Archos Clipper – Like the Sansa Clip With an “er” and Without the Screen

archos clipper main Archos Clipper – Like the Sansa Clip With an “er” and Without the Screen

I’m not sure Archos can get away with adding “er” to a product that is not only the same, but in the same sub category without getting a call from SanDisk’s lawyers. Though I don’t think SanDisk has much to worry about considering the faith of other screenless players near the same rock bottom price.

Archos Clipper follows the same screenless path as the Samsung Pebble or the Creative Zen Stone, but offers a clip just like, well… the Sansa Clip. The Archos Clipper sells for around $30 and comes in a 2GB capacity.

[My Memory]

matus201 on July 27, 2009 8:20 PM

Is there any, even slightest, reason why buy this and not sansa clip if you have $30 to spare?

al on July 27, 2009 8:34 PM

It’s french

Wardell on July 27, 2009 9:25 PM

Maybe I’m mistaken but shouldn’t the title read With an “er” and without the screen?

Luke on July 27, 2009 11:41 PM

@Wardellyes

mmm on July 28, 2009 3:53 PM

Maybe they should’ve called it the ‘Stoner’ instead.

MusicLuver on July 29, 2009 8:55 PM

…you can get a sansa clip for like $20 more….but at least they aren’t selling a screenless mp3 player for 80 dollars *cough*apple*cough*

edward on July 29, 2009 10:19 PM

This is a cute Archos clipper mp3 player indeed, but is there any usb socket to ease songs transferring from laptop or pc?

Jeff on August 2, 2009 7:01 PM

I think it looks cool. Looks like one of those car unlocking things that come with your keys, so that you can do it from far away. Therefore it might look good attached to your keys.

joda on August 7, 2009 2:28 PM

This weighs only half what the Sansa Clip weighs, and is smaller (only slightly larger than the iriver S10, the smallest actually-produced mp3 player I’m aware of) (no, the cube mp3 player thing doesn’t count– ‘cuz it’s fat).For me, this may be perfect. I’m going to cut my headphone cord short and glue this little mp3 player directly to it. Workout with no wires. (I had the Sony wireless mp3 player headphones, but returned them).

Attila Torok on October 20, 2010 12:50 AM

I bought one a few weeks ago. It has a short, two to three inches long USB cable that is used both for transferring music files and for charging the built-in battery.

The product concept is great for what I need: a limited number of mp3 files for practicing Spanish listening. On, off, shuffle, fast forward/reverse to next file, fast forward/reverse to next folder, this is all I need.

I love the design. VERY light and pleasant to fidget with. However…

…tomorrow I am returning my Archos Clipper to the store because the software freezes when I want to jump from one folder to another folder. I hear continuous beeping and the thing won’t respond to anything. You cannot turn it off and your PC won’t read it… I have to wait until the battery discharges (a day at least) and then start it. But the freezing occurs again…