Samsung Introduces U5 DoReMi

samsung u5 Samsung Introduces U5 DoReMi

Samsung’s U3 was a decent sized fail and the U4 more or less came and went without anyone noticing. Samsung hasn’t given up on stick players, and is back with the U5 – also called DoReMi.

The specs are basically the same as any other stick player out there; 4 line OLED screen, integrated USB plug, 18 hours of battery life and an FM radio. It will come it 2, 4 and 8GB capacities, but no pricing or release date is known at this point.

P2 Club via GenerationMP3]

Jack4L on February 12, 2009 3:16 AM

What kinda subliminal message are they trying to send with the DoReMi thing? :P I think the fact that they are capitalising DRM would make me just want to avoid the player ;)

warisz00r on February 12, 2009 3:57 AM

^LOL good one

ilove on February 12, 2009 4:49 AM

Good………

anonymous coward on February 12, 2009 7:25 AM

I’ve liked my U3 a lot and although I’d really like straight ums function, I haven’t been willing to flash the firmware and exchange artist/album sorting for flat ums. Still, I LOVE the fact I don’t need to buy batteries or carry around an extra cable/adapter to charge it or transfer files. This has been very handy in Afghanistan. Curious what features are different/upgraded…

Shorty15c4 on February 12, 2009 6:54 PM

DoReMi….Fa?So?La?=DThe “Now playing” screen doesnt look so bad though, nice little layout for such a small screen. I wish the battery life was longer though, that would have been nice.

frees on February 13, 2009 2:34 AM

This one looks like pregnancy test thing ^_^ lol

Zoodar on February 13, 2009 8:08 AM

To me 18 hours of battery life seems a bit short, regarding the player only has a 4 line OLED screen. And still, who would by a player with 2 gigabyte these days?

Thunderwing on February 15, 2009 6:41 PM

I dig stick players. If this played FLAC I’d grab a 4 or 8 gig just to have it around.

Bingzhong on February 18, 2009 2:47 PM

Does this not remind you of an iriver t7? Excluding the size difference.

Thainguu on March 6, 2010 1:57 AM

I have this one, I think this player have a good sound enough for me – an amater hearer :lol: In flat EQ, it’s better than Nokia 5320 Express music, as good as Sony S543 Walkman…I’m happy with this player because it’s very cheap on my country: about 1300000 VND (~ 68$)Can anybody give me another idea, I want to upgrade my player now…