Everyone’s favorite open source replacement firmware for MP3 players got a fresh stable release. Lots of updated features, bug fixes, and several newly supported players – many SanDisk Sansa models among those – are some of the highlights of this release.
Full release notes and download links can be found on the Rockbox Wiki.
Update: maintenance release 3.7.1 is out.
Read on for the change log.
Rockbox runs well on these players, has a complete manual and is supported by RockboxUtility:
- Apple: Ipod 1g through 5.5g, Ipod Mini and Ipod Nano 1g and 2g
- Archos: Jukebox 5000, 6000, Studio, Recorder, FM Recorder, Recorder V2 and Ondio
- Cowon: iAudio X5, X5V, X5L, M5, M5L, M3 and M3L
- iRiver: H100, H300 and H10 series
- Olympus: M:Robe 100
- Packard Bell: Vibe 500
- SanDisk: Sansa c200 (not v2), e200 and e200R series, Fuze, Clip and Clip+
- Toshiba: Gigabeat X and F series (not the S series)
- New skin format requiring all skins to be updated, see SkinBreakingChange for details.
- Sansa Clip v1 and v2, Clip+, Fuze v2 and Ipod Nano 2g are now stable release targets.
- Sansa Fuze v1 and E200 v2 now have usb support enabled.
- Ipod Video 32MB and 64MB builds are now merged into one unified build.
- Ipod 4g through 5.5g, Ipod Mini and Ipod Nano 1g now have usb support enabled and can charge via usb.
- The “Charge during USB connection” option now has a “force” setting.
- Backlight brightness setting for Ipod 4g/Color/Photo.
- Wheel acceleration and repeats for Ipod 1g-3g and Ipod Mini 1g.
- New “Update on stop” setting for bookmarks.
- Line out support for Fuzev1 and e200v2
- Updated ARM compiler and switched to EABI resulting in large memory savings on some targets
- Greatly improved pitch accuracy on Sansa e200v2, Fuze, Clip and Clip+
- Increase maximum volume on the Fuze v2, Clip v2 and Clip+ to maximum allowed by the hardware
- New lrcplayer plugin.
- New shopping list plugin — shopper.
- New Resistor code calculator plugin.
- Sudoku plugin now saves the scratchpad state.
- Game sounds in Pacbox.
- Improvements and optimizations for PDbox.
- test_codec now properly benchmarks on all targets, not just those with > 16MB of RAM.
- Support for WMA Pro codec.
- Optimizations for FLAC, MP3, Vorbis, AAC-LC, AAC-HE, TTA, Cook, Atrac3 and WMA.