MPIO isn’t the most known mp3 player brand out there, but they have been around for a while, and this time they might have hit jackpot. The MPIO V10 Personal Media Player seems to be equipped with pretty much anything your heart could desire, and it doesn’t look half bad with it’s metallic design.
The 3″ 480×272 pixel touch screen should put it close to the Samsung P2 screen wise, which is nice seeing there aren’t many players in that class at the moment. The codec support is very impressive, with support for AVI, WMV, ASF, MP4, DivX, DAT, VOB, TS, XviD, MPG / MPEG, MP3, WMA, AAC , OGG, PCM (WAV), JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, SMI, TXT. Video support this extensive is normally only found on bigger PMPs like the Cowon A3.
Along with the extensive codes support, it has a FM tuner, dictionary, and TV out. The latter should be very useful for a hard core video player like this, especially if it can output bigger than the screen resolution. The downside is only 8GB of internal memory, but a SD slot helps a lot – especially if its SDHC with cards up to 16GB right now and 32GB in a few months. Battery life is rated at 5 hours for video. More pics, a video and spec sheets after the jump.
[ GenerationMP3 ]
- AVI, WMV, ASF, MP4, DivX, DAT, VOB, TS, MPG / MPEG
- MPEG-4 Simple Profile (800×480, GMC / QPEL support)
- MPEG-4 Advanced Simple Profile (800×480)
- MPEG-2 MP@ML (720×480), MPEG-1 (720×480)
- H.264 Baseline Profile (640×480), and H.264 Baseline Profile Level 1.2 ARIB Standard / Level 1.2
- DivX 3.11/4.x/5.x Pro (800×400, GMC / QPEL support)
- Xvid (800×480, GMC / QPEL support)
- Audio codec: MPEG Layer 1/2/3, WMA and WAV, AAC / AAC +
- Frame Rate: 30 fps
- MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, PCM
- Audio codec: MPEG-1 Layer 3, and MPEG-1 Layer 1 & 2 (8 ~ 384Kbps, CBR / VBR)
- AAC(16~400Kbps, CBR/VBR), WMA9 Pro (5~355Kbps)
- OGG Q1~Q10 AAC (16 to 400Kbps, CBR / VBR)
- WMA9 Pro (5 ~ 355Kbps)
- OGG Q1-Q10 (VBR/CBR) (VBR / CBR)
- MP3 ID3 tag: Ver 1.0 / 2.2 / 2.3 / 2.4
- JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG,JPG, BMP, GIF
- (maximum 2600×2, 000), PNG – (maximum 1600×1, 200)