abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung T8 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Lyrics Station (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11243)

dejisk8er 03-12-2007 09:52 PM

Lyrics Station

hey peoples! i have a YP-T8 and i also have lyric station, like i mean i got it off the CD and all that. but some of my music (pretty popular, know around the world songs) cannot be found on the lyric station. so what im trying to say is that if any body knows the latest version of lyric station for YP-T8, can u please post a link to it, i would really luv that yall. iight peace out and THNX for those that will help!:)

Strephon Alkhalikoi 03-12-2007 11:13 PM

I can understand why you wouldn't have wanted to go to Samsung's web site, given that selecting the product can be a pain in the butt. However, try this.

dejisk8er 03-28-2007 10:17 PM

sorry but i dont really see how that was suppose to help me with my lil problem. but w.e thnx for ur trying help. if anybody else can anser my quest please gimme a shout. lol thnx!

neon87 03-31-2007 02:41 AM

Unofficial Yep Support site

http://www.cczclan.com/yp-55.asp

u should be able to find what your looking for here. I aint tried downloading the lyrics station yet as im on another comp but im sure it works.

the site is up to date with firmware updates and other yepp apps too.

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander 03-31-2007 03:08 AM

The latest version of Lyrics Station is 2.45, here's the download link. I don't think that this will provide a larger lyrics database though. This probably doesn't help you too much, but if your lyrics are not added after clicking 'marking', then try 'search' instead to manually locate the lyric you are looking for. If this still doesn't work and you are desperate enough you can create your own with the 'Editor' function.

IGN0S 04-05-2007 02:00 PM

my release is 2.55
greetings

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander 04-06-2007 12:13 AM

You are correct that v2.55 is the latest, but Samsung only provides a direct download link for v2.45, which automatically updates to v2.55.

nystate_2infinity 04-16-2007 05:02 PM

Can anyone help me w/ trying to get lyrics for EAC/LAME VBR audio files..I have been able to grab lyrics for my other mp3 files but whenever I get to VBR files it states 'not supported' is there any possible way around this?

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander 04-17-2007 12:44 AM

As far as I know it is not possible with Samsung Lyrics Station. You might want to try Minilyrics or EvilLyrics.

nystate_2infinity 04-17-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander (Post 104582)
As far as I know it is not possible with Samsung Lyrics Station. You might want to try Minilyrics or EvilLyrics.

Thanx for the info...It's just a cool novelty feat while walking around but if not no biggie

neon87 04-23-2007 10:45 PM

Thanks very much for your recommendations Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander !

I have a question though...how would i be able to save lyrics to my mp3 player using minilyrics? It says save lyrics...but then i dont know what encoding (ANSI or unicode?) and also what embedded lyrics options i should choose in order to make it work for my yp-t8z.

Would be nice coz the samsung lyrcs station doesn't really have lyrics for japanese songs. But as the previous person said..no biggie.

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander 04-24-2007 05:21 AM

There are two types of lyric files available on Minilyrics, TXT and LRC. Only LRC files are timed and will be displayed on the T8. You can distinguish this by opening the 'Download' window. The green icon to the left of the file name has either a green TXT or red LRC written on it.

Once you have the appropriate lyric, select 'Lyrics > Save lyrics into mp3 file'. You will then recieve the ANSI/Unicode prompt. Chose Unicode and then select 'Embedded Lyrics3v2 synchronised lyrics'.

After transferring the mp3 to your T8, these lyrics will then function in the same way that Samsung Lyric Station's do.

dejisk8er 05-17-2007 10:38 PM

i follwed all the steps i did it over about 10 times but it still not working. ( im talkin about the minilyrics by the ways) i mean like i can transfer it and all but it will not show on my player. what im i doing wrong?! :( plz help!

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander 05-18-2007 10:42 AM

Make sure you are using a software like WMP or MediaMonkey to transfer the song to your player? If you are, then I can only suggest trying some different settings within MiniLyrics to see if anything else will work for you.

dejisk8er 05-18-2007 08:16 PM

ok this is what i am doing:

1. using windows media player 11
2. opening song with WMP
3. looking for the lrc green button on left
4. selected lyrics
5. Saved lyrics into mp3 file
6. chose unicode
7. selected Embedded Lyrics3v2 synchronised lyrics
8. unplug my T8 to see if it worked
9. DOES NOT WORK ! ! ! >:(

please help! what im i doing wrong?? does the format of the song have anything to do with it because all my song formats are .mp3 format. im i suppose to wait after transfering the lyrics or somthing?? and if so how long do i wait for?? please give me specific details so that i can get this minilyrics to work for my T8. THANKS A BUNCH ! ! !

p.s could it be because i am using the evaluation version of minilyrics?

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander 05-19-2007 01:26 AM

The evaluation version is not the problem. Are you saving the lyrics to a file that is already on your T8, or overwriting a file that is already on it? Because the lyrics may not be recognised if you do it this way.

If so, connect the T8 and delete the files you want to add lyrics to (remembering to copy any files to the computer if they aren't already on it), then disconnect the T8. Use minilyrics to add the lyrics to the files, then reconnect the T8 and copy the files back.

I can't think of anything else that could be causing the problem. To those above who have done this successfully can you see what the problem could be?

dejisk8er 05-19-2007 06:14 PM

:(

ok this is what i did:

1. conected my player
2. deleted the song i wanted lyrics for, off my T8
3. disconneted my T8
3. put the song that i deleted from my T8 to my music folder on my comp
4. opened it from my music folder with WMP
5. then did the rugular rutine with minlyrics for my song
6. conected my T8
7. put the song in my T8
8. i was sad cuz it did not work ! ! ! :( :( :( :(

what im i doing wrong??!?! please help me!! is there anyother program i can use or somthing? thanks a bunch! :o

werecatz 08-06-2007 06:08 AM

lyrics station vbr not supported?

1. what does this mean
2. how can I fix it
3. why won't it mark any of my music? they're all mp3's (inculding the vba ones)
4. any one got an instruction manuel for this thing, geeze

thankee.

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander 08-07-2007 03:06 AM

MP3 files with a variable bit rate (VBR) are not supported. Only constant bit rate (CBR) MP3 files will work with Samsung Lyric Station. If all your mp3s are VBR there's not much you can do...

bamac2009 07-03-2009 10:51 PM

I'm trying to get the lyrics on my P2. i downloaded a firmware (that i didn't realize that it had less things than the one already on my P2) but it didn't work. so if anyone out there can help me it will be greatly appreciated.