SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly

sansa clip plus disassembly SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly

Everyone loves to peek inside and see what makes these players tick and its always helpful to see them pulled apart for future repair or swapping out parts for customization.

The Clip+ resembles the original clip insides but with some upgraded silicone. Disassembling was easier than the original and fairly straight forward with the right tools. All you will need is a slim piece of plastic to pry the two half apart and a small screw driver. You can take apart and put back together the Clip+ without damaging the plastic housing if you are careful. Before your start, take a look at the pictures and mind where the latches are that hold the two pieces together. Then carefully pry at those locations. Good luck!

“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 01 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 02 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 03 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 04 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 05 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 06 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 07 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 08 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 09 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 10 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 11 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 12 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 13 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 14 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 15 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 16 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly“>sandisk sansa clip plus disassembly 17 thumb 150x112 SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Plus Disassembly

WalkGood on August 31, 2009 2:55 PM

Thanks, now the long wait for rockbox or if sandisk ever comes around to adding gapless :p

paulr on August 31, 2009 6:41 PM

Nice! Can you post the dimensions of the battery as accurately as possible, including the thickness? Please consider this a standing request for all disassemblies. The idea is to identify possible sources of replacement batteries. Thanks!

1shado1 on September 1, 2009 8:53 AM

Love your reviews! Always excellently done, and very informative. Keep up the good work! But you really need someone to proofread your copy for spelling/grammatical errors before posting. If you need a volunteer, here I am. : )

Caleb on September 1, 2009 4:13 PM

Interestingly there’s a chunk of PCB connected to it.. Hmmm.. Might not get too lucky with off-the-shelves replacement batteries. Was thinking if the batteries can be replaced with a higher capacity one instead. *haha*

Squargle on September 1, 2009 6:00 PM

@ Caleb, perhaps the PCB is just secured by tape (see image 8)? The battery itself looks quite generic too so I think it is possible to replace it (no doubt voiding the warranty).

tristan on September 3, 2009 12:45 PM

It does have gapless playback!I got one monday and its better than the first gen, volume seems louder also.

ruben on September 24, 2009 10:55 AM

Hi all,when is the clip+ be available in Canada?Anyone has infor on this?Love to have one!Thanks

Tim on October 4, 2009 12:13 AM

Very Intersting for when I need to replace the battery.My clip+ case looks pretty tight to split. Could you please elaborate on the piece of plastic you used to pry the clip open.Thanks

Adam Pracht on January 24, 2010 8:56 PM

I’m interested in using a few images for a review on the Clip +. Could I have permission to use your work? Just drop me an e-mail. Thanks!-Adam

kedric on February 28, 2010 10:42 PM

woooohooooo you guys r the best thanks ….life savers ….this is gonna b the first place i check everytime from now on

Sergio B on March 4, 2010 7:33 PM

Mine just broke so I really need to disassemble it.I accidentally dropped it and a little piece inside (attached to the volume) got loose.I am really interested on the piece of plastic you used. Is there a commercial name for that?Thanks

Clip+ Lover on May 7, 2010 2:42 AM

Came here just to post this as I know people are wondering…Possible battery replacement?I’d offer that in my spare batteries bin, I have an Apple ipod Mini battery that looks to be a very close match to the one in the Clip+ (per the nice photos here – I haven’t opened mine.).There are many generic Mini batteries on ebay, even down to $1 shipped, from HK! (I don’t know how they do it!).I have a generic iPod Mini battery that has 3x the mAh than the stock Clip+ battery – 900mAh (or so claimed on the label)!The dimensions of this Mini battery is 30mm x 40mm x 4mm. There are three wires, red, black and white. I think this might be the one! That’ll be great!Hope this helps.Thanks for the nice photos!

Caleb on May 23, 2010 2:26 PM

Hey Clip+ Lover,Sorry for the reply, but thanks for the great update there! =)I am still pondering about the PCB case though. I am looking at some of the Ipod Mini’s battery, thinking of how the PCB attached to the battery of the Clip+ would connect to the Ipod Mini’s battery, as it seems that with the normal Clip, the PCB on the battery is very much needed when further modifications on any other battery is done.http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55110Perhaps someone can shed some light on this matter? I’ll definitely be doing this mod sooner or later though. 900mAh will definitely boost the playtime of the Clip+!=) Thanks in advance!

jc on May 26, 2010 3:26 PM

The protection circuit attached to the battery is a non-issue. If it didn’t have one you would have to solder leads to the PCB, but with it you simply solder the leads from protection circuit to the battery tabs instead.

jc on May 26, 2010 3:28 PM

As for battery capacity, forget about trying to increase that, any battery the same size (max that will fit in the casing) will have the same or lower true capacity.Personally I try to avoid battery vendors with fake mAH ratings to discourage (or at least not reward) fraud.

Vaiomatico on September 29, 2010 4:24 PM

Does anyone know how this little switch is called you can see on picture seven? That one which is used by the Clip+ as the on/off-button.
My player doesn’t work anymore and I found out that the problem is that exactly this switch is broken. I want to replace it, but I do not know how this little switches are called.
Thanks in advance!

posfan12 on October 9, 2010 10:28 AM

Thanks for not mentioning that opening the case voids your warranty.

BTW, I have the same problem with the broken switch as the previous post.

Tom Perkins on December 28, 2010 2:01 AM

Who makes the display?

elShoggotho on February 3, 2011 8:58 AM

Thanks for this. Since I won’t be staying with the original casing, or even within the original specs and dimensions, I’m far more free regarding the choice of switch and battery replacements. Let’s hope that the battery has a voltage divisible by 1.2, I’m thinking of rechargeable AA batteries.