Zune HD Firmware 4.3 Released

zunehd 4.3 Zune HD Firmware 4.3 Released

Microsoft just released firmware 4.3 for the Zune HD. It fixes some minor issues like speeding up the browser, does some preliminary support for upcoming applications and games and also adds predictive text input to make it a bit easier to type on the device. It also speeds up the startup a little and adds a few features in the UI like links in the artist bio and a keyboard settings menu. Definitely worth grabbing if you have a Zune HD.

[Mobile tech World via Gizmodo]

RIcky on November 7, 2009 11:53 PM

So when are these apps that we’ve been all hearing about going to come? Im waiting MS!!!!!!!

Marques B. on November 8, 2009 2:13 PM

Here’s the full HD Tutorial on how to update your Zune HD to the 4.3 Software:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO-q89n_coc

Jay on November 8, 2009 11:30 PM

I *tried* to update my ZuneHD 32gb to 4.3… it just deleted my 4.1 firmware and wouldn’t let me install any firmware. Sent it back to Microsoft for servicing yesterday. Haven’t heard of this occurring for anyone else, however.

Jay on November 8, 2009 11:43 PM

…did this happen to anyone else?

Mike on November 9, 2009 4:54 AM

RIcky, you want apps, leave here and go get an iPod. It’s clear to practically everyone that Zune is THE player for people who are serious about their music as well as videos and such. This is not a gaming machine. A few basic apps are fine with me but I really don’t use them so much because the Zune HD is just AWESOME for my music, podcast and video needs.

hawkshot on November 9, 2009 1:37 PM

Meanwhile, I’m still waiting for a fix for the AAC “infinite time bug” on my Zune 80…

PixelLTU on November 9, 2009 3:11 PM

Still I’m VERY dissapointed about PICTURE RESIZING then syncing them to Zune HD. This is very VERY big fail.

C.Walka on November 12, 2009 2:50 AM

YEA I HOPE THE NEXT UPDATE ADDS FLASH!!!

P,Joubert on November 13, 2009 5:53 AM

NEW APPS RELEASED!!!!!!!!all the ones we have been waiting for except Twitter and Facebook.i would rather an MSN e-mail client without adds though. piano dose not have an add, and they possibly removed the adds to the utility’s, i haven’t checked yet

P,Joubert on November 13, 2009 6:02 AM

They did remove the ads on the utility programs like, the weather app and the calculator, expect most future utility apps to not feature ads!!!

P,Joubert on November 13, 2009 6:07 AM

they also updated goo splat, shell game, Texas hold’em, and chess. you have to choose update, by clicking on the game and where the download button would be it should say update.

Pointy on January 24, 2011 12:05 AM

My ZuneHD is amazing,it does basically anything