SanDisk Sansa Fuze Officially Announced For April Release

sansa fuze officials SanDisk Sansa Fuze Officially Announced For April Release

We saw a few leaks and hints of the Sansa Fuze over the last week, but today SanDisk has officially announced this tiny flash player. The Fuze is a bit bigger than the Sansa Clip but packs in a 1.9” screen. As previously noted the player will feature 25 hour audio playback in the standard MP3, WMA, WAV, and Audible for Audio. It will also playback JPEG and 5 hours of MPEG-4 for video.

The player will hit store shelves early next month and come in 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB capacities selling for $80, $100, and $130 respectively. Additionally you can add more memory with the microSD memory slot.

Personally, I am pretty excited to see If the Fuze sounds anything like the Clip- if so it would be a pretty killer player. Now if they would only change that home screen and tweak some minor nuances of the UI.

Update: Gear Log has a video up showing off the Fuze. If you notice the Fuze has a slick looking glossy finish like the Clip and also carries the carries the same SOC. This does not necessarily mean it will carries the same sound quality as the Clip since its the sum of the parts that defines it, but it does give us hope.

[Product Page]

Spag on March 11, 2008 10:27 AM

Looks interesting… but no 16GB version. :(

Jack4L on March 11, 2008 11:50 AM

You’d think that with all the people that went out of there way to modify the home screen menu of the sansa e200 that they might try somthing new, but nope, we got the Connect, the View and now the Fuze that all have that still on there -_-Oh and if that Micro SD card is any sign of its actual size, it looks like its going to be atleast two times the size of the clip. Would call that significantly bigger then the clip, probibly going to be the same size roughly as the 3rd generation Nano.

nywytboy68 on March 11, 2008 2:43 PM

MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN,… sound as good as a Sansa Clip and its a DEAL!!!

x on March 11, 2008 5:23 PM

Why the hell couldn’t they have made this with a typical usb mini connection?

Alex M on March 11, 2008 5:59 PM

(Nano fan)”ha! my emaciated looking player has a .1 inch bigger screen than your emaciated looking player!”I think for the price of the 8gb most people should and will jump for the View. but for 80$ for the 2gb, someone could get an e250,60,or 70 online and rockbox itthe 4gb is in competition in a sense with I guess the Zen, Zen V, T400, etc.

Mightyman50 on March 11, 2008 7:00 PM

I looked on youtube and saw a video of one of the producers for the Sansa Fuze show the product and talk about it. She said that the sansa clip got very good reviews as far as sound quality, so sandisk decided to put the same sound technology and sound chip in the player, so in other words, yes- the player’s sound quality will be as good as the clips’ sound quality. Too bad the 8gb version only comes in that hideous silver. I want black too much, so I guess i’ll just have to settle for the 4gb version :(

helpme123 on March 11, 2008 9:05 PM

here is the link to Mightyman50′s video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rxLcpJ41ELg

EnzoTen (Grahm) on March 11, 2008 9:59 PM

Thanks, i added the video to the post.

PVTk5 on March 11, 2008 11:34 PM

Looks more like an iPod Nano. People would think its a cheap imitation.

David on March 12, 2008 3:58 AM

What the hell? I was really excited about this player but not so much so now that I found out it’s highest capacity will be an 8GB model. If they really wanted this to be an Ipod Nano competitor they should have put more capacity in it. 16GB’s of flash should be standard in new players now I think. I really like the design of this player because I’ve been eyeballing the nano for months now but I wouldn’t buy one simply because I don’t want to deal with the nightmares of itunes and apple’s drm crap. I may buy one of these players only because this is the closest thing to the nano but I just wish they had put a higher capacity in this. I’m sure I will feel quite cheated having to buy an 8GB memory card to expand this… but I still think it’s a cool looking player… and why don’t they make the UI look better buy now?

Robot Overlord on March 12, 2008 9:28 AM

All i want to know is if the wheel is stationary like the clip or moves like the view.

Hristo on March 12, 2008 9:36 AM

I can’t wait to read the reviews about this player since I’m leaning towards buying it. I really don’t like the proprietary connection but I can live with it. The one thing I really want added in terms of firmware is the file/folder browsing. Lets hope for the best. I’m looking forward to the Fuze review.

David on March 12, 2008 3:37 PM

“Looks more like an iPod Nano. People would think its a cheap imitation.”Aside from wishing this came with a higher capacity I would take this player over the Nano any day. Screw what people think about it. Sure the Nano looks great, but the Fuze is a great looking player as well. Does the Nano have that cool blue ring that glows around it’s wheel?… no it doesn’t. So all those goofballs waving their Nano’s can kiss my Fuze… well, when I get one.

Earfanatic on March 12, 2008 3:47 PM

You’re almost right. Except that blue lit ring isn’t that cool but annoying. I can live with it anyway. :-) At least it doesn’t have an Apple logo on. :-pWhy Sandisk couldn’t wait ’till I get bored about my Clip!! :-D

dragnandy on March 13, 2008 12:04 AM

i think the fuse is great and sleek looking, but suriously, theres nothing special about it. theres nothing that makes it ‘special’. i guess because you can easily relate it to the nano gen.3 so much. i think there isnt so much hype because its just too predictable. we didnt even need to read or watch the video to know whats on it.

Okuno on March 13, 2008 4:23 AM

I bought one last year,the sound quality is not very good. But I bought one for my friend as the birtyday gift, he said it is very good, I check them carefully, I found the earphone with new one is much better than before!

rob on March 13, 2008 7:54 PM

it looks too much like the 3rd generation ipod nano, but its not nearly as attractive. the blue and red color makes it look like it was made by playskool. if it sounds anything like the ipod, apple may have a problem.

DeathRider on March 14, 2008 1:59 PM

Okuno, how did you buy one last year when it’s just coming to market?Or are you talking about the clip???And if you are talking about the clip, you may be in the minority.