New Creative Zen Vision Media Player or Zen Internet Tablet?

creative mp New Creative Zen Vision Media Player or Zen Internet Tablet?

Here is a patent [PDF] that Creative filed on January first of this year with figure #1 description saying, “…a perspective view of a media player showing our new design”. Could this be a new Zen Vision or one of the Zens that got axed?

It was rumored that there was a Zen that was to have Wi-Fi, Touch Screen, and GPS but was cut from the roster due to not being able to technically pull it off. That story would fit with the pictures and the date of the patent. Was or will be. We don’t know.

With all the features mentioned above plus what looks to be a camera and maybe a place for a stylus- you could probably call this a Internet tablet.

Thanks BobbyRS

new creative 1 thumb 150x112 New Creative Zen Vision Media Player or Zen Internet Tablet?new creative 2 thumb 150x112 New Creative Zen Vision Media Player or Zen Internet Tablet?new creative 3 thumb 150x112 New Creative Zen Vision Media Player or Zen Internet Tablet?new creative 5 thumb 150x112 New Creative Zen Vision Media Player or Zen Internet Tablet?new creative 4 thumb 150x112 New Creative Zen Vision Media Player or Zen Internet Tablet?new creative 6 thumb 150x112 New Creative Zen Vision Media Player or Zen Internet Tablet?

dirtyrotten on September 10, 2008 9:44 PM

creative has “dropped the ball” on its last few efforts on creating pmp/mp3 devices that can compete with the ipod. i’m no longer interested in what new, potential devices they can offer in the future. that company is not in touch with what the general public look for in an mp3 player.they are to ipods/zunes/p2, as gemini is to technics. once considered good competition, now just a joke.

juggleboy711 on September 11, 2008 1:55 AM

I like the camera and i wish more devices (besides phone) implimented that. Even the Ipod touch, I’d consider buying. I really hope the P3 will have it though. It’s on my list even before Wi-fi. If it does, I’ll sel my 16gb p2. (I live in the US so i figure their will be a few interested.) But maybe not because it will be soo cool!

Aaron on September 11, 2008 5:11 AM

I have an extensive music collection (over 17,000) songs, and I stopped carrying CD’s with me after the last time mine were stolen out of my car. It’s much easier for me to buy CD’s and rip them, and then take them with me wherever I go in MP3 format.I’ve given up on Creative after they continued to release pointless players with minimal storage, effectively cutting their competition with the Apple iPod out of the picture. At least MS is trying to stay in the market by offering a larger HDD-based player, AND a flash-based player, just as Apple does.I bought a Zune 80 and am thus far happy with my purchase. Sad too, because I used to be a hardcore Creative fanboy a couple years ago, and would bash anything that wasn’t a Creative player due to the fact that they had the best player on the market (the Vision: M). After they discontinued the Vision: M and backed out of the HDD market (yes, I know the reasons against using HDD’s inmp3 players), and introduced the Zen flash-based players, I simply stopped caring.

Tuoyo on September 11, 2008 12:59 PM

I have owned the original Creative Zen Nomad Jukebox, a Creative Zen Xtra, a Creative Zen Sleek, and a Creative Zen Vision M. I always found the Creative mp3 players to be very good alternatives to Ipod (which I can’t use because I don’t want to become a commoner and virtually all my music files are WMV format). I have had a cracked screen on my Creative Zen Vision M and so I am currently back to using the Creative Zen Sleek.I have been waiting for Creative to release a suitable upgrade to the Zen Vision M but I have been seriously disappointed with their recent offerings. I want something with suitable space to store all my music files and tons of video files and something that can play divx files direct without the need for conversion.Creative have for some reason decided that they will leave the high capacity segment of the market to Apple and I can’t understand the reasoning there. Now I am waiting to see what Microsoft (or some other company) has to offer as Creative has clearly lost the plot.

d on October 15, 2008 10:58 PM

creative isn’t making high capacity players anymore?! oh, what am i supposed to buy now? i have a little zen stone plus, and was waiting for them to come out with an 80, 120, 160 GB player. what a disappointment.

Ben on November 23, 2008 8:41 PM

They are actually going to be coming out with a 320GB and 160GB player sometime next year. I’ve been told that the 320GB player will run $350.

Popcorn on January 8, 2009 9:49 AM

Where are you getting that info from about the 320gb and 160gb players?

Bens Popcorn on January 14, 2009 3:09 PM

Sounds like a good ole school Rectum Pluctis to me

My Name on March 21, 2009 7:08 PM

The patent claims that Creative intended this design to be a new media player. Not an internet tablet. However, I don’t see any headphone jack. I’m a little confused in this.On the other hand, Creative could very well use bluetooth or other wireless technology for headphones or earbuds. But I’m sure others, like me, won’t want to pay extra for wireless headphones/earbuds.I’d imagine this being a new zen. It has the classic power switch and the classic ripples on the back. However the device seems a little “button heavy.” I say that in regards that this seems like it has more buttons than it needs.With rumors going around about the Zen Zii and the “leaked” interface photos, they do match this device. With the new stem-cell Zii technology maybe this device will do more than we could ever imagine. That could be the reason for its extra buttons. The “leaked” photos are also widescreen so they’d match this design.Also, if you search on Youtube you will find that reviews on the Zen Vision W said that it would be great if it had a camera. From the looks of this design, it seems that there is a camera in the back.Obviously this won’t have a touch screen. That is a wish that Creative has not yet granted. With the two up and down switches, at least one is bound to be a directional pad.A lot of people liked the Zen Vision family so this looks like a continuation of the line. This would be a smart decision for Creative because their recent players haven’t been a hit… At all. I’m eager to see what this device is to bring.To me, this looks like the Creative Zen Zii is just around the corner.