MPIO V10 Video Preview

mpio v10 vp MPIO V10 Video Preview

When we first heard about the V10 it sounded almost too good to be true especially with the video codec support promised on the player. The player is about to be released and that means reviewers all over is starting to get their hand of this little wonder.

One of them is Yeshaib over at mympio.com, who’s gotten a unit and done some initial testing on it. There are some cons like lack of album art support, but overall it looks to be as amazing an player as the specs promises. Video after the jump.

[mympio]

dragnandy on April 21, 2008 7:22 PM

man!! that looks awesome. personally i dont really touch screen, except the iphone (i have to admit they did a good job on that). i really like the GUI, especially the main menu. looks great!

Digivate on April 22, 2008 6:52 AM

Looks to me like a Cowon D2 … but with less features and an uglier and less-responsive interface.

Yeshai on April 22, 2008 9:48 AM

sorry Digivate,But this one beats the D2 by my standards(I have both)NO NEED TO CONVERT VIDEO with tons of Codec support.The 3″ wide screen is great and I think this is more like the archos 405 then a D2

Chris on April 22, 2008 6:24 PM

True. As a D2 owner, this looks V10 looks like my dream player.If only it came with 16 or 32 GB internal memory.

Xenodius on April 22, 2008 6:33 PM

Looks great, as long as it supports 16 or 32gb SDHC cards, has good sound quality and output power.I have an 8+16gb d2, and I do have to say the V10 looks great, but I want to know how it sounds.

dan on April 23, 2008 8:31 PM

Haha digivate got owned. And this looks like an awesome player and well worth the price(Assuming that it won’t be 300 dollars?)

Digivate on April 24, 2008 11:03 AM

What do you mean I “got owned” dan? Pretty syupid comment.I still think the V10 looks a bit like a D2 but with less features and an ugly interface (apart from the main menu).Alright, you don’t need to convert video and it’s got a bigger screen, but that’s about it.Two people disagree with me … good for them … but on other forums I’ve seen, other people have said pretty much the same things that I have.Saying that, I’m no D2 fanboy … their firmware is way to flaky … I just don’t think that MPIO have particuarly broken the mould with this player.

dan on April 25, 2008 4:09 PM

If your not a fanboy then I guess you didn’t get owned lol. There’s just something about arguing with fanboys that makes it addicting. But the firmware on this does look flaky.

Xenodius on April 25, 2008 6:45 PM

The firmware on my D2 is flawless, it never locks up, its very responsive, and it does everything perfectly (Video, playlists, etc)

Xenodius on April 25, 2008 7:10 PM

Yeshai on April 29, 2008 12:49 AM

I didn’t want to turn this into a fight, I have a D2 and I love it but as for Video it’s sub par at best!, I was looking for a unit that I can fit in my pocket and just drag & drop video files onto it so I can waist time at the air port, I know I know I have a 404 ,Coby 7040 that I got for 60$, Mpio HX100 and an Iaudio A2 but they are all big and bulky.Truth is i’d love to have my stupid iPhone do drag & drop video but…. :) The D2 is a great unit (again I have one) but as an MP3 player it’s not my best all rounder, i’d have to go with my Meizu M6 (i’m not a fan of the touch screen and fatty form factor, or my small Sansa clip).I compare the Mpio V10 to the archos 405 more then to the D2 just my two cents