Videos Shot From Creative Zii EGG [New Firmware]

zii egg photos main Videos Shot From Creative Zii EGG [New Firmware]

For the developers, Creative released firmware version 92.02 for the Zii EGG. This update added support for media playback on the SD card, “3D close line effect” for browsing media in landscape mode, and a stretch effect when browsing lists. The close line effect shows off the 3D processing effects of the Zii processor. It’s neat but doesn’t really lend to the overall browsing experience.

The stretch effect is a different take on how a list reacts when you get to the end of it. For instance the Zune HD, Cowon S9, and Touch all push beyond the list then snap back when you scroll to the beginning or end of a list. With the Zii when you hit the end the fonts and list stretches then snaps back. It looks a bit goofy to be honest, but I’ll wait to make till a judgment once the OS is a bit more useable. Keep in mind, this firmware update is still very far from a consumer product.

Below is a video demo of the new firmware with sample videos and photos shot from the Zii EGG.

DSC00005 thumb 150x112 Videos Shot From Creative Zii EGG [New Firmware]DSC00006 thumb 150x112 Videos Shot From Creative Zii EGG [New Firmware]DSC00007 thumb 150x112 Videos Shot From Creative Zii EGG [New Firmware]DSC00010 thumb 150x112 Videos Shot From Creative Zii EGG [New Firmware]DSC00012 thumb 150x112 Videos Shot From Creative Zii EGG [New Firmware]DSC00011 thumb 150x112 Videos Shot From Creative Zii EGG [New Firmware]

dk on September 16, 2009 9:37 PM

Nice. Any news on tentative retail release schedules from developers yet?

ck on September 16, 2009 9:53 PM

When will you disassemble the Zii Egg?

CDW on September 18, 2009 2:46 PM

I too would like to know if there are any tentative retail release dates?

sim on September 19, 2009 11:43 PM

No official release date…but once most of the plaszma sdk roadmap is done + gps enabled + android optimized and release which is around CES 2010…

kwilli33 on September 21, 2009 3:17 PM

This flips the bird @ ipod touch & moons the zune. I have been waiting for creative to come out w/ a new mp3 since 2006. I know they had nice releases since then but I was happy w/ my zen sleek photo (yea its old). I bet you Ipod w/ release something like this in yrs to come but not now. You couldn’t give me an Ipod.

zaw on October 10, 2009 1:00 PM

My VisionW got stolen over the weekend and I’m looking for replacement!~

atirox on February 5, 2010 3:24 PM

Creative has the chance to knock the iPod off its podium in the US. This product is so much more than an iPod Touch. All Creative has to do, is play its cards right. Here’s to hoping Creative does a great job with this product.Maybe one day, we’ll see an Anything but Zii forum here ;)