Cowon D2 Soon to Hit 16GB?

cowon d2 Cowon D2 Soon to Hit 16GB?

The Cowon D2 has been around for over a year now and has perhaps been Cowon’s biggest success ever. It has survived in the race for more storage capacity for so long because of the SDHC card slot that allows users to add up to 16GB (32GB soon) on top of the 2, 4 or 8GB of internal memory. Now it seems Cowon has finally taken a step further and is planning on releasing a 16GB D2.

There is no official word yet, but the 16GB version just showed up on a German webshop so it’s very likely this isn’t just a rumour. The player is so far listed without any release date or price so there is still a chance this is just a glitch. If it turns out to be true that will mean the D2 will have a current max capacity of 32GB with 48GB being possible in the near future.

[MP3-player.de via GenerationMP3]

Samuel on April 15, 2008 2:11 PM

This is amazing. i have a 4GB Cowon D2, and a 16GB version of this player would blow all flash players out of the water. I would love to have 16GB internal storage, and having it on the D2 is just icing on the cake.

Xenodius on April 15, 2008 2:33 PM

Dang… what happened to the D3?Not that the d2 isn’t awesome, I love mine. 8+16gb is tons of space!

Alex M on April 15, 2008 4:29 PM

I have a 4+8(12gb) white D2 that I like but I would love widescreen, native divx, better tv-out, and possibly wi-fi. And a tiny bit thinner :P

aznxkpx88 on April 16, 2008 2:00 AM

cool capacity was the biggest set back for me on this player. (i like to have my entire music collection in my pocket rather than removing and adding when i run out of space) this makes me lean toward it a little more…but like xenodius said, how about the d3?

Martin Sägmüller on April 16, 2008 9:25 PM

Gimme. Now.

ebyss on April 17, 2008 8:54 AM

rats! just bought an 8GB model and was feeling quite pleased with myself..!This is good news. I love my D2 – hopefully a 16GB model will encourage more people to try out the D2.

Tim on April 17, 2008 2:30 PM

Awwwww I was going to purchase an 8GB but now I’m going to wait till this arrives and give it a grace period to see what kind of bugs it’s going to have.

alfred25 on April 22, 2008 2:43 AM

Best player in the world: Cowon D2, The mere fact that it can produce 74mw of power than any other player, that is something. I’m very satisfied because all I care about is the sound quality. (it also has great battery life, SDHC support and 16million color QVGA LCD)

Neil on July 11, 2008 6:41 AM

Unreal customer service. While I love my D2 player more than any other PMP I’ve owned, it’s the customer service that will keep me as a loyal Cowon owner.I recently had to send my unit in for repair due to a battery issue. Even though the unit was out of warranty, they replaced the entire deal at no cost and in less than 1 week turn around.