abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung T10 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   YP-T10 User Manual and Quick Thoughts (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20859)

Slydini 10-09-2007 02:37 AM

YP-T10 User Manual and Quick Thoughts

I wanted to supplement Zeddicus's link to the P2 manual, so here's a link to the YP-T10 manual.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...ENGLISH0.0.pdf

Quick Thoughts:
  • The manual makes NO mention of the highly touted Bluetooth Caller ID function, nor does it mention the possibility of pairing it with a BT enabled cell phone! :mad:
  • The device supports 5 OTG Playlists with a maximum of 200 songs for each list.
  • For better or for worse, the controls appear to be identical to the touchscreen pad of the K3 (No dedicated volume buttons :()
  • The dog theme is optional... There's another theme called Pendant and there's one that's called "My Skin" (Probably a user defined wallpaper)
For me, the biggest dissapointment is the lack of BT cell phone functionality (No Caller ID display). I heard somewhere that Samsung never really got this feature to work properly on the BT version of the T9, so I was hoping to see it fixed in their new players. I'm also unsure if the 8GB version will ever make its way to the United States. The recent trend towards touchscreen devices makes me wonder if this is Samsung's attempt to consolidate the similarities of the T9 and the K3 into one model. I, for one, would have been happier to see a video enabled BT version of the metal Z5. Oh well..

So what do you guys think?

lebellium 10-09-2007 02:12 PM

I'm in close touch with a the quality controller by samsung france and he told me all the new models are bluetooth ;)

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander 10-09-2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lebellium (Post 173101)
I'm in close touch with a the quality controller by samsung france and he told me all the new models are bluetooth ;)

...But out-of-the-box is it Bluetooth which can pair either player to a mobile phone so that a call can be streamed to the player without having to touch the phone to answer it?

lebellium 10-10-2007 01:21 PM

what he told me:
Quote:

Cette nouvelle gamme de baladeurs (P2 / S5 / T10) comporte le module Bluetooth par défaut.
Profils gérés :
(A2DP = Bluetooth Stéréo)
(FTP = Transfert de fichiers avec un autre périphérique - PC / Téléphone mobile)
(AVRCP = interception des appels sur un mobile à partir du casque bluetooth)

. Possiblité de pairer 2 casques bluetooth pour écouter simultanément la musique ou regarder une vidéo. (P2 et T10)
So the answer to your question is YES ^^
If you have a bluetooth hearphone, you can get the call through the T10 without touching your mobile phone ;)
And on the S5, the voice directly goes out from the external speaker^^

magnanimous_spirit 10-11-2007 12:49 AM

I have a t10

i didn't find anything in the book about it connecting to the phone. it does say it won't work with mono headphones though, i have a razr w/ BT, but i don't know if it only works with samsung, i tried to get them to connect, but neither would find the other one, though i'm not really good with BT yet.

I'm also looking into the playlist thing, the rio riot was the best so far, i must have had 90 play lists on it, you could dump the music on the player then tag it to be in as many lists as you wanted.

With the T10 it looks like you can have five play lists created on the player with 200 songs per list, or up to 400 play lists made in media studio with 400 songs per list.

However if the song is place in each list, it is impossible to have 16000 songs on this, so that doesn't make sense, but I can't find anything saying if it merely tags the song on the player to be in whatever list or if i have the same song on 3 lists, if it is saved to the player three times.

EnzoTen 10-12-2007 07:52 PM

I just got the T10 and there is no phone support from what i see. I tried to pair it with my Treo 750... no luck.

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander 10-13-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnzoTen (Post 174161)
I just got the T10 and there is no phone support from what i see. I tried to pair it with my Treo 750... no luck.

Enzo, in case you were wondering bluetooth functions for cell phone will be introduced (to all new Samsung players) with a new firmware which is expected to come next month. (See Tony61's post for details)

newbie5 01-05-2010 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slydini (Post 172994)
I wanted to supplement Zeddicus's link to the P2 manual, so here's a link to the YP-T10 manual.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...ENGLISH0.0.pdf

Quick Thoughts:
  • The manual makes NO mention of the highly touted Bluetooth Caller ID function, nor does it mention the possibility of pairing it with a BT enabled cell phone! :mad:
  • The device supports 5 OTG Playlists with a maximum of 200 songs for each list.
  • For better or for worse, the controls appear to be identical to the touchscreen pad of the K3 (No dedicated volume buttons :()
  • The dog theme is optional... There's another theme called Pendant and there's one that's called "My Skin" (Probably a user defined wallpaper)
For me, the biggest dissapointment is the lack of BT cell phone functionality (No Caller ID display). I heard somewhere that Samsung never really got this feature to work properly on the BT version of the T9, so I was hoping to see it fixed in their new players. I'm also unsure if the 8GB version will ever make its way to the United States. The recent trend towards touchscreen devices makes me wonder if this is Samsung's attempt to consolidate the similarities of the T9 and the K3 into one model. I, for one, would have been happier to see a video enabled BT version of the metal Z5. Oh well..

So what do you guys think?

bluetooth 2.0

Bluetooth lets these devices communicate with each other when they are in range. The devices use a radio communication system, so they do not have to be in line of sight of each other, and can even be in other rooms, as long as the received transmission is powerful enough. Bluetooth 2.0 is backwards compatible with 1.1 and 1.2. Bluetooth functionality allows for wireless headphones and integration with cell phones. So i am going to give it a try!:p:eek: Wish me luck...:o