Third Generation Zune in Fall 2009, Europeans Included

zune eu Third Generation Zune in Fall 2009, Europeans Included

Our friends at GenMP3 have tipped ups off to some exciting European Zune news. Since the launch of the Zune I have received countless emails from people all over Europe asking if I knew when the Zune would be released in the EU. It looks like we finally got an answer from Microsoft France’s Francois Ruault- stating in a French newspaper GNT, that the third installment of the Zune would be released in late 2009. This would likely be in the fall to coincide with the holidays.

There are some more interesting pieces of news from this article stating that the Zune Marketplace will hit mobile platforms on the upcoming Windows Mobile 7 OS. Could this be the start of a Zune Phone? My guess would be that is will not be a fully fledged Zune Phone but an intermediary step with music being a tight integration with Windows Mobile 7. Without a doubt we will see this new mobile Zune service in coming Sidekicks since Microsoft’s recent acquisition of Danger.

microsoft go home on March 13, 2008 1:51 PM

no thanks, i don’t want anything from microsoft.

LordZero on March 13, 2008 5:07 PM

So after waiting more than 1 year to see the zune in Europe, I still have to wait…~1 year?Probably if I get a Zune tattoo, they will offer me a Zune 30, 2 tattoos and they will offer me a Zune Original.

Joe on March 15, 2008 3:27 AM

So we will have a 3rd generation Zune that still cannot display East Asian languages.FOUR (4) font files and the Zune could display Chinese, Japanese and Korean, but for some unknown reason MS won’t add these files!!!!Sorry MS, I am forced to buy an iPod for solid unicode support…sigh.

artzy on July 11, 2008 6:53 PM

I don’t want anything from iTunes. I want freedom to choose a music store. In the “iTunes free” world Zune is the best player.

Luk on July 18, 2008 7:01 AM

Ok so zune might not have asian language support! But on the whole its all better than the ipod. Bigger screen beter non-thumb-dislocating pad. Better headphones etc.I got a zune2 and am damn proud of it! Want a good mp3 player get a zune!

HollyGolightly on August 15, 2008 9:32 AM

Microsoft is the best! I am proud to have vista! I will preorder the upcoming zune. If it is a phone… I hope it would be with Verizon Wireless. Everybody knows Zune is better iPod. Anything from Apple=Failed

jim bo on September 13, 2008 1:09 AM

yes ipod is crapitunes the crapestthey make it so hard to put vids on grrrrri want a zune!!! but oh… wait… i cant get 1 not out in australia ! pigs we will it come! most likly 2011 or lateri think if its not out soon i will get a zen!

Travis on September 30, 2008 11:01 PM

and whats even more stupid? is that ipod wouldn’t even be HERE WITHOUT MICROSOFT!!!! for all you apple loving ipod obsessed people.Steve Jobs had to ask Bill Gates for a loan to start the ipod!So… Get it straight apple freaks. Microsoft is the way to go!

gf as on May 16, 2009 2:49 PM

umm… get ur facts right steve did not ask bill gates for a loan you dumbass… how much money does it take to make a ipod… F**K ALL you kno why cause apple was a multi million dollar if not billion dollar corporation and making the ipod… is chup change when everything is made in china DUH

Stasis on May 27, 2009 9:51 PM

umm gf as, you do know that Gates owns half of Apple’s stock right…..right?

Joshua Issac on June 20, 2009 2:54 PM

I can’t wait for Zune 3G. It will be a phone like iPhone but without Apple lock-in, right?Statis, Microsoft doesn’t own shares in Apple any more. I don’t know about Bill Gates.

Tasian on April 24, 2010 12:53 AM

It’s a pit, this dows not have a web browser like the zune HD, I wouldn’t but it, but, it seems i’m getting a third gen for my b-day now…So, there’s no other option