SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC- Double Your Player’s Capacity

microsd main SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC  Double Your Player’s Capacity

One of the great things about SanDisk’s line of Sansa MP3 players it the microSD card slot. All of them have this feature except for the Sansa Clip. This means you can double, sometimes triple the capacity of the player relatively cheap. The microSD slot is a great future proofing or rather life extending feature on an MP3 player.

While SanDisk Sansa players lead the industry in upgradable and removable storage there are a few others that contain that will be able to take advantage of this microSD card. These players include the Insignias, the Cowon D2, Creative Zen, and some of the newer irivers like the E100 and the Spinn.

sandisk ultra mobile microsd 1 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC  Double Your Player’s Capacitysandisk ultra mobile microsd 2 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC  Double Your Player’s Capacitysandisk ultra mobile microsd 3 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC  Double Your Player’s Capacitysandisk ultra mobile microsd 4 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC  Double Your Player’s Capacitysandisk ultra mobile microsd 5 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC  Double Your Player’s Capacitysandisk ultra mobile microsd 6 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC  Double Your Player’s Capacitysandisk ultra mobile microsd 7 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC  Double Your Player’s Capacitysandisk ultra mobile microsd 8 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC  Double Your Player’s Capacity

The big feature of this card is the increased speed. I ran a few benchmark tests using the supplied micro adapter and found it to have a transfer rate of about 18-20mbps. This was about a 100% increase from SanDisk’s previous non “Ultra Moble” microSD cards. In terms of using this with your MP3 player, you will save a few min filling an entire card. I tested it on my Treo 750 as well and it was noticeably faster running applications directly from the card.

The Ultra Mobile retails for $35, $60, & $120 in 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB respectively. However if the speed is not that important, SanDisk’s other standard microSD cards sell for about half on Amazon.

wu-tangsnow on June 3, 2008 3:20 PM

I own an e200 and every-time you turn the player with the SD card in it you have to wait for the entire library on the card to load. Around 12 min. with 8gb(not exactly realistic). This is a big reason why I will not be buying Sandisk products in the future. Not exactly worth the hastle.

helpme123 on June 3, 2008 3:48 PM

@wu-tangsnowwell, they fixed that problem in the fuze. so don’t be hating sandisk.

dragnandy on June 3, 2008 7:45 PM

one reason why i dont like the sansa line-up is because they are all MICRO-sd cards. why cant they be SD? it would be so much better. because those SD cards are practically dirt cheap compared to micro-sd

fallstar on June 3, 2008 10:01 PM

What kind of USB hub is that? It looks sweet!

No Really on June 3, 2008 10:15 PM

The problem is the microSD. The 16GB SDHC cards are cheap enough now that the D2 and Archos 405 are the way to go with SDHC.Looking forward to the Spinn though.An A3 based on flash with SDHC slot would be pretty happy, too.

No Really on June 3, 2008 10:17 PM

The microSD is not so happy.Cowon D2 and Archos 405 with SDHC slots is pretty happy.A Cowon A3 successor based on flash with SDHC slot would be even happier.

michael on June 3, 2008 11:27 PM

@helpme123Thanks for clarifying. I dont hate sandisk. I felt they were the best a yr and 2 yrs ago. Now I feel they’ve just been surpassed by many other companies when they were #2 not so long ago. I love Sandisk. I just am committed to the best player at the time of purchase which I’m sad to say IMO (feel free to have yours) isn’t Sandisk anymore.

michael on June 3, 2008 11:27 PM

michael on June 3, 2008 11:28 PM

@helpme123: Thanks for clarifying. I dont hate sandisk. I felt they were the best a yr and 2 yrs ago. Now I feel they’ve just been surpassed by many other companies when they were #2 not so long ago. I love Sandisk. I just am committed to the best player at the time of purchase which I’m sad to say IMO (feel free to have yours) isn’t Sandisk anymore.

vēer on June 4, 2008 3:47 AM

And i expected some news about new clip models :D

helpme123 on June 4, 2008 4:19 PM

@micahel ok, i understandBTW: the title of the articles or w.e. reads: SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC- Double You Player’s Capacityit should say: SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC- Double Your Player’s Capacity

Rudhra on June 5, 2008 5:39 AM

[quote]These players include the Insignias, the Cowon D2, Creative Zen, and some of the newer irivers like the E100 and the Spinn.[/quote]OOOHH WAIT! The Spinn supports microSD? How do you know that? I like it but I can’t believe it!

Mushroom on June 7, 2008 7:08 PM

Okay, so if the Clip is exempt from this microSD upgrade (a fact I know as a 4gb Clip owner), why is the card reader next to a Clip in that photo? That’s why I clicked on this link, yo.

Mattman243 on June 8, 2008 10:13 PM

@fallenstarThe hub is the D-Link DUB-H7 High Speed USB 2.0 7-Port Hub. It looks pretty nice too.

cBc on June 9, 2008 3:38 PM

Rockboxed e200 V.1 Sansas handle the larger micro-SDHC cards easilyI’ve got an e280, that rocks it on 8GB card beautifully.

matt on August 26, 2008 11:32 PM

hi i want to pick up a fuze with 4gb. how big of mini sd card can it read up to?

J. Robert on March 28, 2009 9:55 AM

Dear Madam/sir,2 month back i purchased Sandisk (sansa) 1GB i-pod code No: BB0711AGMK.I proudly to say its really amazing to hearing the music.But 2 day back suddenly my battery getting down its not charging. i given the purchased shop they said battery is weak so replace it. They said if u want to change the battery it will take 4 to 5 months. they can’t helpless.so pls. help me bcoz i am sandisk lover compare to any other one. how to rectify this problem..? where i will go to give service..? pls. tell me the solution for me.I look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with Sandisk i-pod.regards,J. Robert. 0-98411 36101 /0-98426 42888my mail id: kj_robert@yahoo.co.in