Samsung M1 Gets Tegra- Gives Zune HD Some Competition

samsung m1 tegra main Samsung M1 Gets Tegra  Gives Zune HD Some Competition

Just a few weeks ago the Samsun M1 was leaked in our forums with little detail. But some of those details are starting to emerge on Samsung’s Korean site. On the site we get more of a clear image of the device along with a few more specs such as a 3.3” AMOLED screen and NVIDIA chip. The site however only mentions the non-us version infused with DMB- a digital broadcasting technology not available in the US. We will have to keep our fingers crossed for a US appearance.

It’s exciting to see this next wave of PMP and MP3 players take advantage of this new generation of powerful graphics chips. The M1 and the Creative Zii will be some great alternatives to the Zune HD for those who want a more open approach to their media players.

[Samsung Korea via dapreview]

samsung m1 tegra 2 Samsung M1 Gets Tegra  Gives Zune HD Some Competition

SRKenna on August 3, 2009 1:55 PM

Finally, something I can hope for and possibly even look forward to. I mentioned in a previous post that as much as I admired the P3, it still just didn’t cut it for me. If this appears in the US, I’ll most likely get this over the ZuneHD.

Randominality on August 3, 2009 5:01 PM

>zune hd!non closed ecosystem ftw

Brien Pafford on August 3, 2009 5:51 PM

samsung seems to be playing copycat. amoled screen? one of the main differences between the s9 and p3..

Relyt on August 3, 2009 7:17 PM

P3 now or M1 later? ZuneHD is (unfortunately) out of the picture since I have a mac.@Brian P – Samsung makes amoled screens so they could have used them whenever they wanted too. Also, the iriver clix2 had one before all of them.

blu240 on August 4, 2009 12:24 AM

if it doesn’t have wifi, that’ll be pushing it, but it does have micro SD!

h1a8 on August 4, 2009 6:14 AM

S9 will still have an advantage. It has gapless playback!!

tony on August 4, 2009 4:11 PM

Samsung needs to do more than add Tegra to compete with Zune, it needs a better UI, better podcast handling, and wi-fi.

JohnDoe on August 4, 2009 9:22 PM

Well, it doesn’t actually mention Tegra anywhere, just an NVIDIA chipset (although I don’t think I know of any other NVIDIA mobile chipset than Tegra)

Relyt on August 5, 2009 4:41 PM

@JohnDoe – Well there is also NVIDIA Ion but that’s more for netbooks and might be too much for a device like this (also would jack the price up).

yj on August 5, 2009 9:53 PM

omg….when is this coming out? I can’t waitttt :) SO much better than iTouch…AMOLED screen :D

PowerTorsk on August 7, 2009 8:48 PM

What would I want a Tegra sporting PMP for if it can’t even do WiFi/netbrowsing? And if it’s a proprietary platform, forget games…Zune HD for me…

Jason on August 9, 2009 2:31 AM

@PowerTorsk, woa there, it says 3Gsupport. w.e. that means, sounds like it can do web browsing.