Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.30 Released

8gbclip Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.30 Released

After we learned about the 8GB Sansa Clip a few days ago the crave for a new firmware and FLAC support has grown even stronger. Well people you can stop hoping, FLAC support is now available along with other updates through the 01.01.30FW.

Along with FLAC support the update brings general upgrades like better M3U playlist support and faster database updates. There are also a lot of bug fixes which alone should be worth the update. Along with the 01.01.30 firmware theres a 2.01.16 update apparently linked to “hardware revision 2″. No one really knows what this is at the moment but it might be the 8GB Clip. Hit the jump for a changelog on 01.01.30.

[ABi Forum Download Page|SanDisk Forum Official Release Thread]

Enhancements

• FLAC decoder support
  • Allow Podcasts to skip episodes using FF / REW
  • New startup and shutoff images
  • Improved the time to rebuild the metadata
  • Improved M3U playlist support
  • Enhancements for sorting Podcast contents which do not have their track number ID3 tag information
  • Separate missing license error message for Audible and generic Audiobooks. Message changed to instruct the customer in how to resolve the problem

Bug Fixes

• OGG placed in Audiobook or podcast folder shows up in Music directory
  • Delete song from a long playlist causes the device to hang
  • Selecting “Back to Music List” while playing FM/Voice recordings will display double “Play All” on screen & will cause device to hang upon selecting “Play All”
  • Certain tag information for mp3 files will cause the device to hang or freeze
  • Made OGG file Tags not case sensitive
  • Noise problem on voice recording
  • Device in MTP mode will jump back to AutoSelect mode after UI format
  • Device behaves erratically when file extension got changed (i.e. .txt to .mp3, .jpg to .wma)
  • All Audiobooks should show 1/1 if Chapter Mode is OFF
  • Certain Rhapsody tracks show clicking noises
  • Deactivation message “Synchronize to listen to your Audiobooks” for Audible is uninformative and irrelevant

Martin Sägmüller on October 3, 2008 4:43 PM

Man, the new startup logo is fugly… all jagged and amateurish looking. As if some intern whipped it up in MS Paint. :p

dan on October 3, 2008 5:27 PM

This is great! But still now folder function? Come on!

sign on October 5, 2008 5:00 AM

Hope we can get the same for Sansa View, support for flac is very nice – kudos to SanDisk!

Zoodar on October 5, 2008 5:06 PM

“Along with the 01.01.30 firmware theres a 2.01.16 update apparently linked to “hardware revision 2″. No one really knows what this is at the moment but it might be the 8GB Clip.”I hope it’s a View v2. :)

joe on October 6, 2008 3:51 PM

Yea! Somebody found vorbis! About time!!!

OctaneZ on October 6, 2008 6:11 PM

Anyone else experiencing painfully long wait time when you power on your Clip with the new firmware?

Fred Flinstone on October 8, 2008 8:15 AM

Martin Sägmüller, what?I think the old startup and shutdown animations were amateurish looking. I prefer the new ones. I suppose you can never satisfy everybody. :-P

GK on October 15, 2008 3:55 PM

I just installed the 01.01.30 firmware and the device no longer recognizes my music. While the unit is plugged in, my music appears using Windows Explorer. Anyone know of a fix?

Greg on October 21, 2008 2:10 PM

Fla support is nice. I have two clips. But you won’t be getting many songs on a 2 or 4 gigger.

WaterBoy on October 22, 2008 11:29 AM

No thanks………mine is working well with the previous firmware and I don’t want FLAC……I see too many people having problems after updating to this firmware.

Haroon on October 22, 2008 4:53 PM

I have the same problem as GK, music no longer in lists, but still taking memory space.Though more important than flac support is cue files. This is really important for long dj mixes for example.

Joshua on October 29, 2008 4:00 PM

I bought a 1GB Sansa Clip last night and under system info it says V2.01.09A which according to Sansa means I have hardware revision 2.

Figut on November 29, 2008 8:14 AM

I mean fw 01.01.18 sounds better than the newest. Do you agree that?

JoaoV on February 8, 2009 9:44 AM

Is it just me or no one thought about the acceleration on the scroll-through ?? If you have an 8GB version I reckon that’s a huge problem…