Cowon O2 Gets SDK

cowon o2 dnp Cowon O2 Gets SDK

An SDK aka Software Development Kit is basically a package that will allow users with development skills to make their own applications for a player. This is what allows people to make apps for the iPhone, for instance. With the Samsung P2 users have been wanting an SDK since the player came out, without luck. Cowon O2 users however are luckier and Cowon has released an SDK for the O2 with the player having been on the market only a few weeks.

To use the SDK the player needs to be using firmware 1.12, which is currently in beta stages. The SDK itself is available to download for free from Cowon’s site. This should certainly make the player even more sought after and we can only hope the S9 will get the same treatment once that’s out.

[Cowon Global via GenerationMP3]

LLMP on November 16, 2008 2:09 PM

That is awesome but will the D2, be able to have different applications as the O2 is a sick video player but not really a mp3 player. So i would rather have a mp3 player have applications to.

rospaya on November 16, 2008 3:18 PM

Damn, I’d buy the O2 any day, but physical buttons are a must for me. Touchscreen navigation is OK in this case, but I need the ability to change songs “on the blind” when the player is in my pocket.

Froad on November 16, 2008 5:38 PM

What LLMP?In any case this sounds really cool. Watch out itouch!

Kimmy on November 16, 2008 7:06 PM

Ill probably be purchasing this when i go to korea in early January, so can you please post the review soon^^

Martin Sägmüller on November 16, 2008 8:24 PM

I’ve downloaded the SDK. Seems that either the O2 runs Linux, or the SDK only works on a Linux machine, I’m not quite sure. Programming language is C++, so it’s not for the faint of heart.

James Forelo on November 16, 2008 11:19 PM

I hope this isn’t one of those features that helps it compete in a different market than the S9.

Light on November 17, 2008 5:04 PM

Spelling and grammar check. Use it.