iriver to Unveil a New “Wave” of Devices at CES

iriver wave iriver to Unveil a New “Wave” of Devices at CES

I just got word from iriver that they will be showing off some new devices at CES 2009. I’m told that these devices will include PMPs, MP3 players, and GPS devices. These devices are also said to be “sleek and unique mobile networking devices” so start your imagination and hypothesizing.

Last year iriver’s booth and device showing was quite impressive- best of show in my opinion. You can check out my pics in last year’s iriver round up here. Do stick with us during CES coverage we will be sure to bring you the 411 on the latest iriver.

BTW: The word “Wave” was given to me in quotes so I perhaps that is some sort of clue as to what these devices entail? Any ideas? Perhaps the obvious “iriver WAVE”?

Update: I missed this one, Pocketables points out that the Wave is just a W7 turned phone. My excitement has turned into dismay. Lets keep our fingers crossed for more.

Jai on November 25, 2008 2:03 AM

I wonder if iRiver’s going to use the Spinn’s wheel, it’d be cool to see it on a smaller device.(Btw, Grahm, unviel -> unveil)

MsieurDams on November 25, 2008 2:59 AM

“networking” would in my opinion refer to some quite large devices, as the Archos 5 would be ; it should gather wifi and bluetooth connectivity, and be able to make runs on the Internet.Also we can imagine some tiny devices, which may have some special interfaces to connect with MP3 stores or online videos websites.In all cases, we should expect that Iriver makes some cool devices and shouldn’t forget about the SD/MMC expansion slot!

nywytboy68 on November 25, 2008 5:27 AM

Too bad iriver comes out hard, then disappoints!! The Spinn was going to be my next player, but “meh” sound quality killed it, plus the low capacities. I really hope they return to the excellence they’re capable of.

H30 on November 25, 2008 10:35 AM

clix 3 or don’t bother

lauinbeta on November 25, 2008 2:59 PM

iriver really needs to step up with a good competitor for the market. Something reasonable priced that kicks a–.

Peter D. Lai on November 27, 2008 7:17 PM

There’s already a product page for the iriver wave.http://product.iriver.co.kr/p_w10_over.asp