NWZ-B16: The Sony Clip

sony b16 NWZ B16: The Sony Clip

It has slightly more screen than an iPod Shuffle, slightly less SD slots than a Sansa Clip+. It’s the Sony NWZ-B16(0), the successor to the NWZ-B150 (and B140, to a certain extent). In this case, ‘successor’ means they simply added a clip to the back of the B150 and left everything else basically the same as it was on its year old ancestor. The same monochrome screen, same controls, same bass boost and ‘zap’ (intro/song search) buttons, same pulsing LED circle gimmick.

It comes in pathetic 2 and 4GB sizes with no expansion options, sports an FM Radio, and presumably a standard USB plug for charging and data transfer under the cap. Battery life should be an ok-ish (for this small form factor) 18 hours. When it’s going to be released later this month, people can choose from five pretty colors, ranging from My Little Pony pink to Nuclear Fallout black.

Thanks to GreasyTacoAficionado for the hint. Via Trustedreviews.

Eric on May 6, 2011 5:05 PM

I’m sure, since this is a Sony product, it’ll be a good, inexpensive value…

BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH

I’m sorry. I couldn’t even type that without laughing. Cool idea, too late. Typical Sony.

Martin Sägmüller on May 6, 2011 5:30 PM

The 4GB B143 went for around EUR 40 or so, which isn’t too bad. But that wasn’t Sony’s suggested retail price, methinks.

tds101 on May 6, 2011 5:40 PM

With a micro sd card slot it would be fantastic, as it is it’s a waste – sansa clip+ for teh win!!!

Confispect on May 6, 2011 9:28 PM

Indeed a slot would be nice, I definitely like it though…..plus is Sony.

MIDO on May 7, 2011 2:51 PM

THE last model b-15 …had a 10+10 mw power output. this one b-16, i don’t know why sony returned to the low output 5+5 mw in this model ???!!!!

Ryan on May 10, 2011 2:07 AM

Aw, you have no idea how excited I was when I seen this.

For a while now I’ve been looking for something small and compact to accompany my Cowon S9 when I don’t want to actually drag an Mp3 player around, and I thought this might be it.

When you said, slightly less SD card slots, I thought you meant it had Micro SD.

My dreams are shattered, there’s no way I can use anything less than 16Gb.

Henry on May 10, 2011 3:02 AM

“Nuclear Fallout Black”, that’s cold!

Ori on May 11, 2011 11:10 AM

I’ve always been a fan of the USB plug design, so this is interesting to me.

Harry on November 24, 2011 12:57 AM

It’s a cool design of mp3 player, but unfortunately, lack of AAC support…

Monica on June 26, 2012 10:14 AM

Where can I find the clip alone.? My clip broke and I would like to repare it