

Will be a nice compliment for my e200, and Kenwood 30 GB. Looks KILLER!!!!!!!!!

Borat on June 26, 2007 5:13 PM

How long do you think it would take for the European distribution to begin after it is rolled out in Korea?

gORE on July 12, 2007 8:00 PM

Actually i dont think this is flash…its another one of those cowon .85 inch hdds

p4 on July 15, 2007 2:02 AM