8GB Sansa Clip Coming Soon?

8gbclip 8GB Sansa Clip Coming Soon?

The Sansa Clip has sold beyond all expectations and SanDisk’s willingness to listen to users when it comes to adding features have made it a really good choice for an MP3 player. The one gripe people have had with it is lack of storage as even though it has a bigger brother (the Fuze) capable of both 8GB capacities and microSD expansion, the Clip itself has maxed out at 4GB…until now.

A French store selling all versions of the Clip has a posting of a 8GB clip available in both black and silver like the 4GB version. It’s currently listed as a pre-order with unknown release date for the black version and a September 30th release date for the silver version, which happens to be tomorrow. While it’s unlikely it will come out tomorrow it does appear to be legit; the price of about 90 Euro is far higher than that of the 65 Euro 4GB version and so it’s doubtful it’s a typo. If it turns out to be true this should make a lot of people happy, me included.

[Materiel.net] (thanks Benoit for the tip!)

Justin on September 29, 2008 10:35 AM

I have a little 1GB Clip and I have to say, it’s the best thing since sliced bread!

true on September 29, 2008 1:11 PM

Amazon.de has the player for 50€.http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/b001gctr3c/geizhalspre03-21/ref=nosim?m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XFThats a really good price, I paid 38€ for 2GB two month ago.

Sigmund_Freud on September 29, 2008 3:15 PM

I’d love a 8GB Clip with a brighter screen and FLAC support.

dan on September 29, 2008 3:54 PM

Still no folder function? How long will it take for sansa to realise putting folder function is just as important as file size?

Whackpak on September 29, 2008 6:21 PM

I hope rockxbox will run on it

beteks on September 29, 2008 8:01 PM

that’s cool. 8gbs and great sound in one small package.I don’t really see what’s the point of having rockbox on the clip though.

Timberg on September 30, 2008 1:08 PM

I hope the Shuffle is rolling over in it’s grave. Wait…Apple still makes Shuffles? Why?

Tim on September 30, 2008 1:24 PM

If they revise the clip in the future. What would be cool is if they keep the same form factor but add a larger color OLED screen for album art and cool visualizations.But that’s being ungrateful and greedy. I can’t wait till I can get my hands on a black 8GB Clip. Hopefully another feature could be added. Like line-in/out mode and folder browsing.

Zoodar on September 30, 2008 10:00 PM

“I’d love a 8GB Clip with a brighter screen and FLAC support.”- Doesn’t the Clip have support for FLAC already?

Sigmund_Freud on October 1, 2008 9:30 AM

“Doesn’t the Clip have support for FLAC already?”No, today it supports MP3, WMA, WAV and Ogg Vorbis.

john on October 11, 2008 7:59 AM

“”Doesn’t the Clip have support for FLAC already?”No, today it supports MP3, WMA, WAV and Ogg Vorbis.”They support FLAC – with new firmware 1.30

Tony on October 15, 2008 11:37 PM

I love my 2GB Sansa Clip. Small, lite, and easy to use. The only draw back is I want to put more music on it. The 8Gb is going to rock!

beteks on October 19, 2008 1:03 PM

Sounds great, can’t wait for the 8gb clip!!

Antonio on October 22, 2008 1:37 PM

This site says it’s coming on October 27, which is less than a week away.http://www.pcdeli.co.uk/proddetail/85697/Sandisk_8Gb_MP3_Player_Sansa_Clip_W_Fm_Radio_Silver/

beteks on October 22, 2008 8:29 PM

I’m excited! it’s coming out this week, but what colors is the clip coming in? I love the silver color though it’s fresh!

hesters on October 23, 2008 11:47 AM

I ordered mine at amazon. Should arrive on Monday.

Sinocelt on November 9, 2008 8:19 AM

Like Dan, I’d be more excited by the addition of a folder view. Scandisk keeps updating its firmware, true, but mostly to correct problems with its tag-based system — problem which wouldn’t exist with a folder view.

paul on December 3, 2008 5:47 PM

i’m saying mine is broken and taking it back,i had a zen with folders,the fact that i now have an 4 gig player with no folder view blows,first and last one i will buy

Mr. Mentor on April 18, 2009 5:53 PM

Greetings, anything but Ipod readers..Here we are in April at the time of this writing – still no Sansa Clip 8GB. Several of the Web based announcements for the upcoming 8GB Sansa Clip were written back in the Autumn of 2008! Will half of 2009 have gone by before ‘we’ see a 8GB Clip, if at all?Meanwhile, as you’ve probably noticed, the competition is moving to 16GB and now 32GB MP3 players. Granted, the clip has a small footprint, but 8GB by mid 2009 shouldn’t be too much to ask for!IF there are technical ‘issues’ that Sandisk needs to address and are the cause or causes for the delay, this is something that these various Web based publications *should* be reporting on.

RDK on April 24, 2009 12:24 AM

I feel bad for you guys because I got mine when walmart use to carry them and it happened to be on the exact day they went on clearance so I got my 8gb for $50.

TEB on April 26, 2009 10:31 AM