MPIO MG100 in 4GB

mpio mg100 MPIO MG100 in 4GB

Previously only available in 1GB and 2GB sizes, the MG100 now comes with 4GB of flash memory. Unfortunately, the capacity increase is the only change presented by MPIO.

JPEG, BMP, and videos in the MTV file format (with conversion software included) can still be displayed on the 1.5-inch, 176×132 pixel, 262K-color LCD screen. The MG100 only supports MP3 and WMA (DRM) audio formats but is complemented by 7 equalizer presets and a 5-band graphic equalizer. A quick voice recording function is activated by voice and FM radio recording is also possible. Inside the brushed aluminium case, a 400mAh battery enables 20 hours of audio and 6 hours of video playback.

[Product page via Impress]

Mark on June 16, 2007 9:31 PM

This isn’t really NEW news. I have been seeing the 4gb model for the last 3 weeks on Bestbuy’s website.

secret on June 27, 2007 2:59 PM

how do i change the cbackground picture when the music is playing…so when im listening to my music..the background pic is like..personalized?

secret on June 27, 2007 3:00 PM

Andrew on July 17, 2007 8:37 PM

Pheaktra on August 14, 2007 10:23 PM

how do i put pictures and videos -_-… i have this mp3 since february 2007 !!!

Georgiana on October 22, 2007 1:47 PM

Hey, guys! Can you tell me if this music player can be set on shuffle? Does he have this feature?Thanks!

Georgiana on October 22, 2007 1:48 PM

Hey, guys! Can you tell me if this music player can be set on shuffle? Does it have this feature?Thanks!

andy on December 28, 2007 6:56 PM

hi! i need help with my new mp3MG100 ( the mp3)i dont know how to put music on!would i be able to use limewire or windows media player!i need help!thanks

andy on December 28, 2007 7:01 PM

hi! its me again! forgot to put this info on the last comment but my mp3 is 4gb. do u think u can help me plezzzzzz! ASAPthanks

jake on December 30, 2007 4:40 PM

andy:I have the same model and yes, you can use limwire and windows media.Georgiana: It has a shuffle feature

BackgroundPicture on February 2, 2008 7:36 PM

HAY-HELP ME PLEASE :) I have the MPIO-MG100 (4G)but i dont seem to have a background picture,.,..can anyone tell me how to put one as a “wallpaper” ???????????PLEASE!!

Stacey on February 10, 2008 9:46 PM

This MP3 player really lags when switching between songs or applications….I would not recommend it for someone who likes to skip around a lot, like myself. I got so frustrated I had to return it.

Simon on February 23, 2008 1:28 PM

I have a problem, it went from 4 gb to 2 gb when I download the new firmwar. Can somebody help me?

hty on February 29, 2008 1:33 PM

MPIO has really gone down with their build quality, I just bought this one, and compare to my old mpio fy100, it’s totally rubbish, loose buttons, non-solid feeling, and horrible charging indicator that doesn’t even work, and u can only charge it on your computer.

Titash on March 10, 2008 2:35 PM

ok so i just got this player n umm i am so frustrated cuz i hav no idea how 2 import videos on this so can any1 help? plz?

Danny on April 1, 2008 8:32 PM

I bought my Mpio MG100 (4GB) a little while ago. I just put songs onto it yesterday. Well I went to add some more songs on to it today. And I disconnected it when it said it was safe to. And when I was on the main menu I clicked on “Music” and ALL my songs were GONE!! So I hooked it back up to the computer to put all the songs back on my Mp3, and it said that all those songs were already on the device.This thing is a piece of shit and SO not worth the sale price of $50 Canadian.

Kendel on September 1, 2008 3:49 AM

Hey, I need help! My 4Gb version has downgraded to 2GB when I downloaded the new firmware. How do I return it to 4 GB?

li on November 20, 2008 4:25 AM

this is my 3rd replacement from bestbuy. brought it on march 2008 and there was a loose button after 2 weeks. after 6 months of usage, i notice the battery doesn’t show it’s done with charging even after 10 hours! then the sleep mode is malfunction. finally last month it died(no signal even plug into the usb port). Good that the manufacuture has an over the counter return policy with bestbuy for warranty. just charged the new one for 3 hours and it won’t turn on! ahahah…frustrated…totally not worthy even it’s $50 for 4G mp3 player…poor battery quality!

Gabriel on December 17, 2008 12:54 AM

Hey everyone!I just receive an email from MPIO America official website. They send me a new firmware that has solve my problem. My mg100 disk space is now 4GB and i didn’t receive any error during the installation! Here is the link of the new firmware, I’m sure you will be happy Cheesyhttp://rapidshare.com/files/81051828/MPIO_MG100_1_05_15_new_.zip.html

salman on March 17, 2009 9:00 PM

How do u get the MTV converter online. I lost the CD and well so far i haven’t added any videos…rep me soon m waiting

Ludo on September 21, 2009 2:19 AM

I have an mpIO MG100 4G. After updating the software by using the software update from mpIO website it is no more 4G. It is now only 2G. I would like to know how I could bring it back to 4G.Thanks a lot.