Samsung goes Emo, Launches Emodio Site & Software (Plus Bluewave 4)

samsung emo Samsung goes Emo, Launches Emodio Site & Software (Plus Bluewave 4)

On May 30 th Samsung will launch a new portal and software called Emodio. This software seems to be just another media player but centered around Samsungs products offering features specific to their MP3 players. Users will be able to share UCI’s (User Creative Interfaces) with what I’m assuming to be a new UIC generation tool. There is also additional support for Datacasts or basically RSS feeds and the interesting edition of “Text To Speech” features that will allow you to convert txt files to MP3.

The site is rather confusing on its true goals and features since it was obviously written by someone whose first language is not English. Buy the whole aim of the site seems to be targeted at “The Digital Privilege for the Emotional Generation” (I kid you not that’s what the site says), yes as in Emo. This is a definite cultural ignorance on Samsung’s part seeing how bright fun and happy the site has been made, then trying to associate it with the Emo subculture. Regardless, the software looks like it could bring some cool functions to the P2.

It is available but extremely slow on Samsung’s site, so we uploaded it as a Torrent you can download here.

Update: Bluewave 4 Beta is also out.

wu-tangsnow on May 29, 2008 2:20 PM

The new software and the happy looking site is just to cheer em’ up a bit. ;-D

thither on May 29, 2008 4:01 PM

Leave it to Samsung to capitalize on a pop culture trend just as it’s about to breathe its last breath…

Raziel on May 29, 2008 4:57 PM

Looks interesting at least. However, if it comes with that infernal MarkAny ContentSafer like SMS does, I’m not touching it. Side note; if anyone from Samsung is reading this, wanna pay me to clean up the grammar on that site? =P

ixdy on May 29, 2008 5:15 PM

If you look at the main page (http://www.emodio.com/main.action) there’s a graphic and link for the P2 4th wave firmware… wonder if that’s going to be released tomorrow, too.

Watson on May 29, 2008 7:33 PM

I cannot believe this. I literally laughed out loud. What were they thinking? Capitalizing on emos? Right now? They do realize that this means no one will want to touch it, if its associated with emos, that is. No wonder apple is reaping so much cash. Its competitors clearly have some kind of massive cognitive disability.Pity, too. The software actually looks pretty slick, at least from the itty-bitty screenshot.Now all we need is for the zune team to start focusing in on goths and new wavers. That’ll show em!

zzzaap on May 29, 2008 8:27 PM

I think my respect with abi went down a bit. I don’t know why, but I think it might be that emo drawing.

Grahm on May 29, 2008 9:54 PM

Its all in good fun. Im not emo myself, but im a big fan of the music =)

Utew on May 29, 2008 10:45 PM

Just when you think you’ve seen everything……….@thither, Great comment.. I was thinking the same thing…With luck we’ll see an Engrish version of this software.. ;)

swild on May 30, 2008 6:02 PM

Looks neat, but I wish all the manufacturers could just settle down and release plugins for wmp… and why do most of the abi articles lately seem like they’re written by “someone whose first language is not English[?]“

kameko on May 31, 2008 8:25 AM

“Buy the whole aim of the site seems”you mean “But”

Shaft on June 7, 2008 10:05 AM

hold up there ixdy cause im not an emo but i dont disapprove the notion.i mean if samsung do do this it may be some sort of theme which you caould possibly change l8er on

amddudde on July 16, 2008 5:11 PM

Stupid name for software, it sounds like a laxative (immodium anyone?). but it looks okay

Ken on July 19, 2008 7:05 AM

I just d/l it as an update: no choice. Now anything I play just fades in and out. Not happy with this emo thing at all. I want to re-install the original program that came with my T10.

cixi on July 26, 2008 8:54 AM

Please …. Why cant I use my Ipod anymore with window vista ??? samsung and emodio cant run :’(

bob on July 29, 2008 1:15 AM

my computer made my download this program as an update. I was a little worried when it made me delete the original SMS media player but went along with it. added a few songs\artists\albums which all played as the smashing pumpkins best of. Now my samsung media player isn’t working at all. with the bugs in this program it’s going to bring back the emo movement.

I’m not getting it… on September 8, 2008 5:14 PM

Curious marketing strategy by Samsung…I’m 43yo and struggling to come to terms with the idea the Emo subculture should be something which which I should identify!!!The good thing is that Samsung have, with this product, managed to thoroughly depress me – so I’m at least on my way!!!I only need to loose 30 years and 30 pounds, change my wardrobe and I’ll fit right in…

Peggy on February 2, 2009 4:11 PM

I am trying so hard here… need help!!!I have Emodio… and it works great…. however I am trying to sign up for UCI… and I fill out the info… and agree to terms… but then when I go to log in as member… I don’t exist…. grrrrrrrrrI have repeatedly gone through this… and don’t know what the heck I am doing wrong…someone please help…I want to download new backgrounds and stuff….thanksPeggy

M. on March 21, 2009 9:24 PM

I couldn’t get emodio to work at all when I first got it. Used winamp for a while, which worked, but sound quality went down for some reason…Downloaded emodio a second time (after completely erasing it from my system) and they seem to have updated it.Works now, for the most part, as long as I don’t use Google Chrome or some other programs at the same time.

Keith on June 25, 2009 8:03 PM

Hi, I have a new YP-P3 and I have transferred my music to it from my old mp3 player. Now I want to create some playlists using emodio. But I can’t, or rather I can create playlists but I can’t populate them! Does anybody know how to do this with emodio? It’s driving me mad. I’ve tried every combination of drag drop right click double click but nothing works.I’m usiing emodio 1.0.6.4 on 64bit vista (yp-p3 firmware 2.14)Thanks, K

Anastasia on November 2, 2009 6:33 PM

It worked for me perfectly fine but, I guess being a citizen of Canada, I can’t buy anything that goes with the program so, for now, it’s just a normal ipod type program that comes with cames and awesome screensavers :P

Rover on April 9, 2010 5:26 PM

Does Emodio work with Windows 7?