Xbox Zune Music Markeplace Brings on the Third Screen

zune on xbox 520x390 Xbox Zune Music Markeplace Brings on the Third Screen

I like to use Zune’s Smart DJ feature, those who are not familiar its like Pandora on Sterioids, but the problem always was that it didnt work well in the living room. Yeah, you could dock the Zune and hook it up to your TV but the UI was horrible with the tiny supplied remote. That all has changed with the addition of Zune Music on the Xbox. The third 10 foot living room UI was translated really well from the desktop PC experience- it has a very familiar feel but works great with an XBox controller or Xbox Harmony remote. While I haven’t yet tested it, this will also work with the upcoming Kinect to be released on the 5th of November.

Below I walk you though this new XBox/Zune experience.

kasrhp on September 29, 2010 5:56 PM

That looks awesome. If there is one thing I love about the Zune, it is definitely the looks of the UI. Throw that on the big screen and its pure bliss.

Big Bear on September 30, 2010 1:15 AM

Oh! We can all see the music you own and criticize your tastes! OoO

There is no good or bad music.

I see you have Daft Punk twice in there. Don’t you have, like, a gazillion Cds to listen to?
I mean, if you review players that play music, you might as well have a lot of music to listen to, no?

Or maybe the Zune interface isn’t shuffling very well…
That fluffy thing..!

^_^

Bingzhong on September 30, 2010 5:34 PM

W00t!! Boys Noize, is that what I see in the album collage? O:

GumbyX on October 4, 2010 6:26 PM

Grahm said this is the third living room UI. What were the first two?

Grahm Skee on October 4, 2010 6:33 PM

I may have phrased that wrong. I meant 3rd screen UI. Meaning: portable device, PC, and now the Living Room.

GumbyX on October 4, 2010 7:52 PM

Ah ok. I had a feeling that is what you meant, but wasn’t sure. Looks interesting. If I remember correctly, you have to be running Zune Music on your PC so you can stream music to your 360 right? If so, I’m s**t out of luck as I have a Mac. Sucks as this looks interesting. Guess I’ll just have to stick to streaming my music to my PS3 using Majestic.

Grahm Skee on October 4, 2010 11:18 PM

This is all cloud based- this does not connect to you PC. However, you can stream music with the xbox’s other media player with any universal network device… PC, NAS, some routers, i dont know if mac uses upnp.

HackSacken on October 7, 2010 5:07 PM

This is exciting, I’m really just now learning how awesome a Zune Pass. Now knowing that they are adding more features onto the Zune app within the 360 makes it just that much more sweet. The UI looks really well done.

troy on January 15, 2011 6:28 AM

haha i see some armin Van Buuren…..i think you have a great taste in music! i love trance….