Official Sony Walkman S540 Series Demo Video

sony x540 demo Official Sony Walkman S540 Series Demo Video

Omar from Sony Europe walks us through the Sony S540 in this minute long piece of over-produced HD delight. Unfortunately, it really doesn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know.

According to Omar, the S540 plays music and video, has a 42 hour battery life for audio, 6.5 for video. It also has built-in stereo speakers, and has an FM radio, which it can also record from.

And of course, it is only 10.2mm slim. He doesn’t have mammoth hands, it really is that slim! Video after the jump.

[via Engadget]

Andy on September 4, 2009 7:55 AM

Looks nice, but expensive.

Leroy Bad on September 4, 2009 11:40 AM

He said absolutely nothing, that makes that better than other devices. Its all standard stuff.

DaHarder on September 4, 2009 1:39 PM

Question: How is this even news? I’ve had mine (S545/16gb) for over two weeks. Picked it up at Fry’s Electronics for 129.99.

DaHarder on September 4, 2009 1:51 PM

Andy… How is a high-quality/name-brand, full-featured 16gb media player for 129.99 Us expensive on any level? It’s some 70.00 US less expensive than the Nano, and is far more media-capable (FM/Recorder/etc.), in addition to sounding excellent. Hmmm?

Andy on September 5, 2009 12:19 AM

Thanks for pointing that out, DaHarder. I assumed it would be expensive like all their other players on the NZ market.

bouch on September 7, 2009 6:05 PM

Why oh why Sony!!! I mean they are the best for music sound quality, the only company that comes close is Samsung. I have not had a Creative but I hear there good.Sony should be where Apple is!!! Maybe they need to ask the public what we want, they just keep releasing the same shit, in a different form factor.Lets have a 3.8inch OLED Screen, capacitive screen. Memory card slot, Bluetooth, a camera Sony G Lens around 3.2mp with a flash and 30fps video at VGA, Flash support, FM radio, Microphone, etc…Then we have a devise worthy of making money.

ultrauber on September 7, 2009 8:22 PM

0:37 wow, a screen that “does audio”that’s a new one

MarvintheMartian on September 8, 2009 9:49 PM

I got this player yesterday, and it’s worth every penny of the price. Great sound, real buttons to push, and in black it doesn’t look quite so Disney-ish.I understand that those who own an S639 would not want this S545, because a few features are gone…so do the research people. I went into it knowing what features were there and I’m very pleased.