Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30s

limited editoin zune main Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30s

When the first generation Zune 30 was released November 14th, 2006 there two limited run Zune colors: Magenta Pink and Day-glow Orange. Each of these colors were limited to 500 made. Many of these went out as a gift to the members of the Zune team. From what I understand the Pink was for the US and the Orange was for Europe (Actually Jessica, just pinged me and told me that they were both US and the Zune Team got to choose which color they wanted). After gifting these Zunes the remaining were randomly inserted into retail channels.

I picked up the Pink Zune when it was first released back in 2006 from eBay- the Orange Zune I just picked up from @chrisleckness nearly completing the ship gift Zune. I think the only one that remains is the Zune 16 Citron- a yellow Zune that popped up when the first flash Zunes were released. The only person I know who has one is Co-host of ZuneInsider Podcast, Matt Akers and he refuses to sell. Anyone up for a covert mission to infiltrate his office at Zune headquarters? In the meantime, enjoy the photo shoot of these two limited edition Zunes.

limited edition zunes 01 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 02 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 03 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 04 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 06 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 08 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 09 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 10 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 11 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 12 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 14 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 15 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 16 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 19 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30slimited edition zunes 22 thumb 150x112 Limited Edition Magenta Pink and Orange Zune 30s

bigindian4891 on December 3, 2009 6:43 PM

Eh, the orange doesnt look very appealing, nor does the magenta… way more of a turn-off. Ill stick with the standard black. :)

HulkSmashNow on December 3, 2009 8:23 PM

Kinda like that orange, similar to those orange Tic Tacs that don’t really freshen your breath, but just taste really good. :P

Oranges on December 3, 2009 8:26 PM

The orange on looks inviting and the pink one might have a market. They kind of look like skin protectors but really I would totally pay 60$ for the orange Zune 30 if it played Ogg or Flac.

MrWafflesMonster on December 4, 2009 4:08 AM

I would love that orange one, i think it looks great, way better than white, black or brown!

Clockworthy on December 4, 2009 8:55 AM

I have the Halo 3 Edition…I’d much rather own that orange one than perhaps even an HD!

Chris Leckness on December 4, 2009 8:35 PM

I am so glad that this orange Zune is in such great hands. Thanks for giving it a good home Grahm! Thanks to Jessica for clearing the air on where they originated from too. Looks like we were both kinda right. :)

mtnmedic on December 7, 2009 1:52 AM

Those Zunes are gorgeous. They look like a throwback to the wild and practically florescent colors of the 60′s! I really miss the brown. My 120 is blue with custom artwork and inscription from the manufacturer but my HD….well I just HAD to get it into my hot little hands right away….so it stays platinum. Microsoft needs to really open up with the colors. All of the ones they’ve offered in the past plus the ones available now. Personalization of your player may only be a little bit of a selling point, but it’s a selling point nonetheless.

ronald on February 14, 2010 6:02 PM

WOW, zune’s REALLY EXIST?I’ve never seen one, not in someones possession, nor in a store! I thought those things only existed on TV.

tyler on January 27, 2011 6:10 PM

i have the orange one. how much can i sell it for.