Rockbox 3.11 is released

rockbox400 Rockbox 3.11 is releasedFour months after version 3.10 Rockbox released a new stable one, 3.11.

Highlights of this version are USB support for the Sansa Clip+, Clip v2, and Fuze v2, as well as ‘stable’ status for the Sansa c200 v2 and MPIO HD300.

Many interface- and theme-related features made it into this release as well. Customization of the main menu list items, editable shortcuts in the main menu, 32 bit alpha transparency for icons and theme/WPS images. On the audio side of things, downmixing multichannel FLAC files to stereo is now supported.

Read the full changelog here: Rockbox 3.11 release notes – or download it right away: Rockbox 3.11 download

Update: Rockbox 3.11.2 maintenance release is out – this fixes some bugs with Sansa radio tuner chips and a boot freeze issue with the M:Robe 100.

tds101 on April 11, 2012 11:49 AM

I just want my iPod classic 7G on the list,…bummer!!!

gupti on April 11, 2012 4:15 PM

Aw, the iPod Nano 2G port is not stable yet… And it’s the only Rockbox-able device I own. Oh well, 3.9 is still good.

saratoga on April 11, 2012 10:52 PM

Just a heads up, we’re about to push 3.11.2, which fixes some problems with the radio on Sandisk players. Other then that there are no changes.

Roj on April 13, 2012 5:57 PM

A year and change ago, I bought a Sansa Fuze V2 specifically to take advantage of the better battery life over the Fuze V1. Sadly, the USB support remained uncooked for over a year after that. I now have my Fuze V2 finally updated and while the wait was certainly frustrating, it was well worth it. File transfers to and from the Fuze are wonderfully fast and stable and battery life is as expected. Thanks to the Rockbox team for finally delivering what I hoped you would; you’ve done a terrific job.

nathan on April 14, 2012 12:44 AM

Does this mean I never ever have to wait for “data refresh” again on my sansa devices!

Martin Sägmüller on April 14, 2012 12:00 PM

Yes, it does. :)

OK on April 16, 2012 3:36 PM

Best update ever!

I have a Sansa Clip+ and best new features in my eyes are

1. no waiting for “database update” any more

2. shortcuts in main menu to create direct access to file-folders no matter whether they are on internal memory or sd-card

3. customizing main menu to have shortcuts at the top and get rid of all unused other options

I just love it! Clip+ with Rockbox is the perfect mp3 player for me now.

James on April 16, 2012 8:51 PM

Epic update.
“database update” you will not be missed.
Just remember to update your boot loader as well as the rockbox.

pie on April 18, 2012 4:27 PM

@gupti – I’ve been using rockbox on my nano 2g for the past year, it’s more stable than the itunes software was. :)

Tigran Ghardashyan on April 19, 2012 6:53 AM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Orgle Borgle the Dorgle Master on April 24, 2012 6:34 PM

When do you think the D2 will be considered stable? I’ve been using it for the past 3 months or so and haven’t noticed anything wrong. In fact, I actually like the fact it’s like a d-pad of sorts. :3 But that’s probably just me. Anyways, like I said, when do you think it’ll be considered stable? :)

Martin Sägmüller on April 25, 2012 8:57 AM

Orgle, I don’t think anyone has been working on the D2 port in the last few years – I doubt it will ever become ‘stable’, mostly for the fact that the internal memory isn’t writeable.

Orgle Borgle the Dorgle Master on April 30, 2012 6:36 PM

Ok, thanks. :( Ah, well. It still works like a charm, anyways. :3

Ted on May 4, 2012 11:04 PM

>> Highlights of this version are USB support for the Sansa Clip+…

A BIG thank you to the Rockbox team!

LRH on May 24, 2012 7:45 PM

If anyone is reading this, I can’t get my Sansa e280 v1 to work right ever since I upgraded Rockbox to the 2011 version, and the same goes with this one. To wit: it WILL NOT recognize any microSD card whatsoever. The 2009 version of Rockbox I have did, but now, even flashing back to it doesn’t work. My e280 v1 flat-out WILL NOT let me access any microSD contents.