FiiO LODs for Sansa Fuze and Sony Players Now Available

fiio FiiO LODs for Sansa Fuze and Sony Players Now AvailableLODs are cables that allow you to get proper line-out from a player, circumventing some of the internal circuitry in order to provide a raw signal to an external amplifier- be it a headphone amp, car audio system or home audio system. FiiO has several of these available, and unlike most companies they don’t just make them for iDevices but also for other brands. Specifically, they have LODs for the Sansa Fuze and Sony Walkman players that use Sony’s proprietary docking port. Both cables are now available at DealExtreme, priced at $8.40 for the Sony cable and $8.50 for the Fuze cable. They also have a short 3.5mm male-to-male interconnecting cable, which should be perfect for those who use headphone amps on other players and want a short interconnect between player and amp. That one is priced at $5.70, and all three have free (slow-as-hell) worldwide  shipping. FiiO makes decent products, and the prices are pretty decent also.

MarvintheMartian on May 24, 2011 7:18 PM

This is great news for the amp users out there. Much better than the ones praised on “other” sites that cost outrageous amounts of money.

Richard A on May 25, 2011 6:05 PM

I already ordered and received a LOD for my Sansa Fuze. The wire is super short, so you can literally stack the Fuze on top of your portable amp.

Frederick on May 28, 2011 4:18 PM

Look good, better quality line in is attractive. since the cable are the same for Fuza and sansa View ( i use the same usb cable for my Sansa View and the Fuze of my wife) it must work for my Sansa view. only problem is It seems to short for me. I use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm extendable wire from monoprice ( 0.83 $) not the best. but pratical to use in my car or on multiple sound system.

GumbyX on May 29, 2011 1:16 PM

I like this, but if you use this line-out there is not way to charge the player. I like to have my Fuze plugged in so it stays powered.

radiotundra on June 15, 2011 2:30 AM

Any idea on the specs or quality of the caps in the Fuze LOD? Wondering how much of an improvement it would be over the HO.

Hank on January 24, 2012 11:19 PM

Is there a pending LOD for the sansa Clip zip mp3 player?

Martin Sägmüller on January 24, 2012 11:23 PM

The Clip has no line-out.

Hank on January 26, 2012 3:56 AM

Thanks for your reply MS. Incidentally, the sound of the sansa clip zip seems a little “thin”,(ok mid and high), lacking any discernible low end (bass). I wonder whether this is a figment of my imagination. Your imput would be highly regarded.

Martin Sägmüller on January 26, 2012 5:09 PM

That could stem from various issues – maybe a volume-limited EU firmware, maybe too high impedance headphones, maybe something else. Usually the Clip Zip sounds perfectly linear, no deviation in the frequency response at all.
You could put Rockbox on the Zip, or you could get a FiiO E6 amp to try if it improves the sound. It works fine with the headphone-out of the Zip, doesn’t need a line-out.