Microsoft releases nine new Zune HD apps [Updated]

Zune HD Apps for June 30 Microsoft releases nine new Zune HD apps [Updated]

Microsoft announced this evening that they have added nine new Zune HD apps to the Marketplace. This news comes less than 48 hours after Dave McLauchlan announced that a new wave of Zune HD apps was on the way.

Today’s wave contains of six brand new games, two handy utilities, and one entertainment app. This update is massive when compared to the last two apps, which were released on April 1.

One of the apps, Echoes, was developed by Halfbrick Studios, the people behind the hit title Fruit Ninja. Barbaroga recently announced that they are working on four new Zune HD apps, only one of which–Bees!–is included in today’s release. DecoderRing and the other two unnamed games are still on the way. The same can be said for Splatter, Tuginator, and Young Ninja, which are being developed by 2PlayMobile.

Hit the jump to see what’s included in today’s update.

3D Picture Puzzle
Microsoft | Games
Twist your mind in this exciting sliding picture puzzle game! Solve two independent puzzles at once in two layer mode!

Bees!
Babaroga| Games
Bees! is a fast-paced strategy game with a quirky, endearing cartoon look and easy-to-learn gameplay fun for players of any skill level. Send different types of Bees out to gather pollen while avoiding Bears and other troublesome animals. Use the honey to exchange for upgrades that will help your Bees conquer the world!

Echoes
Halfbrick Studios| Games
Delve your way into Echoes, an exciting action puzzle game in which players collect crystals within many surreal, artistic worlds. The player controls Charlie, a girl who was transported to another realm while dreaming in art class. Collect crystals and avoid Echoes, the translucent and deadly ghost versions of yourself. Fight back with powerups across multiple worlds and game modes!

Fan Prediction
iHwy Inc | Entertainment
Predict the outcome of games in popular college and professional sports.

Level
Microsoft | Utilities
Spirit level and surface level in one easy to use app.

Notes
Microsoft | Utilities
Keep track of anything and everything in your life using Notes!

Reversi
2moro| Games
Enjoy this classic game of Reversi on your Zune HD. Play against the computer or your friends.

Run and Jump
Microsoft | Games
Run, jump and more in this old school, challenging, fast-paced platformer.

SuperNova
Microsoft | Games
Get the high score by creating a chain of supernovas!

For more details on this fresh set of apps, be sure to listen to episode 122 of the Zune Insider podcast, due out tomorrow evening.

Update: On the aforementioned Zune Insider podcast, McLauchlan mentioned that this release also includes app updates for MSN Messenger, Twitter, BBQ Battle, Penalty! Flick Soccer, and Solitaire. This is Microsoft’s biggest Zune HD app release yet, and another big one is coming up.

[Dave McLauchlan]

Rom on July 1, 2011 3:13 AM

I love how the Zune Team just keeps on releasing quality apps for free for the Zune HD! Hope they’re planning on releasing a new hardware soon!

Haze on July 1, 2011 3:46 AM

Run And Jump reminds me of the Bit. Trip. serise!

Jack on July 1, 2011 6:06 AM

These are just a nice bunch of apps, just hoping the Zune team start updating the email and facebook app in terms of implementing chat like the windows live app and also fixing some issues with the refresh on the email app. Overall I’m happy the apps just keep on coming and I hope that the ZuneHD never dies! :)

Nathan Korth on July 1, 2011 1:43 PM

They FINALLY added a notes app!

Ron on July 2, 2011 12:26 AM

The Fan Prediction app only had NFL Football listed and it did not have the New York Giants on the list. They had the Jets playing the Giants games.

pc on July 3, 2011 3:33 PM

I just recently bought a Zune HD 16GB, and I thought that Microsoft might forgot Zune HD long time ago, and now they release new apps, what a surprise!! Now I’m looking for more release of apps!!

anonymous on July 8, 2011 7:33 AM

These are quality apps? Considering it comes from Microsoft I guess that’s reasonable. I have had a 32GB Zune HD for a year now and I use none of the apps except NOTES now and not often. I know people continue saying this device is a music and video player not an app device, but I think Microsoft should put more effort into at the very least making better apps if only a few comes out every 2-3 months. At this rate I’d say the itouch beats Zune HD, something that I thought I’d never say, and I personally dislike apple products.

Dike Joseph on August 18, 2011 10:30 AM

i’m new on microsoft zune and don’t know how to use it, pls i need more knowledge on how to use it.

William Devereux on August 18, 2011 7:10 PM

Hey Dike Joseph, I’d be happy to help you get started with Zune. Feel free to leave a comment here with any questions, or I’d be happy to help you over on Twitter (@MasterDevwi).

Roena Charee on October 15, 2011 2:13 PM

I want there to be a texting app

babrak on April 29, 2012 12:50 AM

please release some new apps like pgr ferrarri and chat for facebook,,the most important youtube.make its browser html 5

jairo on June 23, 2012 9:22 PM

hola tengo problemas con mi zune me encuentro en venezuela y la nueva actualizacion de sotfware no trae markeplayer y no se como proporcionarle apps a mi zune….????