abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sansa View (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   View Bug List (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21654)

EnzoTen 10-31-2007 03:04 PM

View Bug List

Bugs
  • Gapless? - We were promised gapless... what happened?
  • Fast Forward does not get progressively faster. Fast Forwarding sloooooow...
  • Forcing View to MSC mode while Sansa Updater is installed in Vista can cause BSOD on the View.
  • When Icon preview is enabled, Video selection screen locks up and or reboots player.
  • Computer locks up when trying to drag and drop video files off of the View - Vista (half the time)
  • No bookmarking for Audible (.aa) files.

digitalq 11-03-2007 07:38 PM

No bookmarking for Audible (.aa) files.

Zeus47 11-04-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnzoTen (Post 179412)
Bugs
  • Gapless? - We were promised gapless... what happened?
  • Fast Forward does not get progressively faster. Fast Forwarding sloooooow...
  • Forcing View to MSC mode while Sansa Updater is installed in Vista can cause BSOD on the View.
  • When Icon preview is enabled, Video selection screen locks up and or reboots player.
  • Computer locks up when trying to drag and drop video files off of the View - Vista (half the time)
  • No bookmarking for Audible (.aa) files.

I have the same problem with the video locking up when viewing the thumbnails.:(:mad:

bradavon 11-12-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnzoTen (Post 179412)
Bugs

Can someone explain these two:

* If Sansa Updater isn't running how can it caused a BSOD? If so Sansa Updater must be a Service.
* Do you mean copy off or move off of the View? Why would you want to do this? Most of the time you'd copy/move them on and if you don't want them any more delete them from the View.

Have these problems been confirmed by more than one person?

Vista isn't as good as it could be with copying files generally speaking I bet this has something to do with it. It can sometimes take ages to get started "saying processing number of files".

Thanks

digitalq 11-12-2007 11:53 PM

Sansa updater runs in the background and looks for Sansa players to connect.

bradavon 11-13-2007 05:43 AM

In the System Tray? I don't like those programs and would prevent it running. I keep the minimum in my system tray.

Thanks.

evil4blue 11-13-2007 08:53 PM

Exchanged my original 16gb View because it had the screen flickering problem. I got a pretty serious crash/BSOD when trying to move ~13gb of songs and videos back on to the new player. The data move fine, but when the view tried to refresh it's database, the player kicked it. I got thing working again by move the files in smaller chunks. I guess you can't refresh the DB with more that about 8gb of new data.

Sansa is fun 11-13-2007 09:06 PM

I have found the View does not like big multi-GB transfers all at once but my View has settled down after my initial loading up of files - only have about 1.5 GB left free on the View.

evil4blue 11-13-2007 09:58 PM

We'll I'm still having problems. I can get about 95% of my stuff on the player but that last little bit kills it. I guess there could be an error in one of my files, but these all loaded on to the last player I had. I just did another format (in case of a bad sector or something), and will try uploading again. If it still crashes, I'll try upload the firmware again. If it still crashes after that, I'm going to be a little bulls--t. Hopefully all goes well.

Drkepilogue 11-14-2007 10:01 PM

ill add a few:
Battery DOES NO LAST 35 HR... more like 5
i get random GUI lock-up
skiping song sometime causes the GUI to lock up
while trying to use the FM radio, after seeking, it would lock up for a few moment, and then resets to default station

*edit*Also, for some reason, there is a chance that my wifi internet gets completely hammered when i take out, or plug in from the comp. O_o

bradavon 11-15-2007 09:07 AM

My iRiver H10 has the tendency to crash if I upload gigabytes at the same time. That is hard disk based though.

I wonder how Sandisk calculated 35 hours which is what their spec still says yet no one manages to get anywhere near it. I wonder if everyone is using higher/much higher than the 128Kbps they use to calculate this value.

kvee 12-31-2007 06:04 AM

Battery Life

there is no way I am getting anywhere near 35 hours battery life. After about 6 hours it was drained.

bradavon 12-31-2007 10:32 AM

I've heard that from everyone.

What are you playing to drain the battery? What bitrate? Audio/Video? Thanks.

kvee 01-01-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradavon (Post 198747)
I've heard that from everyone.

What are you playing to drain the battery? What bitrate? Audio/Video? Thanks.

