We Get Handsy With Samsung’s MyFit

samsung myfit We Get Handsy With Samsung’s MyFit

We got some one-on-one time with Samsung’s new Myfit player at CES today. The Myfit is geared more toward helping you reach your fitness goals than playing media– although it’s quite capable of that as well.

MyFit features a 2.4” 320×240 TFT display, FM radio and a respectable 40 hour battery life (5 video). Where MyFit really shines is with its fitness oriented features, such as the food library which will provide you with basic nutrition info on that greasy burger you’re about to wolf down. And to help you burn that burger off, there’s a library of 90 activities, which it will audibly talk you through.

The most interesting part of the MyFit, however, is its sensors. There’s a sensor on the top which is capable of checking your pulse and stress levels, and the player will recommend songs based on your current stress level. It has an accelerometer to track your steps and calories burned. The player can also analyze body fat by pressing the top of the player to the area you want analyzed– although, we’re not exactly sure how it accomplishes this. Sorcery, we assume.

Look for the MyFit early this year in 8 and 16GB flavors. Still no word on retail pricing, unfortunately. Pics after the jump.

myfit thumb 195x130 We Get Handsy With Samsung’s MyFitmyfit back thumb 195x130 We Get Handsy With Samsung’s MyFitmyfit stress thumb 173x130 We Get Handsy With Samsung’s MyFitmyfit top thumb 195x130 We Get Handsy With Samsung’s MyFitmyfit ces thumb 195x130 We Get Handsy With Samsung’s MyFit

mancatch1991 on January 9, 2010 2:32 AM

i think this is the first player of its class !yeah whats with the body fat checker ?

Syndrome on January 9, 2010 5:22 AM

First off, the weight loss ads are a nice touch to this article. ;) Secondly, with a body fat checker I’m going to assume sales in the US wont be to high. :P But its cool to see some… different features coming along.

Martin Sägmüller on January 9, 2010 2:42 PM

Again no real buttons… come on, Samsung, once in a while you could churn out a player that doesn’t suck.

urmom on January 9, 2010 9:42 PM

haterdudedon’t hateif you want physical controls, go get it

dreamingthelife on January 10, 2010 1:47 AM

I think Martin is right though, it’s a Fitness player and for me(who does run)I like physical buttons on a player I run or train with(and I know many agree with me), it’s allot easier with tactile feedback when you want to blindly change songs/volume etcother than than that negative I like this player so far + the fat calculator is an awesome idea!, its a gimmick I’d barely ever use but be happy to fork out the $$ for

Martin Sägmüller on January 10, 2010 8:58 AM

ITRush, if you absolutely have to spam your own blog, at least make your comments have any substance to them, not the random nonsense you just typed above.

WindSpear on January 10, 2010 10:38 AM

martin, once again, hater, don’t hate, he just put in his own input. don’t be an a hole about it.

ashiiya on January 10, 2010 6:05 PM

This actually sounds pretty interesting O.o I’ve been trying to look for a “fitness player” like this but they’re all usually the simple stick players (which I don’t mind, but they don’t sell them in my area T_T). If the pricing on this isn’t that bad, I’d really think about getting this :D

musichound on January 10, 2010 8:39 PM

Hey Windspear, Martin is also the admin on this site, dfkt, and he has a good overall experience with most players. If I were you, I would think twice for what you are posting.

harleydreams on January 22, 2010 1:50 AM

This is really attractive product to me! I hope Samsung releases this product soon so I can plan my diet systematically!

wonderer on January 22, 2010 2:32 AM

i thought this player has fun feature – the stress level checking thing! maybe Martin’s right about the physical control button thing but i guess there’s also some coverages which can overcome that point :) i found a video from YouTube that shows interesting features of this player, so take a look if you guys want to :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vchl_0CMcjs