New Creative Player Named the Zen Share

creative zen share New Creative Player Named the Zen Share

While at CES I prodded some of the representatives for some info on the new Zen. When I asked them for info on the new hard drive wireless player they gave off tell tale signs there was something to hide. While I’m not so sure about the hard drive part of it now since a reader got an interesting response from Creative tech supports stating that hard drives are on their way out. We do know now that it is indeed wireless thanks to some inside info Epizenter picked up stating that it will be released in March.

I have my fingers crossed for the following: native support for divx and h.264 over 320×240 resolutions, no touch screen, uninhibited sharing, and 80GB 160GB hard drives. That’s my short wish list.

What is on your Zen Share wish list?

Chowdder on February 20, 2008 1:27 PM

Great news to hear from Creative but on a side note…”We do know now know that it is…”One too many know I suppose?

tomaskn on February 20, 2008 3:02 PM

indeed one to many. i just want a zvm with a larger screen and flash memory and a superb battery.i cant use wifi here anyway with who am i going to share with? i dont even know 1 person who has a zvm. only ipod in the neigbourhood

josh on February 21, 2008 5:43 AM

finally. i hope to see some UMS on the Zen. I am sick of having to use awful third party software to connect my Vision:M to my mac.

Hadeem on February 21, 2008 7:35 AM

Yeah same problem with iPods everywhere and no Zunes to be heard of and I don’t care about Wi-Fi unless it works with some for of Zencast. Creative could do with much better bundled software, there isn’t any good way to create big playlist that I have encountered. If Media player or others could easily access the Zen’s library and make playlist with those tracks, it would be pie. Also they would do iPod haters a favour by making a speaker/dock system that is affordable and actually available in retail stores.

Hadeem on February 21, 2008 7:37 AM

nywytboy68 on February 21, 2008 10:55 AM

Could this be what I’ve been waiting for. I’m hooked on the Sony’s due to Creative screwing up all the time. I would have JUMPED on the 32gb zen if it a)would have better sound – meaning quality as well as volume (sound as good as a Sony damn it!!). b)they handled the sd card prob better – integrated fully as other company’s have done. c) better battery life for video – getting MAYBE 5hrs for me is UNACCEPTABLE! I have to take long rides on mass transit in the performance of my duties at work, I need the pvp/pmp to perform for a long period of time (and no, I don’t want ANOTHER ipod!!!)