All i have played on it so far is VBR mp3's. No videos.

PHlash 01-02-2008 04:24 PM

I have the same problem with my View. I'm luck if the battery lasts for 7 hours. All my music is mp3, 128bit. Brightness is down to second lowest setting, and auto shut off is 5 mins.(I haven't even started playing around with video yet!)

I've read somewhere else on this forum that the low battery life is caused by the unit going int "standby" mode instead of shutting off. I've experienced this a few times myself where I'll leave the player for a half hour or so, the unit shuts off (none of the buttons or scroll wheel work) but it powers up instantly. Last night I charged it full with a wall charger, unplugged it, had it go into standby, then this morning, I was down a quarter on the battery life after my 20min drive to work!

According to this other post, the guy started to hard power off his unit (hold power button up for 10 sec) whenever he stopped playing tunes. He managed to get about 2 weeks off one charge running 1-2 hours per day using this method, but it causes the DB to refresh every power on like my old E270.

I've called Sandisk support and they don't know of or won't acknowledge any battery problem. The only suggestion they had was to exchange the unit at point of purchase, which I did. Still the same results. If the unit is not standing by correctly, this may be fixable in a future FW release. (I hope!)

BTW, I am running 1.01.06 FW and I formatted the player after installing the update. No difference.

bradavon 01-02-2008 04:42 PM

If you hold HOME down while shutting down I believe it shuts it down properly. You could test that. It doesn't seem to have any affect on load time though. You'll find this Shutdown method causes it to re-confirm the language each time it's turned on (it defaults to English thankfully) but no other options are lost.

This seems to shut it down fully the most. It says "System Shutdown".

I only find the DB Refreshes after I disconnect from a MSC connection. I've tested shutting down for 10 seconds without pressing HOME and no DB Refresh happens when I turn it back on. Maybe it's because my music is in MSC mode, not that I ever see it DB Refreshing when music is transferred by MTP anyway.

In short no DB Refresh like you describe for me. That would be a right pain if it did. I tend to hold it down for 10 seconds as a matter of course as I'm not a fan of these fake shut off modes. It's not as if it takes ages to load up in the first place. If it did then it would make sense but as it doesn't it's pointless.

I don't use the Turn off + HOME button combo though as it's silly it then loses the language.

I formatted it too and run the latest firmware.

I cannot say how long the battery lasts as I've not had it long enough but it seems to last longer than yours (maybe not). The Standby time is also 5 minutes, brightness is in the middle (I don't like it lower) and the backlight is set to 30 seconds.

EDIT: I don't think 7 hours is too bad but 10-12 hours would be more acceptable. I do wonder how they came to the 35 hours on all press releases and spec. sheets.

My old iRiver H10 also had the same fake power off. When I'd finished using that I'd shut it down and just remove the battery, and put it back in again (it has a proper removable battery). It's a pity you cannot do that hear. From cold the Sansa View takes half the time the iRiver H10 did.

I use to do the same when I owned a Pocket PC too.

stueyf 01-28-2008 04:57 AM

bugs ive found

playlists are restricted to 500 tracks

when playing a playlist if you press for the next track it randomly goes back to the menu! which means you have to start all over again, very annoying.

timmyjoe42 01-30-2008 10:52 AM

What is up with the 500 track limit on playlists? This has been bugging me for weeks.

When the player is "Playing All" in shuffle mode, the device stops playing every couple hours and needs to be manually forwarded to the next song.

(I just read about the upgrade to 1.02.09 firmware, so hopefully this will fix things.

stueyf 02-02-2008 02:23 PM

just loaded the new firmware, playlists still capped at 500 and player stops every couple of hours still when the player is "Playing All" in shuffle mode. :-( very disappointed still!

jmatrix69 02-24-2008 08:40 PM

Firmware: 1.02.09A

Since the upgraded firmware was installed I can no longer delete a video using the 'Delete Video' menu option. The player goes through the motions and acts like it's gone - it's removed from the file list - but when I plug it in and browse on my computer the files are still there and I have to delete them manually. I have also tried this with music files and some delete and some don't and I haven't had time to figure out why that is. I also still have random video freezes after upgrading, which was also happening to me with the prior firmware.