Meizu miniPlayer M6 SL Approaching

meizu miniplayer m6sl Meizu miniPlayer M6 SL Approaching

After months of anticipating the release of an updated miniPlayer, Meizu’s official announcement of the M6 SL has finally arrived. The first and most readily noticeable transformation from the original M6 is the 7.3mm thickness, partly as a result of a smaller battery yielding 26 hours of audio and 4.5 hours of video.

An improved viewing angle is offered by the SL (previously rumoured to be 80° from all directions), but Meizu has considered more than just the eyes for the miniPlayer M6’s reformation as a new audio chip will be used and APE joins the list of supported audio codecs.

China will be receiving the new model before the end of the month in 2GB of memory for an equivalent of $90, 4GB for $110, and 8GB for $150.

Alex M on September 5, 2007 4:10 PM

beats the new ipod nano to me…bigger screen by .5 inches and .5 mm thicker…plus i guess standard mini usb

SCHULTA on September 6, 2007 7:47 AM

same,ive got a normal m6 and that beats a nano any day

Dima on September 6, 2007 10:15 AM

Offcourse a Meizu beats an iPod. Same thing does my Meizu Music Card :)

DChronos on September 6, 2007 11:51 PM

Hey, where did the link go for the source of this news being meizume forums?

Fantasy on September 8, 2007 11:40 PM

The following information comes from http://www.meizu.comSIZE:78mm*46.5MM*7.3mmWEIGHT:46gSCREEN:TFT LCD 2.41′QVGA320*240(RGB) 260,000 colorssupport APEVEDIO:Xvid 20fps ≤512kbpsA new audio chip will be used(likely to be Wolfson’s WM8978)J.Wong said that there existed M7 which is the pure player edition of M8 with 2.8′touch screen ,it supports h264/mp4 720*480 30fps ,like PSP

Err0r on September 20, 2007 1:41 AM

No source for this info?

ecmoney on October 20, 2007 7:25 AM

i bought from allpmp.com for 99usd only

kira on July 29, 2008 9:44 AM

wen will the meizu miniplayer m6 sl arrive in America

kira on August 3, 2008 6:21 AM

what comes with the meizu miniplayer m6 sl

montyoto on November 25, 2008 5:00 PM

kira: I got a quick start guide, a USB cable, a set of ear plugs and an installation cd (for video conversion and connection to win98) along my Meizu M6 SL. Not what you’d call a bundle!I think I should warn potential buyers (although I am a happy owner): there are issues with (loud) clicking sounds at the end of tracks (I have witnessed this with both mp3 and FLAC). And lousy gapping between tracks that should play continuously (does any player manage to avoid this?)But sound quality is the absolute best I have heard (among 5-7 players, including iPod)