MPIO V10 Touch Screen PMP Plays Everything – With Style

mpio v10 MPIO V10 Touch Screen PMP Plays Everything   With Style

MPIO isn’t the most known mp3 player brand out there, but they have been around for a while, and this time they might have hit jackpot. The MPIO V10 Personal Media Player seems to be equipped with pretty much anything your heart could desire, and it doesn’t look half bad with it’s metallic design.

The 3″ 480×272 pixel touch screen should put it close to the Samsung P2 screen wise, which is nice seeing there aren’t many players in that class at the moment. The codec support is very impressive, with support for AVI, WMV, ASF, MP4, DivX, DAT, VOB, TS, XviD, MPG / MPEG, MP3, WMA, AAC , OGG, PCM (WAV), JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, SMI, TXT. Video support this extensive is normally only found on bigger PMPs like the Cowon A3.

Along with the extensive codes support, it has a FM tuner, dictionary, and TV out. The latter should be very useful for a hard core video player like this, especially if it can output bigger than the screen resolution. The downside is only 8GB of internal memory, but a SD slot helps a lot – especially if its SDHC with cards up to 16GB right now and 32GB in a few months. Battery life is rated at 5 hours for video. More pics, a video and spec sheets after the jump.

[ GenerationMP3 ]

mpio v10 2 MPIO V10 Touch Screen PMP Plays Everything   With Style

Video Formats

• AVI, WMV, ASF, MP4, DivX, DAT, VOB, TS, MPG / MPEG
  • MPEG-4 Simple Profile (800×480, GMC / QPEL support)
  • MPEG-4 Advanced Simple Profile (800×480)
  • MPEG-2 MP@ML (720×480), MPEG-1 (720×480)
  • H.264 Baseline Profile (640×480), and H.264 Baseline Profile Level 1.2 ARIB Standard / Level 1.2
  • DivX 3.11/4.x/5.x Pro (800×400, GMC / QPEL support)
  • Xvid (800×480, GMC / QPEL support)
  • Audio codec: MPEG Layer 1/2/3, WMA and WAV, AAC / AAC +
  • Frame Rate: 30 fps

Audio Formats

• MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, PCM
  • Audio codec: MPEG-1 Layer 3, and MPEG-1 Layer 1 & 2 (8 ~ 384Kbps, CBR / VBR)
  • PCM
  • AAC(16~400Kbps, CBR/VBR), WMA9 Pro (5~355Kbps)
  • OGG Q1~Q10 AAC (16 to 400Kbps, CBR / VBR)
  • WMA9 Pro (5 ~ 355Kbps)
  • OGG Q1-Q10 (VBR/CBR) (VBR / CBR)
  • MP3 ID3 tag: Ver 1.0 / 2.2 / 2.3 / 2.4

Photo Formats

• JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG,JPG, BMP, GIF
  • (maximum 2600×2, 000), PNG – (maximum 1600×1, 200)

nywytbot68 on March 7, 2008 11:50 AM

Just curious, the battery life is 5hrs for video but what is it for audio? Thanks!

Andreas Ødegård on March 7, 2008 12:34 PM

It didnt say… But from similar players, 5 hour video means 25-35 hours of audio, normally

NoComp on March 7, 2008 2:05 PM

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!I always counted on MPIO – I never really forgot them after I had the MPIO HD300 which is one of my all time favourite DAP’s. The MPIO V10 is just like the COWON D2 should have been from the start! Concerning sound quality MPIO is among the best you can get and so was my HD300. It was on par with my COWON X5 back then (side-by-side A-B-comparison).However, I knew MPIO would resurrect one day to seriously kick some ass. I’m pretty sure there’s much more to expect from MPIO in 2008! I will eat my shorts if MPIO isn’t going to release some more DAP-candy this year. ;)

EnzoTen (Grahm) on March 7, 2008 2:47 PM

At least we agree on something ;) The MPIO brand does some amazing and can run side by side with cowon

Alex M on March 7, 2008 3:51 PM

I can see no flac but no wav?? wtf man

MsieurDams on March 7, 2008 5:41 PM

nice device, I should expect some more about it…The UI seems to have a smart design, that’s as important as the number of file types recognized in the DAP.If only they would include a wired remote control… but with the growing of tactile controls, that’s a feature which will disappear… so bad! In music use, I don’t want pick my device out of my pocket, especially in subways…At last this is a DAP which merits to be followed… I’m Waiting for more news :)

dragnandy on March 7, 2008 7:43 PM

wow, i have got to say, the GUI interface looks AMAZING! this pmp is going to be a great competitor. i hope theres no downfall, like non-integrated SD, terrible sound quality, and something like that.

Syndrome on March 8, 2008 1:24 AM

If the sound quality is as good as Cowon, and its drag and drop with file folder format then I may just be interested in this player. Looks like the player I’ve been waiting for.

NoComp on March 8, 2008 3:07 AM

Syndrome, believe me – MPIO DAP’s are one of the best sounding DAP’s you can get. MPIO was on par with iRiver and COWON 3 years ago when I did a side by side A-B-comparison with the MPIO HD300 and the COWON X5. The MPIO HD300 even had a very powerful headphone-output of 2x30mW! I’m pretty sure MPIO wont dissapoint anyone concerning sound quality. I’d be glad if MPIO could get their act together in the software-departement because this was the only weak point of the HD300 back then – and a lots of other MPIO DAP’s. Let’s hope for the best.

Earfanatic on March 8, 2008 8:58 AM

I don’t like it. Something that not advertized with underdressed girls… This smiley guy will sell this PMP? ;-)

Lawrence on March 8, 2008 8:21 PM

wow, this definitely got my saliva glands awake.. if it has sdHD slots, I don’t see a reason why not to get it

Zoodar on March 8, 2008 9:18 PM

Three things that that kinda bugs me about this player:1. It runs Windows. To me Windows CE feels old and not that reliable, however I’m probably wrong.2. Do you really have to use that little plastic thingy to navigate? Atleast it’s better than using your fingers.3. The headphone jack! Why is it on the top and not on the side! If it’s gonna be on the top, I don’t think anyone will be able to put it in your pocket.Besides that, this player looks hella cool!

SantaCruz on March 12, 2008 1:32 PM

Does anyone know whether this player will be available in europe soon?I cant wait to read a review!!

kitkatz23 on March 12, 2008 9:45 PM

When’s this coming out and where will it be available?? I wanna get my hands on one of these!! Gotta admit, this beauty looks better than my Onda vx747.

Earfanatic on March 13, 2008 6:02 AM

I don’t know about the arrival date, but here in Hungary (Europe) a company always sold MPIO products soon as it was announced, so I think it will be available in Europe but don’t know any other EU company that sells them.

eat1ng on May 1, 2008 8:06 AM

No lossless audio support? Cowon D2 FTW!

kashif on July 16, 2008 6:30 AM

I wud like 2 know the price of MPIOv10 in $…I was unable to get it 4rm amazon,where can i get it.

kashif on July 16, 2008 6:34 AM

joe on July 8, 2009 9:15 PM

when will mpio integrate something like Bluetooth and WLAN ??????