Sony E430, More of the Same Sony

sony e430 Sony E430, More of the Same Sony

I’m not going to try to understand the reasoning behind Sony’s product line. Much of the last two generations of Sony Walkmans have been a lot of the same some with slight changes, a feature here, a feature there. And the E430 looks like the same. This is not really a bad thing since these have all be really nice players, but it does get a bit confusing as to which one to buy.

There is a bit of saving grace to this news Sony Insider states that they have seen the new specs for other upcoming players and they are much more exciting than this (I can verify this as well). So for the Sony fans, hang on, there is more coming.

In the mean time if you would like to know what this player is about, you can check out one of these reviews to get a general idea: A810, A820, S710, S610.

[Sony NZ via Engadget | thanks nywytboy68]

JawnyG on August 18, 2008 6:50 PM

So, does this replace the A820, and fix some glitches, like the 610′s problems with displaying some tags if it was “drag ‘n droped” into the player?Does this E430, etc., fix problems like this?Do you see them EVER adding FLAC to the codecs? I REALLY want this and 32GB+ size.If they address these very few problems, I’d BUY ONE IN A HEART BEAT! My daughter has the 610 or something like that, and I LOVE it.

David on August 18, 2008 9:10 PM

There is a bit of saving grace to this news Sony Insider states that they have seen the new specs for other upcoming players and they are much more exciting than this (I can verify this as well). So for the Sony fans, hang on, there is more comingYou probably can’t say whats coming, but can you at least let us know when? Will Sony finally break the 16 gig limit?

juggleboy711 on August 19, 2008 1:44 AM

It seems a lot like the Zen line up. Good players, just a lot of the same stuff.

RedSky on August 19, 2008 9:16 AM

I wouldn’t really call Zen good, but that’s just my opinion.Yeah, can’t wait to see what they have on offer. If it’s sound quality matches or is better than the previous set of players, and there’s a 32gb version, I’d get one straight away.

AA on August 22, 2008 3:46 AM

No Clear bass or DSEE.No service manual yet-would be on docs.sony.com/reflib

DontBuySonyMP3 on November 27, 2009 3:25 PM

Don’t buy Sony NWZ-E436F.Because:1. It doesn’t have a sleep timer.2. Very fragile to get damaged from a tiny everyday electric shock.3. Slow boot up time.4. It won’t work properly unless update the PC.5. Music play screen looks ugly.