Sony fans no longer have to worry about leaked information on their new lineup. It’s been made official, and all 3 models will feature Sony’s exclusive Clear Audio Technologies, Karaoke mode, lyric support, playlist support’ and bookmarking. To compete with other high end players, Sony has added SensMe which keeps your music in tune with your mood by automatically categorizing your music tracks into different channels.
The stereo-Bluetooth equipped A-series leads the way and features a 2.8-inch (400×240) touch screen, as oppose to the rumored 3.4-inch that would have been much more enjoyable. as mentioned, the Clear Audio Tech is bundled with the new player as well as the new S-Master MX digital amplifier technology which Sony says reduces noise level and distortion, to create a superb sound experience. The audio detail should come through pretty clear with Sony’s bundled premium earbuds, which are arguably the best bundled buds available. 8Gb will set you back $179 with the 16Gb version leaving you $219 lighter in the wallet. No mention of storage expansion, which is a serious letdown.
Meanwhile, the new S-Series (NWZ-S760BT) will also have Bluetooth streaming audio for some friendly cord cutting. Dropping down a size, the 2.0″ QVGA (320×240) LCD screen will give you just enough space for pictures and album art with some tactile buttons taking the show. An impressive 50 hours of battery life with 10 hours for video playback should keep the charger at home more often than not. It’s available in black or pearly white with only an 8GB option available for $149, which isn’t bad at all considering these come with the bundled buds like its older brother.
Rounding up the pack is the E-Series (NWZ-E460). Sony must have partnered with Skittles to bring you all the colors in the rainbow. If your choice of black, red, blue, green, and pink doesn’t satisfy your palate, than what will? Sony promises 50 hours of music and 10 hours of video with their 2″ QVGA (320×240) high-brightness LCD screen. An FM radio (also on A and S Series) is part of the package as well as a picture viewer. Pricing starts at $79 for 4GB, 8 GB for $89, and 16 GB for $109.
The new lineup is available in September from Sony retailers as well as SonyStyle. Full details can also be found at SonyStyle as well. That 32Gb and 64Gb version would have been a nice addition. Anyone excited about this, or just let down about the mediocre storage sizes?
Three New Sony® Walkman® MP3 Players Boast Premium Sound, Stylish Design and Improved Functionality
Sony today announced three new Walkman® MP3 players (NWZ-A860, NWZ-S760BT, NWZ-E460 models), each delivering premium sound, a sophisticated design and enhanced features to satisfy any music lover.
The three new Walkman models share a sleek new design and include enhanced features such as Media Go™ software to easily transfer music, videos, playlists and photos to your Walkman player. Users can drag and drop unsecured data from iTunes® for Windows®, Windows Media Player or Windows Explorer.
All three new models also feature Sony’s exclusive Clear Audio Technologies for superior sound quality and include a Karaoke Mode, bookmarking with multiple playlists and a language learning function. Users can also create channels with the SensMe™ feature, which keeps your music in tune with your mood by automatically categorizing your music tracks into different channels. The synchronized lyric feature allows users to load .lrc files for songs and set the lyrics to scroll by in sync to the music. Built-in voice recording uses the integrated microphone and adjustable bit rate to make the voice recording function easy to use. Multiple high-quality audio and video formats are supported by all three new models, giving users more freedom to download the files they want.
The A-Series and S-Series models introduce streaming via Bluetooth® to wireless headphones, compatible car audio head units, speaker docks and other Bluetooth-enabled devices while the E-Series introduces five eye-popping new colors – black, red, blue, green and pink – to match your personal style.
The Walkman A-Series (NWZ-A860): The Walkman player of Audiophiles’ dreams, delivering the best-of-the-best audio experience.
With integrated Bluetooth streaming, touch-screen audio/video playback and wireless photo sharing, the Sony NWZ-A860 series Walkman player offers the ultimate portable audio listening experience. Bluetooth capability and an elegant design, and comes equipped with premium earbuds for maximum comfort and a premium audio experience. Features include:
* Sony’s exclusive Clear Audio Technologies – Dynamic Sound Enhancement Engine, Clear Stereo and Clear Bass Audio Technologies for deeper, richer sound. New S-Master™ MX digital amplifier technology reduces noise level and distortion, creating a superb sound experience
* Experience your music wirelessly and stream audio to other compatible devices with integrated Bluetooth
* A 2.8″ WQVGA (400×240) TFT touch screen delivers incredible color for fast, rich viewing of photos, videos, and album artwork. The hybrid operation system provides intuitive touch panel controls and traditional button controls for playback.
* With the Photo Transfer feature, users can share their personal photos taken with a compatible Bluetooth enabled device
* Choose from 8 GB for $179 or 16 GB for $219 (SRP)
The Walkman S-Series (NWZ-S760BT): Mobile music. Unplugged.
The Walkman S-Series delivers the freedom to enjoy your music wirelessly. Users can experience music unplugged with included Bluetooth headphones, multiple format audio/video playback, wireless personal photo sharing plus legendary Sony audio quality. Features include:
* Experience music wirelessly and stream audio to other compatible devices with included premium Bluetooth wireless headphones
* Sony’s exclusive Clear Audio Technologies – Dynamic Sound Enhancement, Clear Stereo and Clear Bass Audio Technologies for deeper, richer sound
* Long battery life – up to 50 hours of music playback and 10 hours of video playback
* With the Photo Transfer feature, users can share their personal photos taken with a compatible Bluetooth enabled camera
* A 2.0″ QVGA (320×240) LCD screen delivers incredible color for fast, rich viewing of photos, videos, and album artwork
* USB cable and both wireless and standard headphones are included
* Choose from black or white. 8 GB – $149 (SRP)
The Walkman E-Series (NWZ-E460): The colorful Walkman.
The Walkman E-Series, which comes in a variety of eye-popping colors and designs, allows listeners to extend their everyday style and personality to their MP3 player. The Sony E-Series Walkman MP3 Player delivers up to 50 hours of music – with video and photo playback plus FM radio. With great functionality and an eye-catching, youthful style at an affordable price, the E-Series is available in 4 GB, 8 GB and 16 GB versions. Features include:
* The compact design of the Sony NWZ-E460 series Walkman MP3 Player allows you to enjoy your favorite audio and video files, look at personal photos or simply listen to the built-in FM radio
* The 2″ QVGA (320×240) high-brightness screen, color LCD provides fast, rich viewing of photos, videos, and album artwork.
* Sony’s exclusive Clear Audio Technologies — Clear Stereo, Clear Bass Audio Technologies and Digital Sound Enhancement Engine — restore the clarity and depth of digitally compressed music
* The built-in lithium ion battery provides up to 50 hours of audio playback or 10 hours of video playback per charge
* Open, charge and listen: Everything you need is in the box including USB cable and soft hybrid silicone EX headphones
* 5 colors to choose from, including black, red, blue, green and pink.
Comes in 4 GB, 8 GB or 16 GB options: 4 GB – $79; 8 GB – $89; 16 GB – $109 (SRP).
The Walkman A-Series, S-Series and E-Series will be available September 2011 at Sony Stores including online at http://store.sony.com and other authorized retailers nationwide. For images and information, please visit www.sony.com/news.