Shortly after the release of version 3.8 in March, a new maintenance release is out, fixing several issues, especially with Sansa AMS players such as the Clip+ or Fuze.
Full release notes and installation instructions can be found on the Rockbox Wiki.
Read on for the change log.
Rockbox 3.8.1 fixes a number of bugs that were present in 3.8:
- Numerous fixes for SD card access on AMSv2 players.
- FS#11746, FS#11764, FS#11775, FS#11846 and FS#11863 – Switch off ATA DMA for all PP targets. There is sufficient evidence that ATA DMA causes sporadic lockups and static noise on several PP based players.
- FS#12023 – Fix error in Ohm’s law formula in resistor calculator plugin.
- FS#11894 – Sansa Clip+ Volume Buttons don’t switch when Upside Down is activated.
- Fix returning to the wps from a plugin.
- FS#11973 – iPod nano1G needed reboot after entering record mode to have audio again.
- FS#12012 – Fix radio art broken by introduction of embedded album art support.
- FS#12019 – High pitch noise when decoding AAC SBR files.
- FS#11965 and FS#12001 – Disk access problems. Restore access to the last 0xF000 sectors of internal drive.
- FS#12024 – Scroll acceleration not working on devices without a scroll wheel.