Chukka- Kinetic Powered MP3 Player Concept

chukka main Chukka  Kinetic Powered MP3 Player Concept

I am always fidgeting with something while I’m sitting still at my desk. Some might see this as annoying but others see this as uncaptured energy that could be used to charge our gadgets. The Chukka “Kenetic Music Player” does just that with an electromagnetic inducer wrapped up in a two cylindrical form factor. The concepts name is likely derived from “nunchaku” or nunchucks due to the form factor and the motion used to charge the player.

Hop over to the site to check out more photos and a video demo of how this concept might work.

[MASC Design via ABI Forums]

k5r2an on October 7, 2009 4:57 PM

I would actually get this if it came out.

Adrian on October 7, 2009 5:18 PM

I would buy this instantly

Rick Spoketire on October 7, 2009 8:40 PM

I would break this instantly. Or choke myself instantly.

ashiiya on October 8, 2009 10:06 AM

@red_forman: yeah I agree, I hate it when I see other sites just copy&pasting others articles but on the bottom it says “continue reading from original source” or something like that so I guess they’re not taking ALL the credit o.oAnd I would DEFINITELY buy this. It’s small and cute, but charging it would be fun and easy XD

guy on October 8, 2009 5:58 PM

Would be nice if it were just a tid bit larger. And if it had a screen.Funny thought: imagine if Apple tried to make this… You would charge the player by shaking it, but you would also change songs by shaking it! ;)

Luc J on October 9, 2009 3:03 AM

Leave me alone or I’ll hit you with my MP3 charger! Great.

Noiram on October 9, 2009 3:38 AM

I would buy it. (Depends a bit on the price, though.)But definitely not in white. It looks like a pair of tampons…

WesFX on October 10, 2009 4:59 PM

Sexy. I hate screenless players, but I’d love to have this for the novelty. Depending on the price I’d pretty much have to buy this.30 USD or less and I’m sold, instantly. More and I’ll need to see some evidence that the thing won’t break too quickly.Speak of the devil. I think my headphones have just messed up. The right side seems louder.

devon on October 26, 2010 7:33 AM

I love the idea of the whole kinetic mp3 player I saw it on an episode of gadget girlz and it took me awhile to find it but I got it can’t wait to see them come out I want one for me to use for everything.